Shb null allele is inherited with a transmission ratio distortion and causes reduced viability in utero
Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 9, pages 2485–2492, September 2007
How to Cite
Kriz, V., Mares, J., Wentzel, P., Funa, N. S., Calounova, G., Zhang, X.-Q., Forsberg-Nilsson, K., Forsberg, M. and Welsh, M. (2007), Shb null allele is inherited with a transmission ratio distortion and causes reduced viability in utero. Dev. Dyn., 236: 2485–2492. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21257
- Issue online: 17 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2007
- Swedish Research Council. Grant Number: 31X-10822
- Swedish Cancer Foundation
- The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- Swedish Diabetes Foundation
- Family Ernfors Fund
- Henning and Gösta Ankarstrand
- Erland Wessler
- 1998. Targeted disruption of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor 2 suggests a role for FGF signaling in pregastrulation mammalian development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95: 5082–5087. , , , , .
- 2005. The t complex-encoded GTPase-activating protein Tagap1 acts as a transmission ratio distorter in mice. Nat Genet 37: 969–973. , , , .
- 2002. The Shb adaptor protein binds to tyrosine 766 in the FGFR-1 and regulates the Ras/MEK/MAPK pathway via FRS2 phosphorylation in endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell 13: 2881–2893. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Selection of v-abl tyrosine kinase substrate sequences from randomized peptide and cellular proteomic libraries using mRNA display. Chem Biol 9: 253–264. , , , , .
- 2000. Endostatin-induced tyrosine kinase signaling through the Shb adaptor protein regulates endothelial cell apoptosis. Blood 95: 3403–3411. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. The adaptor protein shb binds to tyrosine 1175 in vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor-2 and regulates VEGF-dependent cellular migration. J Biol Chem 279: 22267–22275. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Apoptosis of NIH3T3 cells overexpressing the Src homology 2 domain protein Shb. Oncogene 13: 955–961. , .
- 1995. Molecular interactions of the Src homology 2 domain protein Shb with phosphotyrosine residues, tyrosine kinase receptors and Src homology 3 domain proteins. Oncogene 10: 1475–1483. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. The SHB adapter protein is required for efficient multilineage differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Exp Cell Res 286: 40–56. , , , , , .
- 2006. The SHB adapter protein is required for normal maturation of mesoderm during in vitro differentiation of embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem 281: 34484–34491. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Zp3-cre, a transgenic mouse line for the activation or inactivation of loxP-flanked target genes specifically in the female germ line. Curr Biol 7: 148–151. , , .
- 2005. Hypoxic stress in diabetic pregnancy contributes to impaired embryo gene expression and defective development by inducing oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289: E591–E599. , , , , .
- 2002. IL-2 receptor signaling through the Shb adapter protein in T and NK cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296: 929–936. .
- 1999. Requirement of the Src homology 2 domain protein Shb for T cell receptor-dependent activation of the interleukin-2 gene nuclear factor for activation of T cells element in Jurkat T cells. J Biol Chem 274: 28050–28057. , , , , .
- 2000. Shf, a Shb-like adapter protein, is involved in PDGF-alpha-receptor regulation of apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 278: 537–543. , , , .
- 2002. Shb links SLP-76 and Vav with the CD3 complex in Jurkat T cells. Eur J Biochem 269: 3279–3288. , , , .
- 2000. NGF-Dependent neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells overexpressing the Src homology 2-domain protein shb requires activation of the Rap1 pathway. Exp Cell Res 259: 370–377. , , , , .
- 2002. Role of the Src homology 2 domain-containing protein Shb in murine brain endothelial cell proliferation and differentiation. Cell Growth Differ 13: 141–148. , , , .
- 2005. Elucidating mouse transmission ratio distortion. Nat Genet 37: 924–925. .
- 1997. Identification and characterization of two novel SH2 domain-containing proteins from a yeast two hybrid screen with the ABL tyrosine kinase. Oncogene 15: 1255–1262. , , , , .
- 2005. Shb promotes blood vessel formation in embryoid bodies by augmenting vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 and platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta signaling. Exp Cell Res 308: 381–393. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Genesis of alcohol-induced craniofacial dysmorphism. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 230: 366–375. .
- 1994. Shb is a ubiquitously expressed Src homology 2 protein. Oncogene 9: 19–27. , , , , , .
- 1998. Stimulation through the T cell receptor leads to interactions between SHB and several signaling proteins. Oncogene 16: 891–901. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Transgenic mice expressing Shb adaptor protein under the control of rat insulin promoter exhibit altered viability of pancreatic islet cells. Mol Med 5: 169–180. , , , , .
- 2006. Ethanol-induced fetal dysmorphogenesis in the mouse is diminished by high antioxidative capacity of the mother. Toxicol Sci 92: 416–422. , .
- 2005. Folic acid supplementation diminishes diabetes- and glucose-induced dysmorphogenesis in rat embryos in vivo and in vitro. Diabetes 54: 546–553. , , .
- 2006. Antioxidative treatment diminishes ethanol-induced congenital malformations in the rat. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30: 1752–1760. , , .
- 1999. Embryonic lethality and vascular defects in mice lacking the Notch ligand Jagged1. Hum Mol Genet 8: 723–730. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Syk expression in endothelial cells and their morphologic defects in embryonic Syk-deficient mice. Blood 98: 2869–2871. , , , , , .