Expression of AP-2δ in the developing chick retina
Article first published online: 15 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 237, Issue 11, pages 3210–3221, November 2008
How to Cite
Li, X., Glubrecht, D. D., Mita, R. and Godbout, R. (2008), Expression of AP-2δ in the developing chick retina. Dev. Dyn., 237: 3210–3221. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21744
- Issue published online: 21 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 15 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 AUG 2008
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Grant Number: 69069
- Postdoctoral fellowship from the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research
- CIHR Strategic Training Program in Translational Cancer Research
- 2002. Transcription factor AP-2gamma is essential in the extra-embryonic lineages for early postimplantation development. Development 129: 2733–2747. , , , , , .
- 2007. Conditional deletion of activating protein 2alpha (AP-2alpha) in the developing retina demonstrates non-cell-autonomous roles for AP-2alpha in optic cup development. Mol Cell Biol 27: 7497–7510. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Differential expression of AP-2alpha and AP-2beta in the developing chick retina: repression of R-FABP promoter activity by AP-2. Dev Dyn 214: 195–206. , .
- 1997. Involvement of AP-2 in regulation of the R-FABP gene in the developing chick retina. Mol Cell Biol 17: 5935–5945. , , .
- 1996. A family of AP-2 proteins regulates c-erbB-2 expression in mammary carcinoma. Oncogene 13: 1701–1707. , , , , .
- 1996. AP-2.2, a novel gene related to AP-2, is expressed in the forebrain, limbs and face during mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev 54: 83–94. , , , , , .
- 2000. Expression of Chx10 and Chx10–1 in the developing chicken retina. Mech Dev 90: 293–297. , .
- 2002. Cloning and characterization of a novel human transcription factor AP-2 beta like gene (TFAP2BL1). Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34: 78–86. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Developmental neuronal death is not a universal phenomenon among cell types in the chick embryo retina. J Comp Neurol 396: 12–19. , , .
- 1975. Functional properties of ganglion cells of the rhesus monkey retina. J Physiol 251: 167–195. , .
- 1983. Self-renewal of stem cells and differentiation of nerve cells in the developing chick retina. Brain Res 312: 21–32. , , .
- 2003. Cloning and characterization of the mouse AP-2 epsilon gene: a novel family member expressed in the developing olfactory bulb. Mol Cell Neurosci 24: 460–475. , .
- 1999. POU domain factor Brn-3b is essential for retinal ganglion cell differentiation and survival but not for initial cell fate specification. Dev Biol 210: 469–480. , , , .
- 2000. Identification of amino acid residues of transcription factor AP-2 involved in DNA binding. J Mol Biol 301: 807–816. , , , , .
- 2000. Regulatory roles of AP-2 transcription factors in vertebrate development, apoptosis and cell-cycle control. Gene 260: 1–12. , , , .
- 2000. All Brn3 genes can promote retinal ganglion cell differentiation in the chick. Development 127: 3237–3247. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Cloning and characterization of a second AP-2 transcription factor: AP-2 beta. Development 121: 2779–2788. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Enhanced apoptotic cell death of renal epithelial cells in mice lacking transcription factor AP-2beta. Genes Dev 11: 1938–1948. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Functional equivalence of Brn3 POU-domain transcription factors in mouse retinal neurogenesis. Development 132: 703–712. , , , .
- 1991. Spatial and temporal patterns of neurogenesis in the chick retina. Eur J Neurosci 3: 559–569. , , , , .
- 2005. Brn3a-expressing retinal ganglion cells project specifically to thalamocortical and collicular visual pathways. J Neurosci 25: 11595–11604. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1983. Retinal ganglion cells: properties, types, genera, pathways and trans-species comparisons. Brain Behav Evol 23: 121–164. , .
- 1996. Transcription factor AP-2 essential for cranial closure and craniofacial development. Nature 381: 235–238. , , , , .
- 1997. Chicken transcription factor AP-2: cloning, expression and its role in outgrowth of facial prominences and limb buds. Dev Biol 188: 248–266. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Transcription factor Ap2delta associates with Ash2l and ALR, a trithorax family histone methyltransferase, to activate Hoxc8 transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105: 7472–7477. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Molecular cloning and characterization of AP-2 epsilon, a fifth member of the AP-2 family. Gene 321: 93–102. , , , .
- 1986. Developmental regulation of glutamine synthetase and carbonic anhydrase II in neural retina. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83: 9060–9064. , , .
- 2002. Brn3b/Brn3c double knockout mice reveal an unsuspected role for Brn3c in retinal ganglion cell axon outgrowth. Development 129: 467–477. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Characterization of the activation domains of AP-2 family transcription factors. J Biol Chem 275: 29701–29708. , , , , .
- 1991. Functional architecture of the mammalian retina. Physiol Rev 71: 447–480. , .
- 2002. Transcription factor gene AP-2 gamma essential for early murine development. Mol Cell Biol 22: 3149–3156. , .
- 1999. AP-2alpha transcription factor is required for early morphogenesis of the lens vesicle. Dev Biol 206: 46–62. , , , , , , .
- 1991a. Analysis of the DNA-binding and activation properties of the human transcription factor AP-2. Genes Dev 5: 670–682. , .
- 1991b. Characterization of a dimerization motif in AP-2 and its function in heterologous DNA-binding proteins. Science 251: 1067–1071. , .
- 1988. Cloning and expression of AP-2, a cell-type-specific transcription factor that activates inducible enhancer elements. Genes Dev 2: 1557–1569. , , , .
- 2004. The optic chiasm as a midline choice point. Curr Opin Neurobiol 14: 51–60. , , .
- 1996. Chromosomal mapping of the human and mouse homologues of two new members of the AP-2 family of transcription factors. Genomics 35: 262–264. , , , , , .
- 2002. Expression of spermidine/spermine N(1)-acetyltransferase in the Muller glial cells of the developing chick retina. Exp Eye Res 74: 605–613. , .
- 1995. The Brn-3 family of POU-domain factors: primary structure, binding specificity, and expression in subsets of retinal ganglion cells and somatosensory neurons. J Neurosci 15: 4762–4785. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Neural tube, skeletal and body wall defects in mice lacking transcription factor AP-2. Nature 381: 238–241. , , , , , , , .
- 2001a. Cloning and characterization of a novel mouse AP-2 transcription factor, AP-2delta, with unique DNA binding and transactivation properties. J Biol Chem 276: 40755–40760. , , , , .
- 2001b. Novel TFAP2B mutations that cause Char syndrome provide a genotype-phenotype correlation. Am J Hum Genet 69: 695–703. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Expression of Tfap2d, the gene encoding the transcription factor Ap-2 delta, during mouse embryogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns 3: 213–217. , , .