Draxin is involved in the proper development of the dI3 interneuron in chick spinal cord
Article first published online: 23 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 239, Issue 6, pages 1654–1663, June 2010
How to Cite
Su, Y., Zhang, S., Islam, S. M., Shinmyo, Y., Naser, I. B., Ahmed, G. and Tanaka, H. (2010), Draxin is involved in the proper development of the dI3 interneuron in chick spinal cord. Dev. Dyn., 239: 1654–1663. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22299
- Issue published online: 17 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 23 APR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 MAR 2010
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research. Grant Number: KAKENHI 20300130
- 21st Century and Global COE “Cell Fate Regulation Research and Education Unit” of Kumamoto University
- 1997. Ontogenetic development of diffusional restriction to protein at the pial surface of the rat brain: an electron microscopical study. J Neurocytol 26: 133–148. , , .
- 2008. Nuclear migration during retinal development. Brain Res 1192: 29–36. , .
- 2006. Cytoskeletal genes regulating brain size. Curr Opin Cell Biol 18: 95–101. , .
- 2008. Putting a notch in our understanding of nuclear migration. Cell 134: 912–914. , .
- 1995. Numbers, time and neocortical neuronogenesis: a general developmental and evolutionary model. Trends Neurosci 18: 379–383. , , .
- 1998. Intrinsic polarity of mammalian neuroepithelial cells. Mol Cell Neurosci 11: 183–193. , , , .
- 2008. Regulation of neurogenesis by interkinetic nuclear migration through an apical-basal notch gradient. Cell 134: 1055–1065. , , , .
- 1998. Bcl-2 expression identifies an early stage of myogenesis and promotes clonal expansion of muscle cells. J Cell Biol 142: 537–544. , , .
- 2003. Neurons from radial glia: the consequences of asymmetric inheritance. Curr Opin Neurobiol 13: 34–41. , .
- 2002. Interkinetic nuclear movement in the vertebrate neuroepithelium: encounters with an old acquaintance. Prog Brain Res 136: 67–71. .
- 1999. Role of Pax-5 in the regulation of a mid-hindbrain organizer's activity. Dev Growth Differ 41: 59–72. , , , , , .
- 2007. Neuronal migration in the adult brain: are we there yet? Nat Rev Neurosci 8: 141–151. , , .
- 2005. The cell biology of neurogenesis. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6: 777–788. , .
- 2001. Crossinhibitory activities of Ngn1 and Math1 allow specification of distinct dorsal interneurons. Neuron 31: 219–232. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Lbx1 specifies somatosensory association interneurons in the dorsal spinal cord. Neuron 34: 535–549. , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morph 88: 49–92. , .
- 2006. Basement membrane attachment is dispensable for radial glial cell fate and for proliferation, but affects positioning of neuronal subtypes. Development 133: 3245–3254. , , , , .
- 2009. Draxin, a repulsive axon guidance protein for spinal cord and forebrain commissures. Science 323: 388–393. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Neuronal specification in the spinal cord: inductive signals and transcriptional codes. Nat Rev Genet 1: 20–29. .
- 2000. Genetic ablation reveals that the roof plate is essential for dorsal interneuron specification. Nature 403: 734–740. , , .
- 2002. Expression patterns of focal adhesion associated proteins in the developing retina. Dev Dyn 225: 544–553. , .
- 2000. The mouse Dreher gene Lmx1a controls formation of the roof plate in the vertebrate CNS. Nature 403: 764–769. , , .
- 2009. Neurcin is a novel neural-specific secreted antagonist to canonical Wnt signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390: 1051–1055. , , , , , .
- 2002. The homeodomain factor lbx1 distinguishes two major programs of neuronal differentiation in the dorsal spinal cord. Neuron 34: 551–562. , , , , , , .
- 1994. Antibody against single-stranded DNA detects both programmed cell death and drug-induced apoptosis. Histochemistry 101: 73–78. , , .
- 2008. Electroporation as an efficient method of gene transfer. Dev Growth Differ 50: 443–448. , , .
- 2005. Expression pattern of LINGO-1 in the developing nervous system of the chick embryo. Gene Exp Patterns 6: 57–62. , .
- 2006. A century of progress in corticoneurogenesis: from silver impregnation to genetic engineering. Cereb Cortex 16( Suppl 1): i3–17. .
- 1993. A single protocol to detect transcripts of various types and expression levels in neural tissue and cultured cells: in situ hybridization using digoxigenin-labelled cRNA probes. Histochemistry 100: 431–440. , .
- 2009. Draxin, an axon guidance protein, affects chick trunk neural crest migration. Dev Growth Differ 51: 787–796. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1991. Molecular cloning and expression of a novel adhesion molecule, SC1. Neuron 7: 535–545. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. BMP signaling patterns the dorsal and intermediate neural tube via regulation of homeobox and helix-loop-helix transcription factors. Development 129: 2459–2472. , , .
- 2004. Focal adhesion regulation of cell behavior. Biochim Biophys Acta 1692: 103–119. , , , .
- Draxin, a repulsive axon guidance protein, is involved in hippocampal development. Neurosci Res 66: 53–61. , , , , , , , .