Patterns & Phenotypes
Postembryonic fast muscle growth of teleost fish depends upon a nonuniformly distributed population of mitotically active Pax7+ precursor cells
Article first published online: 3 AUG 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Visual Systems
Volume 238, Issue 9, pages 2442–2448, September 2009
How to Cite
Marschallinger, J., Obermayer, A., Sänger, A.M., Stoiber, W. and Steinbacher, P. (2009), Postembryonic fast muscle growth of teleost fish depends upon a nonuniformly distributed population of mitotically active Pax7+ precursor cells. Dev. Dyn., 238: 2442–2448. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22049
- Issue published online: 13 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 3 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 JUN 2009
- Austrian Science Foundation (FWF). Grant Number: P20430
- 2005. Lineage analysis of the avian dermomyotome sheet reveals the existence of single cells with both dermal and muscle progenitor fates. Development 132: 689–701. , .
- 2008. The genetics of vertebrate myogenesis. Nat Rev Genet 9: 632–646. , .
- 2006. Myogenic progenitor cells and skeletal myogenesis in vertebrates. Curr Opin Genet Dev 16: 525–532. .
- 2006. Generality of vertebrate developmental patterns: evidence for a dermomyotome in fish. Evol Dev 8: 101–110. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. A common somitic origin for embryonic muscle progenitors and satellite cells. Nature 435: 954–958. , , , .
- 2007. Signals and myogenic regulatory factors restrict pax3 and pax7 expression to dermomyotome-like tissue in zebrafish. Dev Biol 302: 504–521. , , , , , .
- 2007. Whole-somite rotation generates muscle progenitor cell compartments in the developing zebrafish embryo. Dev Cell 12: 207–219. , , , , , .
- 2005. Pax3/Pax7 mark a novel population of primitive myogenic cells during development. Genes Dev 19: 1426–1431. , , , , , .
- 2005. A Pax3/Pax7-dependent population of skeletal muscle progenitor cells. Nature 435: 948–953. , , , .
- 2001. Cellular mechanisms of post-embryonic muscle growth in aquaculture species. In: JohnstonIA, editor: Fish physiology. Vol. 18. Muscle development and growth. San Diego: Academic Press. p 103–140. , .
- 2006. Phases of myogenic cell activation and possible role of dermomyotome cells in teleost muscle formation. Dev Dyn 235: 3132–3143. , , , , , .
- 2007. MyoD and Myogenin expression during myogenic phases in brown trout: a precocious onset of mosaic hyperplasia is a prerequisite for fast somatic growth. Dev Dyn 236: 1106–1114. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Lateral fast muscle fibers originate from the posterior lip of the teleost dermomyotome. Dev Dyn 237: 3233–3239. , , , , .
- 2007. The teleost dermomyotome. Dev Dyn 236: 2432–2443. , .
- 2007. Dynamic somite cell rearrangements lead to distinct waves of myotome growth. Development 134: 1253–1257. , , , , .
- 1998. Patterns of superficial fibre formation in the European pearlfish (Rutilus frisii meidingeri) provide a general template for slow muscle development in teleost fish. Anat Embryol (Berl) 197: 485–496. , , , .
- 2002. Tonic fibres in axial muscle of cyprinid fish larvae: their definition, possible origins and functional importance. Anat Embryol (Berl) 205: 113–124. , , , , .