Prickle1b mediates interpretation of migratory cues during zebrafish facial branchiomotor neuron migration
Article first published online: 9 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 239, Issue 6, pages 1596–1608, June 2010
How to Cite
Mapp, O. M., Wanner, S. J., Rohrschneider, M. R. and Prince, V. E. (2010), Prickle1b mediates interpretation of migratory cues during zebrafish facial branchiomotor neuron migration. Dev. Dyn., 239: 1596–1608. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22283
- Issue published online: 17 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 9 APR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 FEB 2010
- March of Dimes. Grant Number: FY07-410
- NIH. Grant Number: 5T32GM007197
- University of Chicago Imaging Institute
- University of Chicago CTSA (National Center for Research Resources). Grant Number: UL1RR024999
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowships
- a March of Dimes grant. Grant Number: FY07-410
- NIH training grant to the University of Chicago. Grant Number: 5T32GM007197
- National Center For Research resources grant to the University of Chicago Imaging Institute
- The University of Chicago CTSA. Grant Number: UL1RR024999
- 2005. Nucleokinesis in tangentially migrating neurons comprises two alternating phases: forward migration of the Golgi/centrosome associated with centrosome splitting and myosin contraction at the rear. J Neurosci 25: 5691–5699. , , , , .
- 2002. The zebrafish trilobite gene is essential for tangential migration of branchiomotor neurons. Dev Biol 242: 149–160. , , , .
- 2003. Prickle 1 regulates cell movements during gastrulation and neuronal migration in zebrafish. Development 130: 4037–4046. , , , , , .
- 2004. Turning heads: development of vertebrate branchiomotor neurons. Dev Dyn 229: 143–161. .
- 2005. Zebrafish foggy/spt 5 is required for migration of facial branchiomotor neurons but not for their survival. Dev Dyn 234: 651–658. , , .
- 2009. CXCR4 and CXCR7 cooperate during tangential migration of facial motoneurons. Mol Cell Neurosci 40: 474–484. , , , .
- 2009. The autism susceptibility gene met regulates zebrafish cerebellar development and facial motor neuron migration. Dev Biol 335: 78–92. , , , .
- 2009. Prickle promotes neurite outgrowth via the dishevelled dependent pathway in C1300 cells. Neurosci Lett 467: 6–10. , , , , .
- 2000. Visualization of cranial motor neurons in live transgenic zebrafish expressing green fluorescent protein under the control of the islet-1 promoter/enhancer. J Neurosci 20: 206–218. , , .
- 2007. The centrosome in neuronal development. Trends Neurosci 30: 276–283. , .
- 2006. GSK3beta and PKCzeta function in centrosome localization and process stabilization during slit-mediated neuronal repolarization. Mol Cell Neurosci 32: 118–132. , , , .
- 2002. Zebrafish trilobite identifies new roles for strabismus in gastrulation and neuronal movements. Nat Cell Biol 4: 610–615. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Both the establishment and the maintenance of neuronal polarity require active mechanisms: critical roles of GSK-3beta and its upstream regulators. Cell 120: 123–135. , , , .
- 1995. Stages of embryonic development of the zebrafish. Dev Dyn 203: 253–310. , , , , .
- 1998. Distinct modes of neuronal migration in different domains of developing cerebellar cortex. J Neurosci 18: 1478–1490. , .
- 2003. Cell migration in the forebrain. Annu Rev Neurosci 26: 441–483. , .
- 2006. Neurons in motion: Same principles for different shapes? Trens Neurosci 29: 655–661. , , .
- 2002. Knockdown of duplicated zebrafish hoxb1 genes reveals distinct roles in hindbrain patterning and a novel mechanism of duplicate gene retention. Development 129: 2339–2354. , , .
- 2004. PIP3 is involved in neuronal polarization and axon formation. J Neurochem 89: 109–118. , , , .
- 2008. Modes and mishaps of neuronal migration in the mammalian brain. J Neurosci 28: 11746–11752. , , , .
- 2006. Noncanonical wnt signaling and neural polarity. Annu Rev Neurosci 29: 363–386. , , .
- 2007. Mouse Prickle1 and Prickle2 are expressed in postmitotic neurons and promote neurite outgrowth. FEBS Lett 581: 4754–4760. , , , .
- 2002. A novel positive transcriptional feedback loop in midbrain-hindbrain boundary development is revealed through analysis of the zebrafish pax2.1 promoter in transgenic lines. Development 129: 3227–3239. , , , , .
- 2008. Neuronal function of Tbx20 conserved from nematodes to vertebrates. Dev Biol 317: 671–685. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Zebrafish hox genes: genomic organization and modified colinear expression patterns in the trunk. Development 125: 407–420. , , , .
- 2007. Zebrafish Hoxb1a regulates multiple downstream genes including prickle1b. Dev Biol 309: 358–372. , , .
- 2006. Mechanism of polarized protrusion formation on neuronal precursors migrating in the developing chicken cerebellum. J Cell Sci 119: 3583–3592. , .
- 2005. Role of Sdf1 chemokine in the development of lateral line efferent and facial motor neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 102: 1714–1718. , , , .
- 2008. Planar cell polarity signaling: from fly development to human disease. Annu Rev Genet 42: 517–540. , .
- 2009. The cell adhesion molecule Tag1, transmembrane protein Stbm/Vangl2, and Lamininalpha1 exhibit genetic interactions during migration of facial branchiomotor neurons in zebrafish. Dev Biol 325: 363–373. , , , , , .
- 2004. Par6alpha signaling controls glial-guided neuronal migration. Nat Neurosci 7: 1195–1203. , , , , .
- 2007. Moving cell bodies: Understanding the migratory mechanism of facial motor neurons. Arch Pharm Res 30: 1273–1282. .
- 2003. Multipolar migration: The third mode of radial neuronal migration in the developing cerebral cortex. J Neurosci 23: 9996–10001. , .
- 2004. Lis1 and doublecortin function with dynein to mediate coupling of the nucleus to the centrosome in neuronal migration. J Cell Biol 165: 709–721. , , , , , .
- 2005. Comparative functional genomics revealed conservation and diversification of three enhancers of the isl1 gene for motor and sensory neuron-specific expression. Dev Biol 278: 587–606. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Microtubule-based nuclear movement occurs independently of centrosome positioning in migrating neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104: 16182–16187. , , .
- 2009. Wnt activity guides facial branchiomotor neuron migration, and involves the PCP pathway and JNK and ROCK kinases. Neural Dev 4: 7. , , , , , , , .
- 2009a. Roles of noncanonical Wnt/PCP pathway genes in neuronal migration and neurulation in zebrafish. Zebrafish 6: 3–8. , .
- 2009b. Roles of planar cell polarity pathway genes for neural migration and differentiation. Dev Growth Differ 51: 233–240. , .
- 2005. Dual roles of zygotic and maternal Scribble1 in neural migration and convergent extension movements in zebrafish embryos. Development 132: 2273–2285. , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Frizzled3a and Celsr2 function in the neuroepithelium to regulate migration of facial motor neurons in the developing zebrafish hindbrain. Development 133: 4749–4759. , , , , .
- 2005. Regulated formation and selection of neuronal processes underlie directional guidance of neuronal migration. Mol Cell Neurosci 30: 378–387. , , .