Integration of human model neurons (NT2) into embryonic chick nervous system
Article first published online: 23 DEC 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 239, Issue 2, pages 496–504, February 2010
How to Cite
Podrygajlo, G., Wiegreffe, C., Scaal, M. and Bicker, G. (2010), Integration of human model neurons (NT2) into embryonic chick nervous system. Dev. Dyn., 239: 496–504. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22193
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 23 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 NOV 2009
- Marie Curie Actions program
- Deutsche Forschungemeinschaft. Grant Number: GRK1104
- DFG. Grant Numbers: FG 1103, BI 263/16-1
- 1984. Retinoic acid induces neuronal differentiation of a cloned human embryonal carcinoma cell line in vitro. Dev Biol 103: 285–293. .
- 2009. Isolation of three stem cell lines from human sacrococcygeal teratomas. J Pathol 217: 589–596. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Mouse-chick chimera: a developmental model of murine neurogenic cells. Development 124: 3025–3036. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Positive effect of transplantation of hNT neurons (NTera 2/D1 cell-line) in a model of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Exp Neurol 174: 169–180. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Integration and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells transplanted to the chick embryo. Dev Dyn 225: 80–86. , , , .
- 2000. Human NT2 neurons express a large variety of neurotransmission phenotypes in vitro. J Comp Neurol 422: 380–395. , , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 2007. Transplantation of post-mitotic human neuroteratocarcinoma-overexpressing Nurr1 cells provides therapeutic benefits in experimental stroke: in vitro evidence of expedited neuronal differentiation and GDNF secretion. J Neurosci Res 85: 1240–1251. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Functional synapses are formed between human Ntera2 (NT2N, hNT) neurons grown on astrocytes. J Comp Neurol 407: 1–10. , , , , .
- 2001. Differentiation of human dopamine neurons from an embryonic carcinomal stem cell line. Brain Res 912: 99–104. , , .
- 2000. Transplantation of cultured human neuronal cells for patients with stroke. Neurology 55: 565–569. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Reprogramming metastatic melanoma cells to assume a neural crest cell-like phenotype in an embryonic microenvironment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103: 3752–3757. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Specification of motoneurons from human embryonic stem cells. Nat Biotechnol 23: 215–221. , , , , , , .
- 1907. Contributions to the physiology of the isolated heart. The consumption of dextrose by mammalian cardiac muscle. J Physiol 36: 205–220. , .
- 2002. Retinoid signalling in the development of the central nervous system. Nat Rev Neurosci 3: 843–853. .
- 2002. Clonal human (hNT) neuron grafts for stroke therapy: neuropathology in a patient 27 months after implantation. Am J Pathol 160: 1201–1206. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Hypoxic/ischaemic cell damage in cultured human NT-2 neurons. Brain Res 1011: 33–47. , .
- 2003. Turning teratocarcinoma cells into neurons: rapid differentiation of NT-2 cells in floating spheres. Dev Brain Res 142: 161–167. , , .
- 2006. Diltiazem protects human NT-2 neurons against excitotoxic damage in a model of simulated ischemia. Brain Res 1124: 45–54. , , .
- 2000. Differentiation of rat striatal embryonic stem cells in vitro: monolayer culture vs. three-dimensional co-culture with differentiated brain cells. J Neurosci Res 15: 504–512. , .
- 2009. Differentiation-dependent progesterone synthesis and metabolism in NT2-N human neurons. Exp Neurol 217: 302–311. , , , , , , .
- 1992. Pure, postmitotic, polarized human neurons derived from NTera 2 cells provide a system for expressing exogenous proteins in terminally differentiated neurons. J Neurosci 12: 1802–1815. , , .
- 2009a. Cellular phenotypes of human model neurons (NT2) after differentiation in aggregate culture. Cell Tissue Res 336: 439–452. , , , , , , .
- 2009b. Synaptic currents and transmitter responses in human NT2 neurons differentiated in aggregate culture. Neurosci Lett [Epub ahead of print]. , , , , .
- 2003. Transcriptional profiling of neuronal differentiation by human embryonal carcinoma stem cells in vitro. Stem Cells 21: 459–471. , , .
- 2000. Embryonic stem cell lines from human blastocysts: somatic differentiation in vitro. Nat Biotechnol 18: 399–404. , , , , .
- 1962. Experimental embryology: a manual of techniques and procedures. Minneapolis: Burgess. .
- 2005. Human SK-Mel 28 melanoma cells resume neural crest cell migration after transplantation into the chick embryo. Melanoma Res 15: 225–234. , , , , .
- 1946. Histochemical tests for protein and amino acids: the characterization of basic proteins. Stain Technol 21: 5–18. .
- 2005. The chick a great model system becomes even greater. Dev Cell 8: 9–17. .
- 2000. Motor neurons are rich in non-phosphorylated neurofilaments: cross-species comparison and alterations in ALS. Brain Res 861: 45–58. , , , , .
- 2008. GLI1 is involved in cell cycle regulation and proliferation of NT2 embryonal carcinoma stem cells. DNA Cell Biol 27: 251–256. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Directed differentiation of embryonic stem cells into motor neurons. Cell 110: 385–397. , , , .
- 1999. In vivo transplantation of mammalian neural crest cells into chick hosts reveals a new autonomic sublineage restriction. Development 126: 4351–4363. , .
- 2005. Delayed transplantation of human neurons following brain injury in rats: a long-term graft survival and behavior study. J Neurotrauma 22: 1456–1474. , , , , , , , , , , , , .