Influence of Hormones and Hormone Metabolites on the Growth of Schwann Cells Derived From Embryonic Stem Cells and on Tumor Cell Lines Expressing Variable Levels of Neurofibromin
Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 237, Issue 4, page spc1, April 2008
How to Cite
Roth, T. M., Ramamurthy, P., Muir, D., Wallace, M. R., Zhu, Y., Chang, L. and Barald, K. F. (2008), Influence of Hormones and Hormone Metabolites on the Growth of Schwann Cells Derived From Embryonic Stem Cells and on Tumor Cell Lines Expressing Variable Levels of Neurofibromin. Dev. Dyn., 237: spc1. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21537
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 DEC 2007
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 2004016780
- NIH. Grant Number: RO1 NS17262
- AMRMC. Grant Number: NF990027
- DAMD. Grant Numbers: 17-01-10707, 17-03-1-0224
- Cited By
A benign human plexiform neurofibroma cell. Note the extensive tubulin networks (red), which become disrupted after addition of 2ME2, an estrogen metabolite implicated in tumor toxicity. The green staining represents S100 staining, indicating the Schwann Cell origin of the tumor cells. Blue is DAPI nuclear staining. See Roth et al., Developmental Dynamics 237:513–524, 2008. © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.