Differences in early lineage segregation between mammals
Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 237, Issue 4, pages 918–927, April 2008
How to Cite
Kuijk, E. W., Du Puy, L., Van Tol, H. T.A., Oei, C. H.Y., Haagsman, H. P., Colenbrander, B. and Roelen, B. A.J. (2008), Differences in early lineage segregation between mammals. Dev. Dyn., 237: 918–927. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21480
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JAN 2008
- SenterNovem. Grant Number: IS042022
- 2000. A flattened mouse embryo: leveling the playing field. Genesis 28: 23–30. , , , .
- 2008. Expression analysis of pluripotency factors in the undifferentiated porcine inner cell mass and epiblast during in vitro culture. Mol Reprod Dev 75: 450–463. , , .
- 1980. Monoclonal antibodies against trophectoderm-specific markers during mouse blastocyst formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 77: 4113–4117. , , , .
- 1996. Sheep cloned by nuclear transfer from a cultured cell line. Nature 380: 64–66. , , , .
- 2003. Functional expression cloning of Nanog, a pluripotency sustaining factor in embryonic stem cells. Cell 113: 643–655. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Early lineage segregation between epiblast and primitive endoderm in mouse blastocysts through the Grb2-MAPK pathway. Dev Cell 10: 615–624. , , , .
- 2005. Molecular evidence for a critical period in mural trophoblast development in bovine blastocysts. Dev Biol 288: 448–460. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. What can comparative studies of placental structure tell us? A review. Placenta 25 Suppl A: S3–9. , .
- 1981. Establishment in culture of pluripotential cells from mouse embryos. Nature 292: 154–156. , .
- 2002. Differentiation of embryonic stem cells is induced by GATA factors. Genes Dev 16: 784–789. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Germinal vesicle material is essential for nucleus remodeling after nuclear transfer. Biol Reprod 67: 928–934. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. GATA-4 and GATA-6 transcription factors: expression, immunohistochemical localization, and possible function in the porcine ovary. Biol Reprod 68: 412–422. , , .
- 2006. Developmental expression of pluripotency determining factors in caprine embryos: novel pattern of NANOG protein localization in the nucleolus. Mol Reprod Dev 73: 1512–1522. , , , , , , .
- 1996. In vitro maturation of bovine oocytes in the presence of growth hormone accelerates nuclear maturation and promotes subsequent embryonic development. Mol Reprod Dev 45: 372–377. , , .
- 2007. Challenges and prospects for the establishment of embryonic stem cell lines of domesticated ungulates. Anim Reprod Sci 98: 147–168. , , , .
- 1999. Expression and regulation of transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 in developing mouse testis. Endocrinology 140: 1470–1480. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. The effect of oviductal epithelial cell co-culture during in vitro maturation on sow oocyte morphology, fertilization and embryo development. Theriogenology 59: 1889–1903. , , , , , .
- 2000. Expression pattern of Oct-4 in preimplantation embryos of different species. Biol Reprod 63: 1698–1705. , , , , , .
- 1999. The transcription factor GATA6 is essential for early extraembryonic development. Development 126: 723–732. , , , , .
- 2007. Validation of reference genes for quantitative RT-PCR studies in porcine oocytes and preimplantation embryos. BMC Dev Biol 7: 58. , , , , , .
- 2007. Differential gene expression patterns in porcine nuclear transfer embryos reconstructed with fetal fibroblasts and mesenchymal stem cells. Dev Dyn 236: 435–446. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Meiotic and developmental competence of prepubertal and adult swine oocytes. Theriogenology 56: 17–29. , , , , , .
- 2003. The homeoprotein Nanog is required for maintenance of pluripotency in mouse epiblast and ES cells. Cell 113: 631–642. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. GATA6 regulates HNF4 and is required for differentiation of visceral endoderm in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev 12: 3579–3590. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Formation of pluripotent stem cells in the mammalian embryo depends on the POU transcription factor Oct4. Cell 95: 379–391. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Quantitative expression of Oct-3/4 defines differentiation, dedifferentiation or self-renewal of ES cells. Nat Genet 24: 372–376. , , .
- 2005. Interaction between Oct3/4 and Cdx2 determines trophectoderm differentiation. Cell 123: 917–929. , , , , , , .
- 1996. Developmental capacity, energy metabolism and ultrastructure of mature oocytes from prepubertal and adult sheep. Reprod Fertil Dev 8: 1029–1037. , , , , .
- 2007. Generation of germline-competent induced pluripotent stem cells. Nature 448: 313–317. , , .
- 1998. UTF1, a novel transcriptional coactivator expressed in pluripotent embryonic stem cells and extra-embryonic cells. Embo J 17: 2019–2032. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1983. Intermediate filament protein synthesis in preimplantation murine embryos. Dev Biol 99: 447–455. , , , , .
- 1994. Oct-4 transcription factor is differentially expressed in the mouse embryo during establishment of the first two extraembryonic cell lineages involved in implantation. Dev Biol 166: 259–267. , , , .
- 1988. Capacitation of bovine sperm by heparin. Biol Reprod 38: 1171–1180. , , , .
- 1991. Addition of taurine or hypotaurine to culture medium improves development of one- and two-cell pig embryos in vitro. Theriogenology 35: 253. , .
- 2005. Genetic regulation of stem cell origins in the mouse embryo. Clin Genet 68: 106–112. , .
- 2005. Cdx2 is required for correct cell fate specification and differentiation of trophectoderm in the mouse blastocyst. Development 132: 2093–2102. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors. Cell 126: 663–676. , .
- 1998. Promotion of trophoblast stem cell proliferation by FGF4. Science 282: 2072–2075. , , , , .
- 1998. Embryonic stem cell lines derived from human blastocysts. Science 282: 1145–1147. , , , , , , .
- 2007. UTF1 is a chromatin-associated protein involved in ES cell differentiation. J Cell Biol 178: 913–924. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Molecular cloning, genetic mapping, and developmental expression of bovine POU5F1. Biol Reprod 60: 1093–1103. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Assessment of mammalian embryo quality: what can we learn from embryo morphology? Reprod Biomed Online 7: 664–670. , , , .
- 2007. In vitro reprogramming of fibroblasts into a pluripotent ES-cell-like state. Nature 448: 318–324. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Developmental-specific activity of the FGF-4 enhancer requires the synergistic action of Sox2 and Oct-3. Genes Dev 9: 2635–2645. , , , .