Drs. Masuho and Mototani contributed equally to this work.
Dynamic expression patterns of G protein-regulated inducer of neurite outgrowth 1 (GRIN1) and its colocalization with Gαo implicate significant roles of Gαo-GRIN1 signaling in nervous system
Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 237, Issue 9, pages 2415–2429, September 2008
How to Cite
Masuho, I., Mototani, Y., Sahara, Y., Asami, J., Nakamura, S., Kozasa, T. and Inoue, T. (2008), Dynamic expression patterns of G protein-regulated inducer of neurite outgrowth 1 (GRIN1) and its colocalization with Gαo implicate significant roles of Gαo-GRIN1 signaling in nervous system. Dev. Dyn., 237: 2415–2429. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21686
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2008
- Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JUN 2008
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: GM61454, NS4144
- National Institute of Biomedical Innovation. Grant Number: 05-32
- 2005. Adult neurogenesis: from precursors to network and physiology. Physiol Rev 85: 523–569. , , .
- 1995. Atlas of prenatal rat brain development. Boca Raton: CRC Press. 660 p. , .
- 1997. Interneuron migration from basal forebrain to neocortex: dependence on Dlx genes. Science 278: 474–476. , , , .
- 1987. Highly sensitive immunoassay for the alpha subunit of the GTP-binding protein Go and its regional distribution in bovine brain. J Neurochem 48: 1617–1623. , , , .
- 2004. Development of the telencephalon: neural stem cells, neurogenesis, neuronal migration. In: PaxinosG, editor. The rat nervous system. San Diego: Academic Press. p 27–73. , .
- 2002. The chemokine SDF1 regulates migration of dentate granule cells. Development 129: 4249–4260. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Serotonin modulates the response of embryonic thalamocortical axons to netrin-1. Nat Neurosci 10: 588–597. , , , , .
- 1987. Localization of mRNAs encoding the alpha-subunits of signal-transducing G-proteins within rat brain and among peripheral tissues. FEBS Lett 222: 191–198. , , .
- 2003. A Chemokine, SDF-1, reduces the effectiveness of multiple axonal repellents and is required for normal axon pathfinding. J Neurosci 23: 1360–1371. , , , , .
- 1999. A candidate target for G protein action in brain. J Biol Chem 274: 26931–26938. , , .
- 1992. Exogenous retinoic acid rapidly induces anterior ectopic expression of murine Hox-2 genes in vivo. Development 116: 357–368. , .
- 1991. Morphoregulatory activities of NCAM and N-cadherin can be accounted for by G protein-dependent activation of L- and N-type neuronal Ca2+ channels. Cell 67: 21–33. , , , .
- 1993. Initial tract formation in the mouse brain. J Neurosci 13: 285–299. , , .
- 2004. Gene expression analysis of the late embryonic mouse cerebral cortex using DNA microarray: identification of several region- and layer-specific genes. Cereb Cortex 14: 1031–1044. , , .
- 2000. Neurite outgrowth induced by cyclic AMP can be modulated by the alpha subunit of Go. J Neurochem 74: 151–158. , , , .
- 1992. G proteins. Trends Biochem Sci 17: 383–387. , .
- 1985. Physical and immunological characterization of a guanine nucleotide-binding protein purified from bovine cerebral cortex. J Biol Chem 260: 10864–10871. , , .
- 2004. Identification and biochemical analysis of GRIN1 and GRIN2. Methods Enzymol 390: 475–483. , .
- 1997. Cadherin-6 expression transiently delineates specific rhombomeres, other neural tube subdivisions, and neural crest subpopulations in mouse embryos. Dev Biol 183: 183–94. , , , .
- 1998. Cadherin-6 in the developing mouse brain: expression along restricted connection systems and synaptic localization suggest a potential role in neuronal circuitry. Dev Dyn 211: 338–351. , , , .
- 2005. Cannabinoid receptor-induced neurite outgrowth is mediated by Rap1 activation through G(alpha)o/i-triggered proteasomal degradation of Rap1GAPII. J Biol Chem 280: 11413–11421. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. The atlas of mouse development. San Diego: Academic Press. 512 p. .
- 1996. Protein kinase C phosphorylates G12α and inhibits its interaction with G beta gamma. J Biol Chem 271: 12562–12567. , .
- 2003. Blockade of GABA(B) receptors alters the tangential migration of cortical neurons. Cereb Cortex 13: 932–942. , , , , , .
- 1999. Serotonin receptor activation enhances neurite outgrowth of thalamic neurones in rodents. Neurosci Lett 269: 87–90. , , , .
- 1996. Initial organization of neurons and tracts in the embryonic mouse fore- and midbrain. Dev Biol 173: 79–94. ,
- 1999. High expression of the γ5 isoform of G protein in neuroepithelial cells and its replacement of the γ2 isoform during neuronal differentiation in the rat brain. J Neurochem 73: 2369–2374. , , , , .
- 2005. Functional characterization of Gαo signaling through G protein-regulated inducer of neurite outgrowth 1. Mol Pharmacol 67: 695–702. , .
- 1995. Heterotrimeric G proteins: organizers of transmembrane signals. Cell 80: 249–257. .
- 1972. Temporal pattern of neurogenesis in spinal cord: cytoarchitecture and directed growth of axons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 69: 1962–1966. , .
- 2001. The mouse brain in stereotaxic coordinates. San Diego: Academic Press. 296 p. , .
- 2006. Neurogenesis in the adult rat piriform cortex. Neuroreport 17: 571–574. , , .
- 1996. Dopamine receptors mediate differential morphological effects on cerebral cortical neurons in vitro. J Neurosci Res 43: 439–453. , , .
- 1994. Go, a guanine nucleotide binding protein, is expressed during neurite extension in the embryonic mouse. J Neurosci Res 38: 182–187. , , , , .
- 1990. Alternative splicing produces transcripts encoding two forms of the alpha subunit of GTP-binding protein Go. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87: 6477–6481. , , .
- 1990. Go is a major growth cone protein subject to regulation by GAP43. Nature 344: 836–841. , , , , .
- 1994. Activated mutants of the alpha subunit of G(o) promote an increased number of neurites per cell. J Neurosci 14: 2327–2338. , , .
- 2003. CXCR4 regulates interneuron migration in the developing neocortex. J Neurosci 23: 5123–5130. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Math1 expression redefines the rhombic lip derivatives and reveals novel lineages within the brainstem and cerebellum. Neuron 48: 31–43. , , .
- 2005. Mammalian G proteins and their cell type specific functions. Physiol Rev 85: 1159–1204. , .
- 1986. Go, a guanine nucleotide-binding protein: immunohistochemical localization in rat brain resembles distribution of second messenger systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83: 4561–4565. , , , , .
- 2002. Nerve growth cone guidance mediated by G protein-coupled receptors. Nat Neurosci 5: 843–848. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Role of the chemokine SDF-1 as the meningeal attractant for embryonic cerebellar neurons. Nat Neurosci 5: 719–720. , , , , , .