Patterns & Phenotypes
Rnf19a, a ubiquitin protein ligase, and Psmc3, a component of the 26S proteasome, Tether to the acrosome membranes and the head–tail coupling apparatus during rat spermatid development
Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 238, Issue 7, pages 1851–1861, July 2009
How to Cite
Rivkin, E., Kierszenbaum, A. L., Gil, M. and Tres, L. L. (2009), Rnf19a, a ubiquitin protein ligase, and Psmc3, a component of the 26S proteasome, Tether to the acrosome membranes and the head–tail coupling apparatus during rat spermatid development. Dev. Dyn., 238: 1851–1861. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22004
- Issue online: 10 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 MAY 2009
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: HD36477, HD37282
- 1999. The ubiquitin system in gametogenesis. Mol Cell Endocrinol 151: 5–16. , , .
- 2005. Proteolysis: from the lysosome to ubiquitin and the proteasome. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6: 79–86. .
- 2003. Tab-binding protein-1, a component of the 26S proteasome, contributes to E3 ubiquitin ligase function of the von Hippel-Lindau protein. Nat Genet 35: 229–237. , , , .
- 1996. Identification, purification, and characterization of a PA700-dependent activator of the proteasome. J Biol Chem 271: 3112–3118. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. The ubiquitin ligase component Siah1a is required for completion of meiosis I in male mice. Mol Cell Biol 22: 2294–2303. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Components of an SCF ubiquitin ligase localize to the centrosome and regulate the centrosome duplication cycle. Genes Dev 13: 2242–2257. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Ubiquitin signals in the developing acrosome during spermatogenesis in rat testis: an immunoelectron microscopy study. J Histochem Cytochem 52: 1393–1403. , , , , , .
- 1997. Localization of genes encoding two human one-domain members of the AAA family: PSMC5 (the thyroid hormone receptor-interacting protein, TRIP1) and PSMC3 (the Tat-binding protein, TBP1). Hum Genet 99: 285–288. , , .
- 2001. Lack of acrosome formation in Hrb-deficient mice. Science 294: 1531–1533. , , , , .
- 2002. Intramanchette transport (IMT): managing the making of the spermatid head, centrosome, and tail. Mol Reprod Dev 63: 1–4. .
- 2004. The acrosome-acroplaxome-manchette complex and the shaping of the spermatid head. Arch Histol Cytol 67: 271–284. , .
- 2002. Ran, a GTP-binding protein involved in nucleocytoplasmic transport and microtubule nucleation, relocates from the manchette to the centrosome region during rat spermiogenesis. Mol Reprod Dev 63: 131–140. , , , .
- 2003a. Acroplaxome, an F-actin-keratin-containing plate, anchors the acrosome to the nucleus during shaping of the spermatid head. Mol Biol Cell 14: 4628–4640. , , .
- 2003b. The actin-based motor myosin Va is a component of the acroplaxome, an acrosome-nuclear envelope junctional plate, and of manchette-associated vesicles. Cytogenet Genome Res 103: 337–344. , , .
- 2004. The acroplaxome is the docking site of Golgi-derived myosin Va/Rab27a/b- containing proacrosomal vesicles in wild-type and Hrb mutant mouse spermatids. Biol. Reprod 70: 1400–1410. , , , , .
- 2008. Expression of Fer testis (FerT) tyrosine kinase transcript variants and distribution sites of FerT during the development of the acrosome-acroplaxome-manchette complex in rat spermatids. Dev Dyn 237: 3882–3891. , , .
- 2009. Expression of full-length and truncated Fyn tyrosine kinase transcripts and encoded proteins during spermatogenesis and localization during acrosome biogenesis and fertilization. Mol Reprod Dev [Epub ahead of print]. , , , , .
- 2007. The chromatoid body: a germ-cell-specific RNA-processing centre. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8: 85–90. , .
- 1995. Cloning and characterization of genes expressed during gametogenesis of female and male mice. J Reprod Fertil 103: 323–329. , .
- 2000. Centrosome reduction during mammalian spermiogenesis. Curr Top Dev Biol 49: 343–363. , , .
- 1993. Nuclear morphogenesis during spermiogenesis. In: de KresterD, editor. Molecular biology of the male reproductive system. San Diego: Academic Press. p 67–97. .
- 1998. Isolation of the rat spermatid manchette and its perinuclear ring. Dev Biol 200: 46–56. , , .
- 1999. Structural and biochemical features of fractionated spermatid manchettes and sperm axonemes of the azh/azh mutant mouse. Mol Reprod Dev 52: 434–444. , , .
- 2000. Structural features of the 26S proteasome complex isolated from rat testis and sperm tail. Mol Reprod Dev 57: 176–184. , , .
- 2001. A novel centrosomal ring-finger protein, dorfin, mediates ubiquitin ligase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281: 706–713. , , , , , .
- 2002. Dorfin ubiquitylates mutant SOD1 and prevents mutant SOD1-mediated neurotoxicity. J Biol Chem 277: 36793–36798. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. XYbp, a novel RING-finger protein, is a component of the XY body of spermatoctytes and centrosomes. Mech Dev 90: 95–101. , .
- 1997. A protein associated with the manchette during rat spermiogenesis is encoded by a gene of the TBP-1-like subfamily with highly conserved ATPase and protease domains. Mol Reprod Dev 48: 77–89. , , , .
- 2000. Mouse proteasomal ATPases Psmc3 and Psmc4: genomic organization and gene targeting. Genomics 67: 1–7. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. One step at a time: endoplasmic reticulum associated degradation. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 9: 944–957. , .
- 2001. Themes and variations on ubiquitylation. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2: 169–178. .
- 1999. Dynamic association of proteasomal machinery with the centrosome. J Cell Biol 145: 481–490. , , , , , , .