Patterns & Phenotypes
Embryonic expression of the chicken krüppel-like (KLF) transcription factor gene family
Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 239, Issue 6, pages 1879–1887, June 2010
How to Cite
Antin, P. B., Pier, M., Sesepasara, T., Yatskievych, T. A. and Darnell, D. K. (2010), Embryonic expression of the chicken krüppel-like (KLF) transcription factor gene family. Dev. Dyn., 239: 1879–1887. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22318
- Issue online: 17 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 APR 2010
- NIH. Grant Number: HD044767
- 2004. Ephs and Ephrins during early stages of chick embryo development. Dev Dyn 299: 677–687. , .
- 2004. Evolutionary conservation of KLF transcription factors and functional conservation of human gamma-globin gene regulation in chicken. Genomics 84: 311–319. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Positional information by Rauber's sickle and a new look at the mechanisms of primitive streak initiation in avian blastoderms. J Morphol 255: 315–327. , , , .
- 2006. Identification, characterization, and expression pattern of the chicken EKLF gene. Dev Dyn 235: 1933–1940. , , , , , .
- 2002. Opposing effects of Kruppel-like factor 4 (gut-enriched Kruppel-like factor) and Kruppel-like factor 5 (intestinal-enriched Kruppel-like factor) on the promoter of the Kruppel-like factor 4 gene. Nucleic Acids Res 30: 2736–2741. , , , , .
- 2002. Prolonged fluid shear stress induces a distinct set of endothelial cell genes, most specifically lung Kruppel-like factor (KLF2). Blood 100: 1689–1698. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. A complex oscillating network of signaling genes underlies the mouse segmentation clock. Science 314: 1595–1598. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Kruppel-like factor 15 is a regulator of cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104: 7074–7079. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Kruppel-like factors 4 and 5: the yin and yang regulators of cellular proliferation. Cell Res 15: 92–96. , , , , , .
- 2004. Development-related changes in the expression of shear stress responsive genes KLF-2, ET-1, and NOS-3 in the developing cardiovascular system of chicken embryos. Dev Dyn 230: 57–68. , , , .
- 2007. Kruppel-like Factors (KLFs) in muscle biology. J Mol Cell Cardiol 43: 1–10. , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 1992. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick-embryo. Dev Dyn 195: 231–272. (Reprinted from J Morphol 1951 88:49–92.) , .
- 1993. The homeobox gene goosecoid and the origin of organizer cells in the early chick blastoderm. Cell 74: 645–659. , , , .
- 1985. Molecular analysis of Kruppel, a segmentation gene of Drosophila melanogaster. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 50: 465–473. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Sp1- and Kruppel-like transcription factors. Genome Biol 4: 206. , , .
- 1997. The LKLF transcription factor is required for normal tunica media formation and blood vessel stabilization during murine embryogenesis. Genes Dev 11: 2996–3006. , , , , , .
- 2006. Klf2 is an essential regulator of vascular hemodynamic forces in vivo. Dev Cell 11: 845–857. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Kruppel-like factor 2 cooperates with the ETS family protein ERG to activate Flk1 expression during vascular development. Development 136: 1115–1125. , , .
- 1993. A novel, erythroid cell-specific murine transcription factor that binds to the CACCC element and is related to the Kruppel family of nuclear proteins. Mol Cell Biol 13: 2776–2786. , .
- 2007. The KLF family of transcriptional regulators in cardiomyocyte proliferation and differentiation. Cell Cycle 6: 117–121. , .
- 1996. In situ hybridization analysis of chick embryos in whole mount and tissue sections. In: Methods in cell biology. New York: Academic Press, Inc. , , .
- 1980. Mutations affecting segment number and polarity in Drosophila. Nature 287: 795–801. , .
- 2001. The zebrafish klf gene family. Blood 98: 1792–1801. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Kruppel-like transcription factors: a functional family. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40: 1996–2001. , , , , .
- 2004. Dynamic expression of Lef/Tcf family members and beta-catenin during chick gastrulation, neurulation, and early limb development. Dev Dyn 229: 703–707. , , , .
- 2001. Interactions between Wnt and Vg1 signalling pathways initiate primitive streak formation in the chick embryo. Development 128: 2915–2927. , .
- 1998. Chordin regulates primitive streak development and the stability of induced neural cells, but is not sufficient for neural induction in the chick embryo. Development 125: 507–519. , , , , , .
- 2005. Mammalian SP/KLF transcription factors: bring in the family. Genomics 85: 551–556. , , .
- 2005. Vascular implications of the Kruppel-like family of transcription factors. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25: 1135–1141. , , , .
- 2006. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors. Cell 126: 663–676. , .