Mouse embryonic diastema region is an ideal site for the development of ectopically transplanted tooth germ
Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 237, Issue 2, pages 411–416, February 2008
How to Cite
Song, Y., Yan, M., Muneoka, K. and Chen, Y. (2008), Mouse embryonic diastema region is an ideal site for the development of ectopically transplanted tooth germ. Dev. Dyn., 237: 411–416. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21427
- Issue online: 21 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 NOV 2007
- NIH. Grant Numbers: DE15123, DE16623, HD43277
- 1979. A histological study of the effect of developmental stage of tooth-germ on transplantation to hamster cheek pouch. Arch Oral Biol 24: 933–937. , .
- 1973. The antigenicity of mouse tooth germs. I. Isogenic and allogenic transplantation. Transplantation 16: 479–488. , .
- 2000. Conservation of early odontogenic signaling pathways in Aves. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97: 10044–10049. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Restriction of sonic hedgehog signalling during early tooth development. Development 131: 2875–2885. , , .
- 2003. Digit regeneration is regulated by Msx1 and Bmp4 in fetal mice. Development 130: 5123–5132. , , , .
- 2004. Application of the mouse exo utero development system in the study of developmental biology and teratology. Congenit Anom (Kyoto) 44: 2–8. , , .
- 1987. The development of mandibular molar tooth germs isografted in the mouse spleen. Arch Oral Biol 32: 695–704. , , , .
- 1965. Immunologic studies on tooth germ transplantation. Transplantation 3: 572–576. .
- 2005. Regulation of mammalian tooth cusp patterning by ectodin. Science 309: 2067–2070. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Gene expression patterns associated with suppression of odontogenesis in mouse and vole diastema regions. Dev Genes Evol 209: 495–506. , , , , .
- 2005. Coordination of trigeminal axon navigation and patterning with tooth organ formation: epithelial-mesenchymal interactions, and epithelial Wnt4 and Tgfbeta1 regulate semaphorin 3a expression in the dental mesenchyme. Development 132: 323–334. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1980. Tooth induction in chick epithelium: expression of quiescent genes for enamel synthesis. Science 207: 993–995. , .
- 2002. Chick limbs with mouse teeth: an effective in vivo culture system for tooth germ development and analysis. Dev Dyn 226: 149–154. , , , .
- 1985. Superordinal and intraordinal affinities of rodents: developmental evidence from the dentition and placentation. In: LuckettWP, HartenbergerJ-L, editors. Evolutionary relationships among rodents. NATO ASI Series, Ser. A, Vol. 92. New York: Plenum. p 227–276. .
- 1986. An experimental study of timing and topography of early tooth development in the mouse embryo with an analysis of the role of innervation. Arch Oral Biol 31: 301–311. , .
- 2005. Expression of ephrin-A logands and EphA receptors in the developing mouse tooth and its supporting tissues. Cell Tissue Res 319: 143–152. , , , .
- 1986a. Mouse embryos develop normally exo utero. J Exp Zool 239: 289–293. , , .
- 1986b. Exo utero survival of mouse embryos. Prog Clin Biol Res 217A: 305–308. , , .
- 2003. Stimulation of ectodermal organ development by Ectodysplasin-A1. Dev Biol 259: 123–136. , , , . , , , .
- 2004. Ectodysplasin A1 promotes placodal cell fate during early morphogenesis of ectodermal appendages. Development 131: 4907–4919. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1985. Recombinant study of the mouse molar cervical loop and dental papilla by renal transplantation. Arch Oral Biol 30: 557–561. .
- 2007. The development of a bioengineered organ germ method. Nat Methods 4: 227–230. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Exo utero surgery. Methods Mol Biol 135: 481–492. , .
- 2004. Stem-cell-based tissue engineering of murine teeth. J Dent Res 83: 518–522. , , , .
- 1995. Contribution of 3-D computer-assisted reconstructions to the study of the initial steps of mouse odontogenesis. Int J Dev Biol 39: 239–247. , , , .
- 1997. Humason's animal tissue techniques. 5th ed. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press. , .
- 1992. Vital dye analysis of cranial neural crest cell-migration in the mouse embryo. Development 116: 297–307. , , .
- 2006. Application of lentivirus-mediated RNAi in studying gene function in mammalian tooth development. Dev Dyn 235: 1334–1344. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Molecular mechanisms of cell and tissue interactions during early tooth development. Anat Rec 245: 151–161. , , , .
- 1991. Immunohistochemical analysis of pulpal innervation in developing rat molars. Arch Oral Biol 36: 139–146. , .
- 2004. The activation level of the TNF family receptor, Edar, determines cusp number and tooth number during tooth development. Dev Biol 268: 185–194. , , , , .
- 1981. Recombination experiments on the odontogenic roles of mouse dental papilla and dental sac tissues in ocular grafts. Arch Oral Biol 26: 303–307. , .
- 2003a. Loss of the Tg737 protein results in skeletal patterning defects. Dev Dyn 227: 78–90. , , , , , , .
- 2003b. Timing of odontogenic neural crest cell migration and tooth-forming capability in mice. Dev Dyn 226: 713–718. , , , , , .