Regulation of XSnail2 expression by Rho GTPases
Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 236, Issue 9, pages 2555–2566, September 2007
How to Cite
Broders-Bondon, F., Chesneau, A., Romero-Oliva, F., Mazabraud, A., Mayor, R. and Thiery, J. P. (2007), Regulation of XSnail2 expression by Rho GTPases. Dev. Dyn., 236: 2555–2566. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21273
- Issue online: 17 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUN 2007
- European Training, Mobility Research grant “Multicellularity”. Grant Number: HPRN-CT-2000-00097
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- 1999. A method for generating transgenic frog embryos. Methods Mol Biol 97: 393–414. , .
- 2002. Early induction of neural crest cells: lessons learned from frog, fish and chick. Curr Opin Genet Dev 12: 452–458. , .
- 2003. Snail precedes slug in the genetic cascade required for the specification and migration of the Xenopus neural crest. Development 130: 483–494. , , .
- 2004. Identification of neural crest competence territory: role of Wnt signaling. Dev Dyn 229: 109–117. , , .
- 2002. Cell-cell adhesion and signalling. Curr Opin Cell Biol 14: 546–556. .
- 2005. The challenges of abundance: epithelial junctions and small GTPase signalling. Curr Opin Cell Biol 17: 466–474. , .
- 2004. Rho and Rac take center stage. Cell 116: 167–179. , .
- 2003. GTPase regulation: getting aRnd Rock and Rho inhibition. Curr Biol 13: R702–R704. .
- 2001. Xenopus Bcl-X(L) selectively protects Rohon-Beard neurons from metamorphic degeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98: 7869–7874. , , , , , , .
- 1987. Fate map for the 32-cell stage of Xenopus laevis. Development 99: 527–551. , .
- 2001. A role for frizzled 3 in neural crest development. Development 128: 3655–3663. , , , .
- 1996. Cytokinesis arrest and redistribution of actin-cytoskeleton regulatory components in cells expressing the Rho GTPase CDC42Hs. J Cell Sci 109: 367–377. , , , .
- 2002. Bimodal functions of Notch-mediated signaling are involved in neural crest formation during avian ectoderm development. Development 129: 863–873. , , .
- 1993. Expression of Xenopus snail in mesoderm and prospective neural fold ectoderm. Dev Dyn 198: 108–122. , , .
- 2002. Rho GTPases in cell biology. Nature 420: 629–635. , .
- 2004. Rational design and characterization of a Rac GTPase-specific small molecule inhibitor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101: 7618–7623. , , , , .
- 2002. Ectodermal Wnt function as a neural crest inducer. Science 297: 848–851. , , .
- 2004. Interplay between Notch signaling and the homeoprotein Xiro1 is required for neural crest induction in Xenopus embryos. Development 131: 347–359. , , , , .
- 2003. Coactivation of Rac and Rho by Wnt/Frizzled signaling is required for vertebrate gastrulation. Genes Dev 17: 295–309. , , .
- 1998. Rho GTPases and the actin cytoskeleton. Science 279: 509–514. .
- 2000. RhoB is expressed in migrating neural crest and endocardial cushions of the developing mouse embryo. Mech Dev 95: 211–214. , , .
- 2004. Induction of the neural crest and the opportunities of life on the edge. Dev Biol 275: 1–11. , .
- 1999. Regulation of cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion by the Rho family GTPases. Curr Opin Cell Biol 11: 591–596. , , , .
- 1996. Transgenic Xenopus embryos from sperm nuclear transplantations reveal FGF signaling requirements during gastrulation. Development 122: 3173–3183. , .
- 2007. Sphingosine 1-phosphate causes airway hyper-reactivity by rho-mediated Myosin phosphatase inactivation. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320: 766–773. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Neural crest induction in Xenopus: evidence for a two-signal model. Development 125: 2403–2414. , .
- 2001. Zebrafish wnt8 encodes two wnt8 proteins on a bicistronic transcript and is required for mesoderm and neurectoderm patterning. Dev Cell 1: 103–114. , , , .
- 2004. Reiterated Wnt signaling during zebrafish neural crest development. Development 131: 1299–1308. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Dorsal differentiation of neural plate cells induced by BMP-mediated signals from epidermal ectoderm. Cell 82: 969–979. , , , .
- 2000. Relationship between gene expression domains of Xsnail, Xslug, and Xtwist and cell movement in the prospective neural crest of Xenopus. Dev Biol 224: 215–225. , , .
- 1998. A role for rhoB in the delamination of neural crest cells from the dorsal neural tube. Development 125: 5055–5067. , .
- 2002. cDNA cloning, sequence comparison, and developmental expression of Xenopus rac1. Mech Dev 115: 113–116. , , .
- 1996. Neural crest formation in Xenopus laevis: mechanisms of Xslug induction. Dev Biol 177: 580–589. , .
- 1998. The inductive properties of mesoderm suggest that the neural crest cells are specified by a BMP gradient. Dev Biol 198: 319–329. , , , , .
- 2001. Regulation of gene expression by the small GTPase Rho through the ERK6 (p38 gamma) MAP kinase pathway. Genes Dev 15: 535–553. , , .
- 2004. The small GTP-binding protein RhoA regulates c-jun by a ROCK-JNK signaling axis. Mol Cell 14: 29–41. , , , , , .
- 1999. Germ-line transmission of transgenes in Xenopus laevis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96: 14389–14393. , , , .
- 1995. Induction of the prospective neural crest of Xenopus. Development 121: 767–777. , , .
- 1997. Role of FGF and noggin in neural crest induction. Dev Biol 189: 1–12. , , .
- 1987. Fates of the blastomeres of the 32-cell-stage Xenopus embryo. Dev Biol 122: 300–319. .
- 2006. Marked increase of insulin gene transcription by suppression of the Rho/Rho-kinase pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 350: 68–73. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Ventral and lateral regions of the zebrafish gastrula, including the neural crest progenitors, are established by a bmp2b/swirl pathway of genes. Dev Biol 199: 93–110. , , , , , .
- 2002. The snail superfamily of zinc-finger transcription factors. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3: 155–166. .
- 1994. Normal table of Xenopus laevis (Daudin). New York: Garland Publishing. , .
- 2000. The development of Xenopus tropicalis transgenic lines and their use in studying lens developmental timing in living embryos. Development 127: 1789–1797. , , .
- 2000. Rho and Rac exert antagonistic functions on spreading of macrophage-derived multinucleated cells and are not required for actin fiber formation. J Cell Sci 113: 1177–1188. , , , .
- 2004. LSox5 regulates RhoB expression in the neural tube and promotes generation of the neural crest. Development 131: 4455–4465. , , .
- 2001. Ras and Rho regulation of the cell cycle and oncogenesis. Cancer Lett 171: 1–10. , .
- 2004. Cell migration: Rho GTPases lead the way. Dev Biol 265: 23–32. , .
- 2006. Rho GTPases and actin dynamics in membrane protrusions and vesicle trafficking. Trends Cell Biol 16: 522–529. .
- 2004. Snails, Swiss, and serum: the solution for Rac 'n' Rho. Cell 116: S23–S25, 22 p following S25. , .
- 1997. Regulation of dorsal fate in the neuraxis by Wnt-1 and Wnt-3a. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94: 13713–13718. , , , .
- 2001. Requirement of FoxD3-class signaling for neural crest determination in Xenopus. Development 128: 2525–2536. , , .
- 2004. Rho signalling at a glance. J Cell Sci 117: 5457–5458. .
- 2006. Slug expression is an independent prognostic parameter for poor survival in colorectal carcinoma patients. Br J Cancer 94: 1816–1822. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Genetic network during induction: from cell specification to cell survival. Semin Cell Dev Biol 16: 647–654. , , .
- 2003. Distinct functions of Rho and Rac are required for convergent extension during Xenopus gastrulation. Dev Biol 259: 318–335. , .
- 2003. Regulation of Msx genes by a Bmp gradient is essential for specification. Development 130: 6441–6452. , , , , .
- 2001. Cloning and characterization of three Xenopus slug promoters reveal direct regulation by Lef/beta-catenin signaling. J Biol Chem 276: 30350–30358. , , , , , .
- 1997. Rho GTPases and signaling networks. Genes Dev 11: 2295–2322. , .
- 2002. Role of Rho family GTPases in epithelial morphogenesis. Genes Dev 16: 1032–1054. , .
- 2006. Slug stability is dynamically regulated during neural crest development by the F-box protein Ppa. Development 133: 3359–3370. , .
- 2007. Expression of RhoB in the developing Xenopus laevis embryo. Gene Expr Patterns 7: 282–288. , , , , , .
- 2002. Posteriorization by FGF, Wnt, and retinoic acid is required for neural crest induction. Dev Biol 241: 289–301. , , , .
- 2004. Rho-family GTPases: it's not only Rac and Rho (and I like it). J Cell Sci 117: 1301–1312. , .
- 2005. RhoA/ROCK signaling regulates Sox9 expression and actin organization during chondrogenesis. J Biol Chem 280: 11626–11634. , , .
- 2003. Wnt-frizzled signaling in neural crest formation. Trends Neurosci 26: 40–45. , , .
- 1999. Involvement of the small GTPases XRhoA and XRnd1 in cell adhesion and head formation in early Xenopus development. Development 126: 5339–5351. , , , .
- 2006. An NF-kappaB and slug regulatory loop active in early vertebrate mesoderm. PLoS ONE 1: e106. , , , , .