Patterns & Phenotypes
Comparative expression analysis of the neurogenins in Xenopus tropicalis and Xenopus laevis
Article first published online: 22 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on FGF/RTK Signaling
Volume 238, Issue 2, pages 451–458, February 2009
How to Cite
Nieber, F., Pieler, T. and Henningfeld, K. A. (2009), Comparative expression analysis of the neurogenins in Xenopus tropicalis and Xenopus laevis. Dev. Dyn., 238: 451–458. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21845
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 22 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 NOV 2008
- 2001. cSox3 expression and neurogenesis in the epibranchial placodes. Dev Biol 237: 258–269. , , , , , .
- 2006. Combined ectopic expression of Pdx1 and Ptf1a/p48 results in the stable conversion of posterior endoderm into endocrine and exocrine pancreatic tissue. Genes Dev 20: 1441–1446. , , .
- 2002. Neurogenin1 defines zebrafish cranial sensory ganglia precursors. Dev Biol 251: 45–58. , , .
- 1996. X-MyT1, a Xenopus C2HC-type zinc finger protein with a regulatory function in neuronal differentiation. Cell 87: 1191–1202. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Proneural genes and the specification of neural cell types. Nat Rev Neurosci 3: 517–530. , , .
- 1998. Gli/Zic factors pattern the neural plate by defining domains of cell differentiation. Nature 393: 579–583. , , .
- 2000. Regional gene expression in the epithelia of the Xenopus tadpole gut. Mech Dev 96: 125–128. , , .
- 1995. Neural induction and neurogenesis in amphibian embryos. Perspect Dev Neurobiol 3: 3–15. , .
- 2002. Xiro homeoproteins coordinate cell cycle exit and primary neuron formation by upregulating neuronal-fate repressors and downregulating the cell-cycle inhibitor XGadd45-gamma. Mech Dev 119: 69–80. , , , .
- 1998. XCoe2, a transcription factor of the Col/Olf-1/EBF family involved in the specification of primary neurons in Xenopus. Curr Biol 8: 199–209. , , , , , .
- 1990. Mapping of the presumptive brain regions in the neural plate of Xenopus laevis. J Neurobiol 21: 427–440. , .
- 2000. Generation of neurons by transient expression of neural bHLH proteins in mammalian cells. Development 127: 693–702. , , , , , .
- 1998. The bHLH protein NEUROGENIN 2 is a determination factor for epibranchial placode-derived sensory neurons. Neuron 20: 483–494. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Vertebrate neurogenin evolution: long-term maintenance of redundant duplicates. Dev Genes Evol 215: 639–644. , .
- 2000. The homeodomain-containing gene Xdbx inhibits neuronal differentiation in the developing embryo. Development 127: 2945–2954. , , , .
- 2007. Spatial and temporal specification of neural fates by transcription factor codes. Development 134: 3771–3780. .
- 1991. In situ hybridization: an improved whole-mount method for Xenopus embryos. Methods Cell Biol 36: 685–695. .
- 1991. Cephalic expression and molecular characterization of Xenopus En-2. Development 111: 715–724. , , , .
- 2000. Xnkx-2.1: a homeobox gene expressed during early forebrain, lung and thyroid development in Xenopus laevis. Dev Genes Evol 210: 579–581. , .
- 2002. Neurogenin3 is differentially required for endocrine cell fate specification in the intestinal and gastric epithelium. Embo J 21: 6338–6347. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Proneural, prosensory, antiglial: the many faces of neurogenins. Trends Neurosci 25: 603–605. , .
- 1998. neurogenin1 is essential for the determination of neuronal precursors for proximal cranial sensory ganglia. Neuron 20: 469–482. , , , , .
- 1996. Identification of neurogenin, a vertebrate neuronal determination gene. Cell 87: 43–52. , , .
- 1991. Localization of a nervous system-specific class II beta-tubulin gene in Xenopus laevis embryos by whole-mount in situ hybridization. Int J Dev Biol 35: 399–405. , , .
- 1999. Early specification of sensory neuron fate revealed by expression and function of neurogenins in the chick embryo. Development 126: 1715–1728. , , .
- 2001. Xebf3 is a regulator of neuronal differentiation during primary neurogenesis in Xenopus. Dev Biol 233: 495–512. , , , , .
- 1997. Relax, a novel rat bHLH transcriptional regulator transiently expressed in the ventricular proliferating zone of the developing central nervous system. J Neurosci Res 48: 146–158. , , , .
- 2000. Early functional organization of spinal neurons in developing lower vertebrates. Brain Res Bull 53: 585–593. .
- 2006. Induction and specification of cranial placodes. Dev Biol 294: 303–351. .
- 1996. neurogenins, a novel family of atonal-related bHLH transcription factors, are putative mammalian neuronal determination genes that reveal progenitor cell heterogeneity in the developing CNS and PNS. Mol Cell Neurosci 8: 221–241. , , .
- 2002. XPak3 promotes cell cycle withdrawal during primary neurogenesis in Xenopus laevis. EMBO J 21: 6429–6439. , , .