Young Sun Jeong, Keon Bong Oh, and Jung Sun Park contributed equally to this article.
Cytoplasmic localization of oocyte-specific variant of porcine DNA methyltransferase-1 during early development
Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 238, Issue 7, pages 1666–1673, July 2009
How to Cite
Jeong, Y. S., Oh, K. B., Park, J. S., Kim, J.-S. and Kang, Y.-K. (2009), Cytoplasmic localization of oocyte-specific variant of porcine DNA methyltransferase-1 during early development. Dev. Dyn., 238: 1666–1673. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.21975
- Issue online: 10 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 APR 2009
- KRIBB. Grant Number: KGM2130911
- BioGreen 21 program (RDA)
- Technology Development Program for Agriculture and Forestry (MAFF)
- 1988. Cloning and sequencing of a cDNA encoding DNA methyltransferase of mouse cells. The carboxyl-terminal domain of the mammalian enzymes is related to bacterial restriction methyltransferases. J Mol Biol 203: 971–983. , , , .
- 2000. The DNA methyltransferases of mammals. Hum Mol Genet 9: 2395–2402. .
- 2002. DNA methylation patterns and epigenetic memory. Genes Dev 16: 6–21. .
- 1999. DNA methyltransferase is actively retained in the cytoplasm during early development. J Cell Biol 147: 25–32. , .
- 1992. Properties and localization of DNA methyltransferase in preimplantation mouse embryos: implications for genomic imprinting. Genes Dev 6: 2536–2541. , , .
- 2004. Structure and function of eukaryotic DNA methyltransferases. Curr Top Dev Biol 60: 55–89. , .
- 2008. Preimplantation expression of the somatic form of Dnmt1 suggests a role in the inheritance of genomic imprints. BMC Dev Biol 8: 9. , , , , , .
- 2005. Eukaryotic cytosine methyltransferases. Annu Rev Biochem 74: 481–514. , .
- 2008. Maternal and zygotic Dnmt1 are necessary and sufficient for the maintenance of DNA methylation imprints during preimplantation development. Genes Dev 22: 1607–1616. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Genomic imprinting disrupted by a maternal effect mutation in the Dnmt1 gene. Cell 104: 829–838. , , , , , , .
- 2007a. DNA methylation state is preserved in the sperm-derived pronucleus of the pig zygote. Int J Dev Biol 51: 707–714. , , , , , , .
- 2007b. Gradual development of a genome-wide H3–K9 trimethylation pattern in paternally derived pig pronucleus. Dev Dyn 236: 1509–1516. , , , , .
- 2001a. Aberrant methylation of donor genome in cloned bovine embryos. Nat Genet 28: 173–177. , , , , , , .
- 2001b. Typical demethylation events in cloned pig embryos. Clues on species-specific differences in epigenetic reprogramming of a cloned donor genome. J Biol Chem 276: 39980–39984. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Limited demethylation leaves mosaic-type methylation states in cloned bovine pre-implantation embryos. Embo J 21: 1092–1100. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Co-operation and communication between the human maintenance and de novo DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferases. Embo J 21: 4183–4195. , , , , .
- 2000. In vitro development of reconstructed porcine oocytes after somatic cell nuclear transfer. Biol Reprod 63: 986–992. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Developmental potential and transgene expression of porcine nuclear transfer embryos using somatic cells. Mol Reprod Dev 58: 15–21. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Maintenance of genomic methylation patterns during preimplantation development requires the somatic form of DNA methyltransferase 1. Dev Biol 313: 335–346. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Genetic instability in colorectal cancers. Nature 386: 623–627. , , .
- 1992. A targeting sequence directs DNA methyltransferase to sites of DNA replication in mammalian nuclei. Cell 71: 865–873. , , , .
- 2002. Chromatin modification and epigenetic reprogramming in mammalian development. Nat Rev Genet 3: 662–673. .
- 1992. Targeted mutation of the DNA methyltransferase gene results in embryonic lethality. Cell 69: 915–926. , , .
- 1993a. DNA methylation, genomic imprinting, and mammalian development. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 58: 297–305. , , , , .
- 1993b. Role for DNA methylation in genomic imprinting. Nature 366: 362–365. , , .
- 2003. Interactions within the mammalian DNA methyltransferase family. BMC Mol Biol 4: 7. , , .
- 2001. DNA methylation and control of gene expression in vertebrate development. Essays Biochem 37: 59–70. , .
- 1998. Sex-specific exons control DNA methyltransferase in mammalian germ cells. Development 125: 889–897. , , , , , .
- 1991. Decrease in DNA methylase activity during preimplantation development in the mouse. Development 112: 189–192. , , .
- 2003. Imprinting evolution and the price of silence. Bioessays 25: 577–588. , .
- 2004. Epigenetic dynamics of imprinted X inactivation during early mouse development. Science 303: 644–649. , , , , .
- 2007. Dynamic DNA methylation reprogramming: Active demethylation and immediate remethylation in the male pronucleus of bovine zygotes. Dev Dyn 236: 2523–2533. , , , , .
- 2002. Dynamics of Dnmt1 methyltransferase expression and intracellular localization during oogenesis and preimplantation development. Dev Biol 245: 304–314. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Genomic imprinting: parental influence on the genome. Nat Rev Genet 2: 21–32. , .
- 1990. Measurement by quantitative PCR of changes in HPRT, PGK-1, PGK-2, APRT, MTase, and Zfy gene transcripts during mouse spermatogenesis. Nucleic Acids Res 18: 1255–1259. , , , , .
- 1992. DNA methyltransferase is developmentally expressed in replicating and non-replicating male germ cells. Nucleic Acids Res 20: 2541–2545. , , , , .
- 2005. Methylation changes of lysine 9 of histone H3 during preimplantation mouse development. Mol Cells 20: 423–428. , , , .