A novel role of CXCR4 and SDF-1 during migration of cloacal muscle precursors
Article first published online: 9 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 239, Issue 6, pages 1622–1631, June 2010
How to Cite
Rehimi, R., Khalida, N., Yusuf, F., Morosan-Puopolo, G. and Brand-Saberi, B. (2010), A novel role of CXCR4 and SDF-1 during migration of cloacal muscle precursors. Dev. Dyn., 239: 1622–1631. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22288
- Issue published online: 17 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 9 APR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 MAR 2010
- EU's Sixth Framework Programme. Grant Number: 511978
- GKR 1104
- 2003. Wnt signalling regulates myogenic differentiation in the developing avian wing. Development 130: 3503–3514. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Genes that control the development of migrating muscle precursor cells. Curr Opin Cell Biol 12: 725–730. , .
- 1994. Pax-3 is required for the development of limb muscles: a possible role for the migration of dermomyotomal muscle progenitor cells. Development 120: 603–612. , , , , .
- 2006. BMPs restrict the position of premuscle masses in the limb buds by influencing Tcf4 expression. Dev Biol 299: 330–344. , , , .
- 2000. Evolution and development of distinct cell lineages derived from somites. Curr Top Dev Biol 48: 1–42. , .
- 2000. The role of Lbx1 in migration of muscle precursor cells. Development 127: 437–445. , , .
- 1977. Limb-somite relationship: origin of the limb musculature. J Embryol Exp Morphol 41: 245–258. , , .
- 1974. [Experimental studies on the development of the thoracic wall in chick embryos]. Experientia 30: 1449–1451. , , .
- 1977. Experimental analysis of the origin of the wing musculature in avian embryos. Anat Embryol (Berl) 150: 171–186. , , .
- 1995. Early stages of chick somite development. Anat Embryol (Berl) 191: 381–396. , .
- 2002. Molecular basis of cell migration in the fish lateral line: role of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and of its ligand, SDF1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99: 16297–16302. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Molecular etiology of gut malformations and diseases. Am J Med Genet 115: 221–230. , , .
- 1999. The role of SF/HGF and c-Met in the development of skeletal muscle. Development 126: 1621–1629. , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Bidirectional signaling mediated by ephrin-B2 and EphB2 controls urorectal development. Dev Biol 271: 272–290. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Skeletal muscle translocation in vertebrates. Anat Embryol (Berl) 211( suppl 1): 43–50. , , , .
- 2001. Evolutionary history of vertebrate appendicular muscle. Bioessays 23: 383–387. .
- 2000. Lbx1 is required for muscle precursor migration along a lateral pathway into the limb. Development 127: 413–424. , , , , , .
- 2006. Chemokine signaling mediates self-organizing tissue migration in the zebrafish lateral line. Dev Cell 10: 673–680. , .
- 1992. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. 1951. Dev Dyn 195: 231–272. , .
- 2004. The development of the male genitourinary system. I. The origin of the urorectal septum and the formation of the perineum. Br J Plast Surg 57: 27–36. , .
- 1979. The migration of myogenic cells from the somites into the leg region of avian embryos. An ultrastructural study. Anat Embryol (Berl) 157: 291–309. , , .
- 2005. Pediaric surgery. ( 4th ed.), Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders. p 496–517. , , .
- 2000. New mouse models of congenital anorectal malformations. J Pediatr Surg 35: 227–230; discussion 230–221. , , , .
- 1981. Form and function in birds. Vol 2. London: Academic Press. . .
- 2003. A zebrafish homologue of the chemokine receptor Cxcr4 is a germ-cell guidance receptor. Nature 421: 279–282. , , , .
- 2003. Role of the alpha-chemokine stromal cell-derived factor (SDF-1) in the developing and mature central nervous system. Glia 42: 139–148. , , , , .
- 2004. Chemokine signaling regulates sensory cell migration in zebrafish. Dev Biol 269: 123–136. , , .
- 2000. Anal atresia, vertebral, genital, and urinary tract anomalies: a primary polytopic developmental field defect identified through an epidemiological analysis of associations. Am J Med Genet 95: 169–173. , , .
- 2003. Wnt signaling components in the chicken intestinal tract. Dev Biol 256: 18–33. , , .
- 2001. Anorectal malformations caused by defects in sonic hedgehog signaling. Am J Pathol 159: 765–774. , , , , , .
- 2000. CXCR4: chemokine receptor extraordinaire. Immunol Rev 177: 175–184. .
- 1996. Defects of B-cell lymphopoiesis and bone-marrow myelopoiesis in mice lacking the CXC chemokine PBSF/SDF-1. Nature 382: 635–638. , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. In situ hybridization analysis of chick embryos in whole mount and tissue sections. Methods Cell Biol 51: 219–235. , , .
- 2003. The absence of lateral fusion in cloacal partition. J Pediatr Surg 38: 1287–1295. , .
- 1979. Limbless: a new genetic mutant in the chick. J Exp Zool 209: 427–434. , , , .
- 2005. The chemokine SDF-1 differentially regulates axonal elongation and branching in hippocampal neurons. J Cell Sci 118: 1071–1080. , , .
- 2003. Spatial and temporal contribution of somitic myoblasts to avian hind limb muscles. Dev Biol 253: 264–278. , , .
- 2008. Stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) expression during early chick development. Int J Dev Biol 52: 87–92. , , , , , .
- 1999. Early specification of limb muscle precursor cells by the homeobox gene Lbx1h. Nat Genet 23: 213–216. , .
- 2004. Primordial germ cell migration in the chick and mouse embryo: the role of the chemokine SDF-1/CXCL12. Dev Biol 272: 351–361. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Wnt5a knock-out mouse as a new model of anorectal malformation. J Surg Res 156: 278–282. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Redefining the genetic hierarchies controlling skeletal myogenesis: Pax-3 and Myf-5 act upstream of MyoD. Cell 89: 127–138. , , , .
- 2007. Involvement of vessels and PDGFB in muscle splitting during chick limb development. Development 134: 2579–2591. , , , , , , .
- 2005. A dual fate of the hind limb muscle mass: cloacal/perineal musculature develops from leg muscle cells. Development 132: 447–458. , , , , .
- 1997. In situ detection of apoptosis during embryogenesis with annexin V: from whole mount to ultrastructure. Cytometry 29: 313–320. , , , , , , .
- 2005. CXCR4 and Gab1 cooperate to control the development of migrating muscle progenitor cells. Genes Dev 19: 2187–2198. , , , , , .
- 2005. Expression of chemokine receptor CXCR4 during chick embryo development. Anat Embryol (Berl) 210: 35–41. , , , .
- 2006. Inhibitors of CXCR4 affect the migration and fate of CXCR4+ progenitors in the developing limb of chick embryos. Dev Dyn 235: 3007–3015. , , , , , .
- 1998. Function of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 in haematopoiesis and in cerebellar development. Nature 393: 595–599. , , , , .
- 2002. Programmed cell death in the developing limb. Int J Dev Biol 46: 871–876. , .