Neuropilin-1 interacts with the second branchial arch microenvironment to mediate chick neural crest cell dynamics
Article first published online: 20 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 239, Issue 6, pages 1664–1673, June 2010
How to Cite
McLennan, R. and Kulesa, P. M. (2010), Neuropilin-1 interacts with the second branchial arch microenvironment to mediate chick neural crest cell dynamics. Dev. Dyn., 239: 1664–1673. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22303
- Issue published online: 17 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 MAR 2010
- National Institute of Health. Grant Number: 1R01HD057922
- the Stowers Institute for Medical Research
- 2007. Fate of cranial neural crest cells during craniofacial development in endothelin-A receptor-deficient mice. Intl J Dev Biol 51: 97–105. , , .
- 1997. The origins of the neural crest. Part I. Embryonic induction. Mech Dev 69: 3–11. , ,
- 2008. Rho-kinase and myosin II affect dynamic neural crest cell behaviors during epithelial to mesenchymal transition in vivo. Dev Biol 324: 236–244. , , , .
- 2004. Functional knockdown of neuropilin-1 in the developing chick nervous system by siRNA hairpins phenocopies genetic ablation in the mouse. Dev Dyn 230: 299–308. , , , , .
- 2008. Contact inhibition of locomotion in vivo controls neural crest directional migration. Nature 456: 957–961. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Cranial expression of class 3 secreted semaphorins and their neuropilin receptors. Dev Dyn 228: 726–733. , .
- 1996. The regeneration of the cephalic neural crest, a problem revisited: the regenerating cells originate from the contralateral or from the anterior and posterior neural fold. Development 122: 3393–3407. , , , ,
- 1999. Evidence for collapsin-1 functioning in the control of neural crest migration in both trunk and hindbrain regions. Development 126: 2181–2189. , , , , ,
- 1999. A paraxial exclusion zone creates patterned cranial neural crest cell outgrowth adjacent to rhombomeres 3 and 5. Dev Biol 213: 70–84. , , , , , , ,
- 2006. Guidance of trunk neural crest migration requires neuropilin 2/semaphorin 3F signaling. Development 133: 99–106. , , , .
- 2004. Significance of the cranial neural crest. Dev Dyn 229: 5–13. , , .
- 2007. Neuropilin 2/semaphorin 3F signaling is essential for cranial neural crest migration and trigeminal ganglion condensation. Dev Neurobiol 67: 47–56. , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 1998. Neural crest cell dynamics revealed by time-lapse video microscopy of whole embryo chick explant cultures. Dev Biol 204: 327–344. , ,
- 2000. In ovo time-lapse analysis after dorsal neural tube ablation shows rerouting of chick hindbrain neural crest. Development 127: 2843–2852. , , .
- 2004. Comparative analysis of neural crest cell death, migration, and function during vertebrate embryogenesis. Dev Dyn 299: 14–29. , , .
- 2005. Time-lapse analysis reveals a series of events by which cranial neural crest cells reroute around physical barriers. Brain Behav Evol 66: 255–265. , , .
- 2004. The avian embryo as a model to study the development of the neural crest: a long and still ongoing story. Mech Dev 121: 1089–1102. .
- 1999. The neural crest. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. , .
- 2009. Molecular and tissue interactions governing induction of cranial ectodermal placodes. Dev Biol 332: 189–195. , .
- 2007. In vivo analysis reveals a critical role for neuropilin-1 in cranial neural crest cell migration in chick. Dev Biol 301: 227–239. , .
- 2009. A role for chemokine signaling in neural crest migration and craniofacial development. Dev Biol 333: 161–172. , , .
- 2005. Semaphorin/neuropilin signaling influences the positioning of migratory neural crest cells within the hindbrain region of the chick. Dev Dyn 232: 939–949. , , , , .
- 1990. A widely distributed antigen developmentally regulated in the nervous system. Development 109: 743–752. , , , ,
- 1997. Dorsal hindbrain ablation results in rerouting of neural crest migration and changes in gene expression by normal hyoid development. Development 124: 2729–2739. , , , , ,
- 2003. Cranial neural crest and the building of the vertebrate head. Nat Rev Neurosci 4: 806–818. , .
- 2003. The cellular and molecular origins of beak morphology. Science 299: 565–568. , .
- 2008. Neuropilin 1 and 2 control cranial gangliogenesis and axon guidance through neural crest cells. Development 135: 1605–1613. , , , , .
- 2008. To adhere or not to adhere: the role of Cadherins in neural crest development. Cell Adh Migr 2: 223–230. .
- 2004. In vivo evidence for short- and long-range cell communication in cranial neural crest cells. Development 131: 6141–6151. , .
- 2001. Hox genes, neural crest cells and branchial arch patterning. Curr Opin Cell Biol 13: 698–705. , .
- 2003. Fgfr1 regulates patterning of the pharyngeal region. Genes Dev 17: 141–153. , , , .
- 2005. Fibroblast growth factor signalling and regional specification of the pharyngeal ectoderm. Intl J Dev Biol 49: 797–805. , , .
- 2005. Semaphorin signaling guides cranial neural crest cell migration in zebrafish. Dev Biol 280: 373–385. , .