Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of GPR177 (Wntless/Evi/Sprinter), a highly conserved Wnt-transport protein, in rat tissues, zebrafish embryos, and cultured human cells
Article first published online: 22 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 239, Issue 9, pages 2426–2434, September 2010
How to Cite
Jin, J., Morse, M., Frey, C., Petko, J. and Levenson, R. (2010), Expression of GPR177 (Wntless/Evi/Sprinter), a highly conserved Wnt-transport protein, in rat tissues, zebrafish embryos, and cultured human cells. Dev. Dyn., 239: 2426–2434. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22369
- Issue published online: 24 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 22 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUN 2010
- NIDA. Grant Number: DA025995
- Pennsylvania Department of Health using Tobacco Settlement Funds
- 2006. Wntless, a conserved membrane protein dedicated to the secretion of Wnt proteins from signaling cells. Cell 125: 509–522. , , , , , .
- 2006. Secretion of Wnt ligands requires Evi, a conserved transmembrane protein. Cell 125: 523–533. , , , .
- 2008. The retromer complex influences Wnt secretion by recycling wntless from endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Dev Cell 14: 120–131. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Neuronal calcium sensor-1 gene ncs-1a is essential for semicircular canal formation in zebrafish inner ear. J Neurobiol 64: 285–297. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Transmembrane organization of the Na,K-ATPase determined by epitope addition. Biochemistry 32: 13782–13786. , .
- 1996. Localization of cytoplasmic and extracellular domains of Na,K-ATPase by epitope tag insertion. Biochemistry 35: 14165–14172. , , .
- 2003. Functional genomic dissection of multimeric protein families in zebrafish. Dev Dyn 228: 555–567. , , .
- 2006. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in development and disease. Cell 127: 469–480. .
- 2008. Wingless secretion requires endosome-to-Golgi retrieval of Wntless/Evi/Sprinter by the retromer complex. Nat Cell Biol 10: 170–177. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Reciprocal regulation of Wnt and Gpr177/mouse Wntless is required for embryonic axis formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 106: 18598–18603. , , , , .
- 2006. Sprinter: a novel transmembrane protein required for Wg secretion and signaling. Development 133: 4901–4911. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Interaction with dopamine D2 receptor enhances expression of transient receptor potential channel 1 at the cell surface. Biochim Biophys Acta 1778: 974–982. , , , .
- 2010. Interaction of the mu-opioid receptor with GPR177 (Wntless) inhibits Wnt secretion: potential implications for opioid dependence. BMC Neurosci 11: 33. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. N-linked glycosylation is required for plasma membrane localization of D5, but not D1, dopamine receptors in transfected mammalian cells. Mol Pharmacol 56: 1071–1078. , , , , .
- 2008. Wnt signalling and its impact on development and cancer. Nat Rev Cancer 8: 387–398. , .
- 2009. Trans-synaptic transmission of vesicular Wnt signals through Evi/Wntless. Cell 139: 393–404. , , , , , , .
- 2004. The Wnt signaling pathway in development and disease. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 20: 781–810. , .
- 2004. Complete sequencing and characterization of 21,243 full-length human cDNAs. Nat Genet 36: 40–45. , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Proteomic and functional analysis of NCS-1 binding proteins reveals novel signaling pathways required for inner ear development in zebrafish. BMC Neurosci 10: 27. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Wingless secretion promotes and requires retromer-dependent cycling of Wntless. Nat Cell Biol 10: 178–185. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Wnt signalling in stem cells and cancer. Nature 434: 843–850. , .
- 2003. A role for Wnt signalling in self-renewal of haematopoietic stem cells. Nature 423: 409–414. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Interaction of Wnt and caudal-related genes in zebrafish posterior body formation. Dev Biol 279: 125–141. , , , .
- 2008. High-resolution in situ hybridization to whole-mount zebrafish embryos. Nat Protoc 3: 59–69. , .
- 2003. Wnt proteins are lipid-modified and can act as stem cell growth factors. Nature 423: 448– 452. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Mechanisms of Wnt signaling in development. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14: 59–88. , .
- 2008. Wnt signaling requires retromer-dependent recycling of MIG-14/Wntless in Wnt-producing cells. Dev Cell 14: 140–147. , , , , , .