Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression and function of BMP3 during chick limb development
Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 237, Issue 6, pages 1691–1698, June 2008
How to Cite
Gamer, L. W., Ho, V., Cox, K. and Rosen, V. (2008), Expression and function of BMP3 during chick limb development. Dev. Dyn., 237: 1691–1698. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21561
- Issue online: 22 MAY 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAR 2008
- 2007. BMP-3 and BMP-6 structures illuminate the nature of binding specificity with receptors. Biochem 46: 12238–12247. , , , , .
- 2001. BMP3: to be or not to be a BMP. J Bone Joint Surg Am 83(suppl 1): S56–S62. , .
- 2002. Extracellular regulation of BMP signaling in vertebrates: a cocktail of modulators. Dev Biol 250: 231–250. , .
- 1998. Noggin, cartilage morphogenesis, and joint formation in the mammalian skeleton. Science 280: 1455–1457. , , , .
- 2003. Bone morphogenetic proteins, their antagonists, and the skeleton. Endocr Rev 24: 218–235. , , .
- 2001. Bone morphogenetic protein-3 is a negative regulator of bone density. Nat Genet 27: 84–88. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Smad-dependent and Smad-independent pathways in TGF-β family signalling. Nature 425: 577–584. , .
- 2001. Regulation of endochondral cartilage growth in the developing avian limb: cooperative involvement of perichondrium and periosteum. Dev Biol 240: 433–442. , , .
- 1996. Overexpression of BMP-2 and BMP-4 alters the size and shape of developing skeletal elements in the chick limb. Mech Dev 57: 145–157. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Gdf11 is a negative regulator of chondrogenesis and myogenesis in the developing chick limb. Dev Biol 229: 407–420. , , , .
- 2005. BMP-3 is a novel inhibitor of both activin and BMP-4 signaling in Xenopus embryos. Dev Biol 285: 156–168. , , , .
- 2006. BMP3 regulates osteoblast differentiation and maturation in the postnatal skeleton. J Bone Miner Res 211(suppl 1): S33. , , , .
- 2006. Expression pattern of BMPs during chick limb development. Anat Embryol (Berl) 211(suppl 1): 87–93. , , , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 2004. Bone morphogenetic protein-3 family members and their biological functions. Front Biosci 9: 1520–1529. , , , , .
- 1996. PTH/PTHrP receptor in early development and Indian hedgehog-regulated bone growth. Science 273: 663–666. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Targeted gene misexpression in chick limb buds using replication-competent retroviruses. Methods 14: 407–420. , .
- 1998. Regulation of growth region cartilage proliferation and differentiation by perichondrium. Development 125: 1067–1073. , .
- 1999. Control of digit formation by activin signalling. Development 126: 2161–2170. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. In situ hybridization analysis of chick embryos in whole mount and tissue sections. Methods Cell Biol 51: 219–235. , , .
- 1986. The developmentally regulated type X collagen gene contains a long open reading frame without introns. J Biol Chem 261: 5041–5050. , , , , , .
- 1993. Expression patterns of activin receptor IIA and IIB genes during chick limb development. Prog Clin Biol Res 383: 705–714. , , , , , .
- 1999. Interaction of Ihh and BMP/Noggin signaling during cartilage differentiation. Dev Biol 209: 239–253. , , , .
- 2000. BMPs are required at two steps of limb chondrogenesis: formation of prechondrogenic condensations and their differentiation into chondrocytes. Dev Biol 219: 237–249. , .
- 2006. BMP signaling in the cartilage growth plate. Curr Top Dev Biol 76: 1–48. , .
- 1993. Sonic hedgehog mediates the polarizing activity of the ZPA. Cell 75: 1401–1416. , , , .
- 2006. BMP3 is a mediator of age dependent bone loss in postnatal mice through its action on osteoblast differentiation. J Bone Miner Res 21 S1: S77. , , , , .
- 1996. Regulation of rate of cartilage differentiation by Indian hedgehog and PTH-related protein. Science 273: 613–622. , , , , , .
- 1997. Distinct roles of type I bone morphogenetic protein receptors in the formation and differentiation of cartilage. Genes Dev 11: 2191–2203. , , , .