E. Park and Dr. Shim contributed equally to this work.
Patterns & Phenotypes
Identification and expression of XRTN1-A and XRTN1-C in Xenopus laevis
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Stem Cells
Volume 236, Issue 12, pages 3545–3553, December 2007
How to Cite
Park, E. C., Shim, S. and Han, J.-K. (2007), Identification and expression of XRTN1-A and XRTN1-C in Xenopus laevis. Dev. Dyn., 236: 3545–3553. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21362
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 SEP 2007
- Advanced Basic Research Laboratory Program of KOSEF. Grant Number: R14-2002-012-01001-0
- Brain Korea 21 Project
- 1998. Culturing nerve cells. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press. , .
- 2005. Thyroid hormones and brain development. Vitam Horm 71: 95–122. .
- 2006. Molecular and developmental analyses of thyroid hormone receptor function in Xenopus laevis, the African clawed frog. Gen Comp Endocrinol 145: 1–19. , , , .
- 2000. Nogo-A is a myelin-associated neurite outgrowth inhibitor and an antigen for monoclonal antibody IN-1. Nature 403: 434–439. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Identification and developmental expression of par-6 gene in Xenopus laevis. Mech Dev 91: 347–350. , , .
- 2003. Glucosylceramide synthase and its functional interaction with RTN-1C regulate chemotherapeutic-induced apoptosis in neuroepithelioma cells. Cancer Res 63: 3860–3865. , , , , , .
- 2002. Myelin-associated glycoprotein interacts with the Nogo66 receptor to inhibit neurite outgrowth. Neuron 35: 283–290. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Fragile X mental retardation protein: nucleocytoplasmic shuttling and association with somatodendritic ribosomes. J Neurosci 17: 1539–1547. , , , , , .
- 2006. A developmental switch induced by thyroid hormone: Xenopus laevis metamorphosis. Trends Endocrinol Metab 17: 40–47. , .
- 1998. Molecular cloning of a novel mouse gene with predominant muscle and neural expression. Mamm Genome 9: 274–282. , , , .
- 2000. Identification of the Nogo inhibitor of axon regeneration as a Reticulon protein. Nature 403: 439–444. , , , .
- 2002. Molecular cloning and characterization of the mouse reticulon 3 cDNA. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 48: 163–172. , , , , , , , , .
- 1991. In situ hybridization: an improved whole-mount method for Xenopus embryos. Methods Cell Biol 36: 685–695. .
- 2002. Patterns of Nogo mRNA and protein expression in the developing and adult rat and after CNS lesions. J Neurosci 22: 3553–3567. , , , , .
- 2003. Human reticulon 1-A and 1-B interact with a medium chain of the AP-2 adaptor complex. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 49 Online Pub: OL467–OL471. , .
- 2001. NOGO mRNA expression in adult and fetal human and rat nervous tissue and in weight drop injury. Exp Neurol 169: 319–328. , , , , .
- 2004. Identification of two NOGO/RTN4 genes and analysis of Nogo-A expression in Xenopus laevis. Mol Cell Neurosci 25: 205–216. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Thyroid hormone action and brain development. Trends Endocrinol Metab 11: 123–128. , .
- 2004. Reticulon3 expression in rat optic and olfactory systems. Neurosci Lett 356: 17–20. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Link of a new type of apoptosis-inducing gene ASY/Nogo-B to human cancer. Oncogene 20: 3929–3936. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Nogo-A expression in mouse central nervous system neurons. Neurosci Lett 328: 257–260. , , .
- 2002. Myelin-associated glycoprotein as a functional ligand for the Nogo-66 receptor. Science 297: 1190–1193. , , , .
- 1999. Cloning of a novel member of the reticulon gene family (RTN3): gene structure and chromosomal localization to 11q13. Genomics 58: 73–81. , , .
- 1994. Normal table of Xenopus laevis (Daudin). London: Garland Publishing, Inc. , .
- 1997. Rat and chicken s-rex/NSP mRNA: nucleotide sequence of main transcripts and expression of splice variants in rat tissues. Gene 184: 205–210. , , .
- 2003. Nogo and its paRTNers. Trends Cell Biol 13: 187–194. , .
- 2003. A reticular rhapsody: phylogenic evolution and nomenclature of the RTN/Nogo gene family. FASEB J 17: 1238–1247. , , , .
- 2005. Identification and expression of XRTN2 and XRTN3 during Xenopus development. Dev Dyn 233: 240–247. , , .
- 2003. Pro-apoptotic ASY/Nogo-B protein associates with ASYIP. J Cell Physiol 196: 312–318. , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Cloning and expression of alternative transcripts of a novel neuroendocrine-specific gene and identification of its 135-kDa translational product. J Biol Chem 268: 13439–13447. , , , , , .
- 1998. cDNA cloning, genomic organization, and expression of the human RTN2 gene, a member of a gene family encoding reticulons. Genomics 51: 98–106. , , , .
- 1994. Subcellular localization and supramolecular organization of neuroendocrine-specific protein B (NSP-B) in small cell lung cancer. Eur J Cell Biol 65: 341–353. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Neuroendocrine-specific protein C (NSP-C): subcellular localization and differential expression in relation to NSP-A. Eur J Cell Biol 69: 197–213. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Developmental expression profiles of Xenopus laevis reference genes. Dev Dyn 235: 754–758. , , .
- 2000. Early development of Xenopus laevis. A laboratory manual. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. , , .
- 2004. Reticulon 1-C/neuroendocrine-specific protein-C interacts with SNARE proteins. J Neurochem 89: 569–580. , , , , , .
- 2000. A novel protein, RTN-XS, interacts with both Bcl-XL and Bcl-2 on endoplasmic reticulum and reduces their anti-apoptotic activity. Oncogene 19: 5736–5746. , , , , .
- 2006. Amphibian metamorphosis as a model for the developmental actions of thyroid hormone. Mol Cell Endocrinol 246: 10–20. .
- 1994. NSP-encoded reticulons, neuroendocrine proteins of a novel gene family associated with membranes of the endoplasmic reticulum. J Cell Sci 107(pt 9): 2403–2416. , , , , .
- 2002. Oligodendrocyte-myelin glycoprotein is a Nogo receptor ligand that inhibits neurite outgrowth. Nature 417: 941–944. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Localization of Nogo-A and Nogo-66 receptor proteins at sites of axon-myelin and synaptic contact. J Neurosci 22: 5505–5515. , , , , , .
- 2003. The p75 receptor acts as a displacement factor that releases Rho from Rho-GDI. Nat Neurosci 6: 461–467. , .
- 2006. Reticulon proteins: emerging players in neurodegenerative diseases. Cell Mol Life Sci 63: 877–889. , , , .