Dynamic GATA6 expression in primitive endoderm formation and maturation in early mouse embryogenesis
Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on the Extracellular Matrix, in Memory of Dr. Elizabeth D. Hay
Volume 237, Issue 10, pages 2820–2829, October 2008
How to Cite
Cai, K. Q., Capo-Chichi, C. D., Rula, M. E., Yang, D.-H. and Xu, X.-X. (2008), Dynamic GATA6 expression in primitive endoderm formation and maturation in early mouse embryogenesis. Dev. Dyn., 237: 2820–2829. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21703
- Issue online: 24 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 JUN 2008
- NIH. Grant Numbers: R01 CA095071, R01 CA79716, R01 CA75389
- 1993. Mouse GATA-4: a retinoic acid-inducible GATA-binding transcription factor expressed in endodermally derived tissues and heart. Mol Cell Biol 13: 2235–2246. , , , , .
- 1999. Axis development and early asymmetry in mammals. Cell 96: 195–209. , .
- 1997. Induction of yolk sac endoderm in GATA-4-deficient embryoid bodies by retinoic acid. Mech Dev 65: 43–54. , .
- 2005. Perception of differentiation cues by GATA factors in primitive endoderm lineage determination of mouse embryonic stem cells. Dev Biol 286: 574–586. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Early lineage segregation between epiblast and primitive endoderm in mouse blastocysts through the Grb2-MAPK pathway. Dev Cell 10: 615–624. , , , .
- 1979. Cell differentiation in isolated inner cell masses of mouse blastocysts in vitro: onset of specific gene expression. J Embryol Exp Morphol 53: 367–379. .
- 2002. Differentiation of embryonic stem cells is induced by GATA factors. Genes Dev 16: 784–789. , , , , , , , .
- 1982. Investigation of cell lineage and differentiation in the extraembryonic endoderm of the mouse embryo. J Embryol Exp Morphol 68: 175–198. .
- 1983. Origin and differentiation of extraembryonic tissues in the mouse. Int Rev Exp Pathol 24: 63–133. .
- 1989. Cell allocation and lineage in the early mouse embryo. Ciba Found Symp 144: 172–181; discussion 181–186, 208–211. .
- 1999. The transcription factor GATA6 is essential for early extraembryonic development. Development 126: 723–732. (Corrected and republished in: Development 126: 723–732. , , , , .
- 1997. GATA4 transcription factor is required for ventral morphogenesis and heart tube formation. Genes Dev 11: 1048–1060. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. From fertilization to gastrulation: axis formation in the mouse embryo. Curr Opin Genet Dev 11: 384–392. , , .
- 1997. Requirement of the transcription factor GATA4 for heart tube formation and ventral morphogenesis. Genes Dev 11: 1061–1072. , , , .
- 1996. GATA-6: a zinc finger transcription factor that is expressed in multiple cell lineages derived from lateral mesoderm. Dev Biol 177: 309–322. , , , .
- 1998. GATA6 regulates HNF4 and is required for differentiation of visceral endoderm in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev 12: 3579–3590. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Wild-type endoderm abrogates the ventral developmental defects associated with GATA-4 deficiency in the mouse. Dev Biol 189: 270–274. , , .
- 2007. Gene expression pattern and progression of embryogenesis in the immediate post-implantation period of mouse development. Gene Expr Patterns 7: 558–573. , , .
- 2004. Lineage development and polar asymmetries in the peri-implantation mouse blastocyst. Semin Cell Dev Biol 15: 573–581. .
- 2004. Emerging asymmetry and embryonic patterning in early mouse development. Dev Cell 7: 155–164. , .
- 2003. Lineage allocation and asymmetries in the early mouse embryo. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 358: 1341–8134; discussion 1349. , , .
- 2007. Cell autonomous sorting and surface positioning in the formation of primitive endoderm in embryoid bodies. Genesis 45: 327–338. , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Targeted mutagenesis of the transcription factor GATA-4 gene in mouse embryonic stem cells disrupts visceral endoderm differentiation in vitro. Development 121: 3877–3888. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Gene function in mouse embryogenesis: get set for gastrulation. Nat Rev Genet 8: 368–381. , .
- 2004. GATA4 is essential for formation of the proepicardium and regulates cardiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101: 12573–12578. , , , .
- 2002. Disabled-2 is essential for endodermal cell positioning and structure formation during mouse embryogenesis. Dev Biol 251: 27–44. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Disabled-2 is an epithelial surface positioning gene. J Biol Chem 282: 13114–13122. , , , , .