Dynamic expression of FXYD6 in the inner ear suggests a role of the protein in endolymph homeostasis and neuronal activity
Article first published online: 5 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 9, pages 2534–2540, September 2007
How to Cite
Delprat, B., Puel, J.-L. and Geering, K. (2007), Dynamic expression of FXYD6 in the inner ear suggests a role of the protein in endolymph homeostasis and neuronal activity. Dev. Dyn., 236: 2534–2540. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21269
- Issue published online: 17 AUG 2007
- Article first published online: 5 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUN 2007
- Swiss National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 3100A0-107513
- 1985. Histochemical, microchemical (microprobe) and organ culture approaches to the study of auditory development. Acta Otolaryngol Suppl 421: 10–18. .
- 2001. CHIF, a member of the FXYD protein family, is a regulator of Na,K-ATPase distinct from the γ-subunit. EMBO J 20: 3993–4002. , , , , , .
- 2002. FXYD7 is a brain-specific regulator of Na,K-ATPase α1-βisozymes. EMBO J. 21: 3264–3273. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Structural and functional properties of two human FXYD3 (Mat-8) isoforms. J Biol Chem 281: 39142–39151. , , , , .
- 2002. An inner ear gene expression database. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 3: 140–148. , .
- 1998. The gastric H+,K+-ATPase is a major autoantigen in chronic Helicobacter pylori gastritis with body mucosa atrophy. Gastroenterology 115: 340–347. , , , , .
- 2000. Transport and pharmacological properties of nine different human Na, K-ATPase isozymes. J Biol Chem 275: 1976–1986. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Phospholemman (FXYD1) associates with Na,K-ATPase and regulates its transport properties. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99: 11476–11481. , , , , .
- 2005. FXYD3 (Mat-8), a new regulator of Na,K-ATPase. Mol Biol Cell 16: 2363–2371. , , , .
- 1992. The active cochlea. J Neurosci 12: 4575–4585. .
- 2007. FXYD6 is a novel regulator of Na,K-ATPase expressed in the inner ear. J Biol Chem 282: 7450–7456. , , , , , .
- 1996. Na,K-ATPase α- and β-isoforms in the developing cochlea of the mouse. Hear Res 100: 143–149. , , , , .
- 2006. FXYD proteins: new regulators of Na-K-ATPase. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 290: F241–F250. .
- 1996. Oligomerization and maturation of Na,K-ATPase: functional interaction of the cytoplasmic NH2 terminus of the β subunit with the α subunit. J Cell Biol 133: 1193–1204. , , , , , , .
- 1981. Immunochemical evidence for a transmembrane orientation of both the (Na+, K+)-ATPase subunits. Biochemistry 20: 6684–6691. , , , , , , .
- 1989. Quantitative immunocytochemical localization of Na+,K+-ATPase α-subunit in the lateral wall of rat cochlear duct. J Histochem Cytochem 37: 353–363. , , , , , .
- 2004. Phosphohippolin expression in the rat central nervous system. Brain Res Mol Brain Res 125: 105–112. , , , , , , .
- 1970a. The cochlear potentials. I. The effect of ouabain on the cochlear potentials of the guinea pig. Pflugers Arch 320: 348–358. , .
- 1970b. The cochlear potentials. II. The nature of the cochlear endolymphatic resting potential. Pflugers Arch 320: 359–372. , .
- 1974. Na-K-ATPase activity in the cochlea of the rat during development. Acta Otolaryngol 78: 341–344. .
- 1980. Cochlear receptor development in the rat with emphasis on synaptogenesis. Anat Embryol (Berl) 160: 253–262. , , .
- 1984. Efficient in vitro synthesis of biologically active RNA and RNA hybridization probes from plasmids containing a bacteriophage SP6 promoter. Nucleic Acids Res 12: 7035–7056. , , , , , .
- 2005. Differential expression of genes within the cochlea as defined by a custom mouse inner ear microarray. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 6: 75–89. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Occurrence of Na,K-ATPase isoforms during rat inner ear development and functional implications. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 258: 67–73. , , .
- 1988. Cochlear fluid dynamics. In: JahnA, Santos-SacchiJ, editors. Physiology of the ear. New York: Raven Press. pp 391–357. , .
- 1992. Lateral wall Na,K-ATPase and endocochlear potentials decline with age in quiet-reared gerbils. Hear Res 61: 35–46. , .
- 1984. The effects of furosemide on the endocochlear potential and auditory-nerve fiber tuning curves in cats. Hear Res 14: 305–314. .
- 2006. Gastric type H+,K+-ATPase in the cochlear lateral wall is critically involved in formation of the endocochlear potential. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291: C1038–C1048. , , , , , .
- 2000. The FXYD gene family of small ion transport regulators or channels: cDNA sequence, protein signature sequence, and expression. Genomics 68: 41–56. , .
- 2003. Catecholamine-independent transient expression of tyrosine hydroxylase in primary auditory neurons is coincident with the onset of hearing in the rat cochlea. Eur J Neurosci 18: 2653–2662. , , , , .
- 1981. Development of cochlear potentials in rats. Audiology 20: 89–100. , , .
- 1994. Expression of Na+,K+-ATPase α 1 subunit mRNA in the developing rat cochlea. Hear Res 80: 31–37. , , , .