Patterns & Phenotypes
Samba, a Xenopus hnRNP expressed in neural and neural crest tissues
Version of Record online: 18 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 238, Issue 1, pages 204–209, January 2009
How to Cite
Yan, C. Y. I., Skourides, P., Chang, C. and Brivanlou, A. (2009), Samba, a Xenopus hnRNP expressed in neural and neural crest tissues. Dev. Dyn., 238: 204–209. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21826
- Issue online: 18 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 18 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 OCT 2008
- 2005. Vertebrate 2xRBD hnRNP proteins: a comparative analysis of genome, mRNA and protein sequences. Comput Biol Chem 29: 13–23. , , .
- 1998. Purification and characterization of a protein binding to the SP6 kappa promoter. A potential role for CArG-box binding factor-A in kappa transcription. J Biol Chem 273: 18881–18890. , , , .
- 2000. An assay system to study migratory behavior of cranial neural crest cells in Xenopus. Dev Genes Evol 210: 217–222. , , .
- 1994. Conserved structures and diversity of functions of RNA-binding proteins. Science 265: 615–621. , .
- 2005. Evidence for common machinery utilized by the early and late RNA localization pathways in Xenopus oocytes. Dev Biol 278: 103–117. , , , , .
- 2005. Identification of 40LoVe, a Xenopus hnRNP D family protein involved in localizing a TGF-b-related mRNA during oogenesis. Dev Cell 8: 505–515. , , , , , .
- 2004. RNA and RNA binding proteins participate in early stages of cell spreading through spreading initiation centers. Cell 117: 649–662. , , .
- 2002. A role for the RNA-binding protein, hermes, in the regulation of heart development. Dev Biol 247: 116–126. , , , .
- 2002. A predominantly nuclear protein affecting cytoplasmic localization of beta-actin mRNA in fibroblasts and neurons. J Cell Biol 156: 41–51. , , , , .
- 1991. In situ hybridization: an improved whole-mount method for Xenopus embryos. Methods Cell Biol 36: 685–695. .
- 1998. RNA-binding protein conserved in both microtubule- and microfilament-based RNA localization. Genes Dev 12: 1593–1598. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Accelerated gene evolution and subfunctionalization in the pseudotetraploid frog Xenopus laevis. BMC Biol 5: 31. , , , , , .
- 2002. Genetic and genomic tools for Xenopus research: the NIH Xenopus initiative. Dev Dyn 225: 384–391. , , , , , .
- 2006. Asymmetrical beta-actin mRNA translation in growth cones mediates attractive turning to netrin-1. Nat Neurosci 9: 1247–1256. , , , , , .
- 1988. Phenylalanines that are conserved among several RNA-binding proteins form part of a nucleic acid-binding pocket in the A1 heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein. J Biol Chem 263: 3307–3313. , , , , .
- 2005. Axes formation and RNA localization. Curr Opin Genet Dev 15: 416–421. , .
- 2004. YY1 regulates the neural crest-associated slug gene in Xenopus laevis. J Biol Chem 279: 46826–46834. , , , , .
- 2003. Real-time visualization of ZBP1 association with beta-actin mRNA during transcription and localization. Curr Biol 13: 199–207. , .
- 1995. Rapid characterization of growth-arrest genes in transient transfection assays. Biotechniques 18: 434–436. , , .
- 1995. A nuclear localization domain in the hnRNP A1 protein. J Cell Biol 129: 551–560. , .
- 1994. Mesodermal patterning by an inducer gradient depends on secondary cell-cell communication. Curr Biol 4: 676–686. , .
- 2003. The RNA-binding protein Vg1 RBP is required for cell migration during early neural development. Development 130: 5649–5661. , , .
- 1997. Remarkable sequence conservation of transcripts encoding amphibian and mammalian homologous of quaking, a KH domain RNA-binding protein. Gene 188: 199–206. , , , , , , .