This paper is dedicated by J.B.L.B. to the memory of Elizabeth Dexter Hay, a pioneer in the study of developmental mechanisms, a fine teacher and mentor, and a good friend.
Special Issue Research Article
Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on the Extracellular Matrix, in Memory of Dr. Elizabeth D. Hay
Volume 237, Issue 10, pages 2748–2754, October 2008
How to Cite
Bard, J. B.L., Lam, M. S. and Aitken, S. (2008), A bioinformatics approach for identifying candidate transcriptional regulators of mesenchyme-to-epithelium transitions in mouse embryos. Dev. Dyn., 237: 2748–2754. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21652
A preliminary summary of part of this paper appeared in Bard (2007).
- Issue online: 24 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUN 2008
- Leverhulme Trust
- BBSRC. Grant Number: BB/FO15976/1
- 2004. FatiGO: a web tool for finding significant associations of Gene Ontology terms with groups of genes. Bioinformatics 20: 578–580. , , .
- 2007. Transcriptome analysis of endothelial cell gene expression induced by growth on matrigel matrices: identification and characterization of MAGP-2 and lumican as novel regulators of angiogenesis. Angiogenesis 10: 197–216. , , , .
- 2007. Systems developmental biology: the use of ontologies in annotating models and in identifying gene function within and across species. Mamm Genome 18: 402–411. .
- 2007. Cited1 and Cited2 are differentially expressed in the developing kidney but are not required for nephrogenesis. Dev Dyn 236: 2321–2330 , , , .
- 1996, Mesenchyme to epithelial transition during development of the mammalian kidney tubule. Acta Anat Basel 156: 187–201.
- 2007. Electronically subtracting expression patterns from a mixed cell population. Bioinformatics 23: 3328–3334. , , .
- 2001. Identification of ephrin-A3 and novel genes specific to the midbrain-MHB in embryonic zebrafish by ordered differential display. Mech Dev 107: 83–96. , , , , .
- 2006. CITED1 homozygous null mice display aberrant pubertal mammary ductal morphogenesis. Oncogene 25: 1532–1542. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Identification of novel tumour-associated genes differentially expressed in the process of squamous cell cancer development. Oncogene 25: 111–121. , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. The anatomical basis of mouse development. San Diego: Academic Press. 291p. , .
- 2005. Distinct and sequential tissue-specific activities of the LIM-class homeobox gene Lim1 for tubular morphogenesis during kidney development. Development 132: 2809–2823. , , , , ,
- 2000. Murine forkhead/winged helix genes Foxc1 Mf1 and Foxc2 Mfh1 are required for the early organogenesis of the kidney and urinary tract. Development 127: 1387–1395. , , .
- 2003. The concerted action of Meox homeobox genes is required upstream of genetic pathways essential for the formation, patterning and differentiation of somites. Development 130: 4655–4664. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Microarray analysis: basic strategies for successful experiments. Mol Biotechnol 36: 205–219. .
- 2002. Dynamic regulation of Smad expression during mesenchyme to epithelium transition in the metanephric kidney. Mech Dev 112: 207–211. , .
- 2005. Cited1 is a bifunctional transcriptional cofactor that regulates early nephronic patterning. J Am Soc Nephrol 16: 1632–1644. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Reaping the Benefits of SAGE. Methods Mol Biol 406: 365–386. , , , , .
- 2006. The mouse Gene Expression Database (GXD): 2007 update. Nucleic Acid Res 35: D618–D623. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition during somitic segmentation: a novel approach to studying the roles of Rho family GTPases in morphogenesis. CellsTissues Organs 179: 36–42. , , , .
- 2004. Determination of downstream targets of FGF signalling using gene trap and cDNA subtractive approaches. Exp Cell Res 292: 101–114. , , , , .
- 2004. Expression profiling and identification of novel genes involved in myogenic differentiation. FASEB J 18: 403–405. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. The winged helix transcription factor Foxc1a is essential for somitogenesis in zebrafish. Genes Dev 15: 2483–2493. , , , , , .
- 2001. Function of vitamin A in vertebrate embryonic development. J Nutr 131: 705–708. .