End-on imaging: A new perspective on dorsoventral development in Drosophila embryos
Article first published online: 14 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 237, Issue 11, pages 3252–3259, November 2008
How to Cite
Witzberger, M. M., Fitzpatrick, J. A.J., Crowley, J. C. and Minden, J. S. (2008), End-on imaging: A new perspective on dorsoventral development in Drosophila embryos. Dev. Dyn., 237: 3252–3259. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21752
- Issue published online: 21 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 14 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 AUG 2008
- NIH. Grant Number: S10-RR024716
- Gordon Moore Foundation
- Pittsburgh Technology Center for Networks and Pathways. Grant Number: 5U54-RR022241
- 1985. The embryonic development of Drosophila melanogaster. New York: Springer-Verlag. 227 p. , .
- 2005. folded gastrulation, cell shape change and the control of myosin localization. Development 132: 4165–4178. , , , , , .
- 2007. Abelson kinase (Abl) and RhoGEF2 regulate actin organization during cell constriction in Drosophila. Development 134: 567–578. , .
- 2004. Drosophila ventral furrow morphogenesis: a proteomic analysis. Development 131: 643–656. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Regulated expression of nullo is required for the formation of distinct apical and basal adherens junctions in the Drosophila blastoderm. J Cell Biol 150: 391–401. , .
- 1991. Drosophila gastrulation: analysis of cell shape changes in living embryos by three-dimensional fluorescence microscopy. Development 112: 365–370. , , , , .
- 1990. Cell shape changes during gastrulation in Drosophila. Development 110: 73–84. , .
- 2005. Dorsoventral axis formation in the Drosophila embryo—shaping and transducing a morphogen gradient. Curr Biol 15: R887–R899. , .
- 2004. A Rho GTPase signaling pathway is used reiteratively in epithelial folding and potentially selects the outcome of Rho activation. Curr Biol 14: 1822–1826. , .
- 2001. Real-time imaging of cell-cell adherens junctions reveals that Drosophila mesoderm invagination begins with two phases of apical constriction of cells. J Cell Sci 114: 493–501. , .
- 2005. DRhoGEF2 regulates actin organization and contractility in the Drosophila blastoderm embryo. J Cell Biol 168: 575–585. , , .
- 1976. Cytoplasmic continuity between embryonic cells and the primitive yolk sac during early gastrulation in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol 49: 304–310. .
- 2004. Reassessing the role and dynamics of nonmuscle myosin II during furrow formation in early Drosophila embryos. Mol Biol Cell 15: 838–850. , , , , .
- 1991. Gastrulation in Drosophila: the formation of the ventral furrow and posterior midgut invaginations. Development 112: 775–789. , , , .
- 1988. Sequence of the twist gene and nuclear localization of its protein in endomesodermal cells of early Drosophila embryos. EMBO J 7: 2175–2183. , , , .
- 1991. Dynamic changes in the distribution of cytoplasmic myosin during Drosophila embryogenesis. Development 111: 1–14. , , .