Zebrafish cdc25a is expressed during early development and limiting for post-blastoderm cell cycle progression
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Stem Cells
Volume 236, Issue 12, pages 3427–3435, December 2007
How to Cite
Nogare, D. E. D., Arguello, A., Sazer, S. and Lane, M. E. (2007), Zebrafish cdc25a is expressed during early development and limiting for post-blastoderm cell cycle progression. Dev. Dyn., 236: 3427–3435. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21363
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 SEP 2007
- NIH. Grant Number: R01 EY015305
- NSF. Grant Number: 0344471
- March of Dimes Basil O'Connor Starter Scholar Award
- 1992. twine, a cdc25 homolog that functions in the male and female germline of drosophila. Cell 69: 977–988. , , , , , .
- 2001. Absence of apparent phenotype in mice lacking Cdc25C protein phosphatase. Mol Cell Biol 21: 3853–3861. , , , , .
- 2003. Chk1 kinase negatively regulates mitotic function of Cdc25A phosphatase through 14-3-3 binding. Mol Cell Biol 23: 7488–7497. , , .
- 1992. The Drosophila cdc25 homolog twine is required for meiosis. Development 116: 405–416. , , , .
- 2001. Inhibition of zebrafish fgf8 pre-mRNA splicing with morpholino oligos: a quantifiable method for gene knockdown. Genesis 30: 154–156. , , .
- 1996. Zygotic degradation of two maternal Cdc25 mRNAs terminates Drosophila's early cell cycle program. Genes Dev 10: 1966–1977. , .
- 1990. The three postblastoderm cell cycles of Drosophila embryogenesis are regulated in G2 by string. Cell 62: 469–480. , .
- 1994. Transcriptional regulation of string (cdc25): a link between developmental programming and the cell cycle. Development 120: 3131–3143. , , .
- 2005. Normal cell cycle and checkpoint responses in mice and cells lacking Cdc25B and Cdc25C protein phosphatases. Mol Cell Biol 25: 2853–2860. , , , .
- 1993. Comparison of Schizosaccharomyces pombe expression systems. Nucleic Acids Res 21: 2955–2956. .
- 1991. cdc25 is a specific tyrosine phosphatase that directly activates p34cdc2. Cell 67: 197–211. , , , , .
- 2003. Regulation of human Cdc25A stability by Serine 75 phosphorylation is not sufficient to activate a S phase checkpoint. Cell Cycle 2: 473–478. , , , , , .
- 1989. Tyrosine phosphorylation of the fission yeast cdc2+ protein kinase regulates entry into mitosis. Nature 342: 39–45. , .
- 2000. Laser-induced gene expression in specific cells of transgenic zebrafish. Development 127: 1953–1960. , , , , , , , .
- 1988. CLUSTAL: a package for performing multiple sequence alignment on a microcomputer. Gene 73: 237–244. , .
- 1992. Mitotic domains in the early embryo of the zebrafish. Nature 360: 735–737. , , .
- 2004. A transposon-mediated gene trap approach identifies developmentally regulated genes in zebrafish. Dev Cell 7: 133–144. , , , , , .
- 1999. A maternal form of the phosphatase Cdc25A regulates early embryonic cell cycles in Xenopus laevis. Dev Biol 212: 381–391. , , .
- 1994. Cell cycles and clonal strings during formation of the zebrafish central nervous system. Development 120: 265–276. , , .
- 1995. Stages of embryonic development of the zebrafish. Dev Dyn 203: 253–310. , , , , .
- 2004. MEGA3: Integrated software for molecular evolutionary genetics analysis and sequence alignment. Brief Bioinform 5: 150–163. , , .
- 2002. Multiple Cdk1 inhibitory kinases regulate the cell cycle during development. Dev Biol 249: 156–173. , .
- 2004. Inhibition of the cell cycle is required for convergent extension of the paraxial mesoderm during Xenopus neurulation. Development 131: 1703–1715. , .
- 2002. Cdc25b phosphatase is required for resumption of meiosis during oocyte maturation. Nat Genet 30: 446–449. , , , , , , , .
- 1990. nmt1 of fission yeast. J Biol Chem 265: 10857–10864. .
- 1993. Thiamine-repressible expression vectors pREP and pRIP for fission yeast. Gene 123: 127–130. .
- 1991. Molecular genetic analysis of fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Methods Enzymol 194: 795–823. , , .
- 2004. Morphogenesis during Xenopus gastrulation requires Wee1-mediated inhibition of cell proliferation. Development 131: 571–580. , , , .
- 1981). Cell division cycle mutants altered in DNA replication and mitosis in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Gen Genet 182: 119–124. , .
- 1975. Genetic control of cell size at cell division in yeast. Nature 256: 547–551. .
- 1980. Regulatory genes controlling mitosis in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genetics 96: 627–637. , .
- 1976. Genetic control of the cell division cycle in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Gen Genet 146: 167–178. , , .
- 1986. cdc25+ functions as an inducer in the mitotic control of fission yeast. Cell 45: 145–153. , .
- 1996. Anteroposterior patterning in the zebrafish, Danio rerio: an explant assay reveals inductive and suppressive cell interactions. Development 122: 1873–1883. , , .
- 2001. Isolation and characterization of posteriorly restricted genes in the zebrafish gastrula. Dev Dyn 220: 402–408. , , , .
- 2001. Spatial and temporal patterns of cell division during early Xenopus embryogenesis. Dev Biol 229: 307–318. , .
- 2002. Chk1 is activated transiently and targets Cdc25A for degradation at the Xenopus midblastula transition. Embo J 21: 3694–3703. , , , , , .
- 1986. The cell cycle control gene cdc2+ of fission yeast encodes a protein kinase potentially regulated by phosphorylation. Cell 45: 261–268. , .
- 2003. Chk1 regulates the S phase checkpoint by coupling the physiological turnover and ionizing radiation-induced accelerated proteolysis of Cdc25A. Cancer Cell 3: 247–258. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. The zebrafish book. A guide for the laboratory use of zebrafish (Danio rerio). 4th ed. Eugene: University of Oregon Press. ..
- 2004. Fission yeast Clp1p phosphatase affects G2/M transition and mitotic exit through Cdc25p inactivation. EMBO J 23: 919–929. , .