Patterns & Phenotypes
Sdmg1 is a component of secretory granules in mouse secretory exocrine tissues
Article first published online: 18 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 238, Issue 1, pages 223–231, January 2009
How to Cite
Best, D. and Adams, I. R. (2009), Sdmg1 is a component of secretory granules in mouse secretory exocrine tissues. Dev. Dyn., 238: 223–231. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21827
- Issue published online: 18 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 18 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 NOV 2008
- Medical Research Council
- 2007. Key stages in mammary gland development. Secretory activation in the mammary gland: it's not just about milk protein synthesis! Breast Cancer Res 9: 204. , , , .
- 2004. Recycling endosomes can serve as intermediates during transport from the Golgi to the plasma membrane of MDCK cells. J Cell Biol 167: 531–543. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. The R-SNARE endobrevin/VAMP-8 mediates homotypic fusion of early endosomes and late endosomes. Mol Biol Cell 11: 3289–3298. , , , , .
- 1998. Sorting and storage during secretory granule biogenesis: looking backward and looking forward. Biochem J 332: 593–610. , .
- 2008. Sdmg1 is a conserved transmembrane protein associated with germ cell sex determination and germline-soma interactions in mice. Development 135: 1415–1425. , , , , .
- 2006. Comparative proteomics of clathrin-coated vesicles. J Cell Biol 175: 571–578. , , , , .
- 2003. Secretory granule exocytosis. Physiol Rev 83: 581–632. , .
- 2003. Dominant negative Rab3D mutants reduce GTP-bound endogenous Rab3D in pancreatic Acini. J Biol Chem 278: 50053–50060. , , .
- 2001. SNARE-mediated membrane fusion. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2: 98–106. , .
- 1998. Molecular aspects of the endocytic pathway. Biochem J 336: 271–282. .
- 1999. Stem cell factor is localized in, released from and cleaved by human mast cells. J Immunol 163: 2799–2808. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. The vesicle-associated membrane protein family of proteins in rat pancreatic and parotid acinar cells. Gastroenterology 111: 1661–1669. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Minireview: transcriptional regulation in pancreatic development. Endocrinology 146: 1025–1034. , , .
- 1999. Identification of SNAREs involved in regulated exocytosis in the pancreatic acinar cell. J Biol Chem 274: 22871–22876. , , .
- 1988. Antibodies: a laboratory manual. New York: Cold Spring Harbour Laboratory Press. , .
- 2006. SNAREs - engines for membrane fusion. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7: 631–643. , .
- 2001. SNAREs are concentrated in cholesterol-dependent clusters that define docking and fusion sites for exocytosis. EMBO J 20: 2203–2213. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Rab11 in recycling endosomes regulates the sorting and basolateral transport of E-cadherin. Mol Biol Cell 16: 1744–1755. , .
- 1998. Ultrastructural immunolocalization of basic fibroblast growth factor in mast cell secretory granules: morphological evidence for bFGF release through degranulation. J Histochem Cytochem 46: 1119–1128. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Mammary epithelial cells undergo secretory differentiation in cycling virgins but require pregnancy for the establishment of terminal differentiation. Development 121: 2079–2090. , , , .
- 1995. Developmental biology of the pancreas. Development 121: 1569–1580. .
- 2000. Distinct membrane domains on endosomes in the recycling pathway visualized by multicolor imaging of Rab4, Rab5, and Rab11. J Cell Biol 149: 901–914. , , , , .
- 2000. SNARE protein trafficking in polarized MDCK cells. Traffic 1: 553–560. , , , .
- 2002. Large-scale analysis of the human and mouse transcriptomes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99: 4465–4470. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Sex-specific expression of a novel gene Tmem184a during mouse testis differentiation. Reproduction 133: 983–989. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Zymogen granule exocytosis is characterized by long fusion pore openings and preservation of vesicle lipid identity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101: 6774–6779. , , .
- 1992. Proteins are secreted by both constitutive and regulated secretory pathways in lactating mouse mammary epithelial cells. J Cell Biol 117: 269–278. , , , , .
- 1980. Proteins synthesized and secreted during rat pancreatic development. J Cell Biol 86: 784–794. , , , .
- 1987. Protein sorting among two distinct export pathways occurs from the content of maturing exocrine storage granules. J Cell Biol 105: 2675–2684. , .
- 2004. A role of VAMP8/endobrevin in regulated exocytosis of pancreatic acinar cells. Dev Cell 7: 359–371. , , , , , , .
- 2007. VAMP8/endobrevin as a general vesicular SNARE for regulated exocytosis of the exocrine system. Mol Biol Cell 18: 1056–1063. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Pancreatic acinar cells express vesicle-associated membrane protein 2- and 8-specific populations of zymogen granules with distinct and overlapping roles in secretion. J Biol Chem 282: 9635–9645. , , .
- 1998. Endobrevin, a novel synaptobrevin/VAMP-like protein preferentially associated with the early endosome. Mol Biol Cell 9: 1549–1563. , , , , , .