Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of Gpr177, a Wnt trafficking regulator, in mouse embryogenesis
Article first published online: 14 JUN 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 239, Issue 7, pages 2102–2109, July 2010
How to Cite
Yu, H.-M. I., Jin, Y., Fu, J. and Hsu, W. (2010), Expression of Gpr177, a Wnt trafficking regulator, in mouse embryogenesis. Dev. Dyn., 239: 2102–2109. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22336
- Issue published online: 14 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 14 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 MAY 2010
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: CA106308, DE015654
- 2007. Mutation in WNT10A is associated with an autosomal recessive ectodermal dysplasia: the odonto-onycho-dermal dysplasia. Am J Hum Genet 81: 821–828. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Stem cells in the skin: waste not, Wnt not. Genes Dev 17: 1189–1200. , .
- 2004. Recycling endosomes can serve as intermediates during transport from the Golgi to the plasma membrane of MDCK cells. J Cell Biol 167: 531–543. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Wntless, a conserved membrane protein dedicated to the secretion of Wnt proteins from signaling cells. Cell 125: 509–522. , , , , , .
- 2006. Secretion of Wnt ligands requires Evi, a conserved transmembrane protein. Cell 125: 523–533. , , , .
- 2008. Variation in WNT genes is associated with non-syndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate. Hum Mol Genet 17: 2212–2218. , , , , , , .
- 2008. SUMO-specific protease 2 is essential for modulating p53-Mdm2 in development of trophoblast stem cell niches and lineages. PLoS Biol 6: e310. , , , .
- 2006. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in development and disease. Cell 127: 469–480. .
- 2010. Making up the numbers: the molecular control of mammalian dental formula. Semin Cell Dev Biol 21: 314–324. , .
- 2007. The making of Wnt: new insights into Wnt maturation, sorting and secretion. Development 134: 3–12. , .
- 2001. Deletions of AXIN1, a component of the WNT/wingless pathway, in sporadic medulloblastomas. Cancer Res 61: 7039–7043. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Upregulation of Igf and Wnt signalling associated genes in pleomorphic adenomas of the salivary glands in PLAG1 transgenic mice. Int J Oncol 32: 1041–1047. , , , .
- 2006. Release and trafficking of lipid-linked morphogens. Curr Opin Genet Dev 16: 17–22. .
- 2009. Reciprocal regulation of Wnt and Gpr177/mouse Wntless is required for embryonic axis formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 106: 18598–18603. , , , , .
- 1995. Newly synthesized transferrin receptors can be detected in the endosome before they appear on the cell surface. J Biol Chem 270: 10999–11003. , , , .
- 2006. Sprinter: a novel transmembrane protein required for Wg secretion and signaling. Development 133: 4901–4911. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Wnt2/2b and beta-catenin signaling are necessary and sufficient to specify lung progenitors in the foregut. Dev Cell 17: 290–298. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Deciphering the function of canonical Wnt signals in development and disease: conditional loss- and gain-of-function mutations of beta-catenin in mice. Genes Dev 22: 2308–2341. , , , .
- 2009. Wnt signaling, lgr5, and stem cells in the intestine and skin. Am J Pathol 174: 715– 721. , .
- 2000. Axonal remodeling and synaptic differentiation in the cerebellum is regulated by WNT-7a signaling. Cell 100: 525–535. , , .
- 2007. Helping Wingless take flight: how WNT proteins are secreted. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8: 331–336. , , .
- 2008. Wnt5a regulates directional cell migration and cell proliferation via Ror2-mediated noncanonical pathway in mammalian palate development. Development 135: 3871–3879. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Manipulating gene activity in Wnt1-expressing precursors of neural epithelial and neural crest cells. Dev Dyn 239: 338–345. , , .
- 2007. Wnt signaling interacts with Shh to regulate taste papilla development. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104: 2253–2258. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Continuous tooth generation in mouse is induced by activated epithelial Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103: 18627–18632. , , , , , .
- 2006. Wnt9b is the mutated gene involved in multifactorial nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate in A/WySn mice, as confirmed by a genetic complementation test. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 76: 574–579. , , , , .
- 2009. Wnt9b signaling regulates planar cell polarity and kidney tubule morphogenesis. Nat Genet 41: 793–799. , , , , , .
- 2009. GSK-3 is a master regulator of neural progenitor homeostasis. Nat Neurosci 12: 1390–1397. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Mutations in AXIN2 cause familial tooth agenesis and predispose to colorectal cancer. Am J Hum Genet 74: 1043–1050. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. A local Wnt-3a signal is required for development of the mammalian hippocampus. Development 127: 457–467. , , , .
- 2002. Wnt5a participates in distal lung morphogenesis. Dev Biol 248: 68–81. , , , , .
- 2007. Craniosynostosis caused by Axin2 deficiency is mediated through distinct functions of beta-catenin in proliferation and differentiation. Dev Biol 301: 298–308. , , .
- 2008. Co-opted JNK/SAPK signaling in Wnt/beta-catenin-induced tumorigenesis. Neoplasia 10: 1004–1013. , , , .
- 2004. The Wnt signaling pathway in development and disease. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 20: 781–810. , .
- 2005. Growth factor regulation of lens development. Dev Biol 280: 1–14. , .
- 2003. Wnt11 and Ret/Gdnf pathways cooperate in regulating ureteric branching during metanephric kidney development. Development 130: 3175–3185. , , , , .
- 2009. Wnt-related molecules and signaling pathway equilibrium in hematopoiesis. Cell Stem Cell 4: 27–36. , .
- 2006. The endocytic pathway and formation of the Wingless morphogen gradient. Development 133: 307–317. , , .
- 1990. The Wnt-1 (int-1) proto-oncogene is required for development of a large region of the mouse brain. Cell 62: 1073–1085. , .
- 2002. The Wnts. Genome Biol 3:REVIEWS3001. .
- 2005. Lipoprotein particles are required for Hedgehog and Wingless signalling. Nature 435: 58–65. , , , , .
- 2007. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling regulates nephron induction during mouse kidney development. Development 134: 2533–2539. , , .
- 2002. Producing cells retain and recycle Wingless in Drosophila embryos. Curr Biol 12: 957–962. , , , , .
- 2007. Wnt5a functions in planar cell polarity regulation in mice. Dev Biol 306: 121–133. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Wnt7b stimulates embryonic lung growth by coordinately increasing the replication of epithelium and mesenchyme. Development 135: 1625–1634. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Wnt-dependent regulation of inner ear morphogenesis is balanced by the opposing and supporting roles of Shh. Genes Dev 19: 1612–1623. , , .
- 2009. Twenty bone-mineral-density loci identified by large-scale meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies. Nat Genet 41: 1199–1206. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Role of Wnt signaling in the biology of the periodontium. Dev Dyn 239: 140–147. , , .
- 2006. Wnt-Ryk signalling mediates medial-lateral retinotectal topographic mapping. Nature 439: 31–37. , , , , , .
- 2002. Wnt7b regulates mesenchymal proliferation and vascular development in the lung. Development 129: 4831–4842. , , , .
- 2005. Signaling circuitries in development: insights from the retinal determination gene network. Development 132: 3–13. , .
- 2005. WNT signalling and haematopoiesis: a WNT-WNT situation. Nat Rev Immunol 5: 21–30. , .
- 1994. Epithelial transformation of metanephric mesenchyme in the developing kidney regulated by Wnt-4. Nature 372: 679–683. , , , .
- 2000. Wingless gradient formation in the Drosophila wing. Curr Biol 10: 293–300. , .
- 2006. Monounsaturated fatty acid modification of Wnt protein: its role in Wnt secretion. Dev Cell 11: 791–801. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Drosophila segment polarity gene product porcupine stimulates the posttranslational N-glycosylation of wingless in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem 277: 12816–12823. , , .
- 1990. Targeted disruption of the murine int-1 proto-oncogene resulting in severe abnormalities in midbrain and cerebellar development. Nature 346: 847–850. , .
- 2006. Knockout mouse models to study Wnt signal transduction. Trends Genet 22: 678–689. , .
- 2004. Wnt/frizzled signaling during vertebrate retinal development. Dev Neurosci 26: 352–358. , .
- 2002. Morphogen transport along epithelia, an integrated trafficking problem. Dev Cell 3: 615–623. , .
- 2009. Apc inhibition of Wnt signaling regulates supernumerary tooth formation during embryogenesis and throughout adulthood. Development 136: 1939–1949. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Wnt proteins are lipid-modified and can act as stem cell growth factors. Nature 423: 448–452. , , , , , , , .
- 2005a. The role of Axin2 in calvarial morphogenesis and craniosynostosis. Development 132: 1995–2005. , , , , , , , .
- 2005b. Development of a unique system for spatiotemporal and lineage-specific gene expression in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 102: 8615–8620. , , , , .
- 2007. Impaired neural development caused by inducible expression of Axin in transgenic mice. Mech Dev 124: 146–156. , , , .
- 2009. A Wnt7b-dependent pathway regulates the orientation of epithelial cell division and establishes the cortico-medullary axis of the mammalian kidney. Development 136: 161–171. , , , , , .
- 1997. The mouse Fused locus encodes Axin, an inhibitor of the Wnt signaling pathway that regulates embryonic axis formation. Cell 90: 181–192. , , , , , , 3rd, , , , .
- 2004. Drosophila wnt-1 undergoes a hydrophobic modification and is targeted to lipid rafts, a process that requires porcupine. J Biol Chem 279: 33220–33227. , , .
- 2006. Wnt pathway is involved in pleomorphic adenomas induced by overexpression of PLAG1 in transgenic mice. Int J Cancer 118: 643–648. , , , , , , , , , , , .