Patterns & Phenotypes
Differential expression of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases 4 in developing rat lung
Article first published online: 22 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 239, Issue 9, pages 2470–2478, September 2010
How to Cite
Lopez, E., Jarreau, P.-H., Zana, E., Franco-Montoya, M.-L., Schmitz, T., Evain-Brion, D., Bourbon, J., Delacourt, C. and Méhats, C. (2010), Differential expression of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases 4 in developing rat lung. Dev. Dyn., 239: 2470–2478. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22374
- Issue published online: 24 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 22 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUN 2010
- la Chancellerie des Universités de Paris. Grant Number: Legs Poix 2006
- Air Liquide Foundation
- 1998. Cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) gene expression is developmentally regulated in fetal lung. Biochim Biophys Acta 1402: 303–312. , , .
- 1984. Effects of cyclic AMP analogues and phosphodiesterase inhibitors on phospholipid biosynthesis in fetal type II pneumocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta 803: 29–38. , , , .
- 2006. Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases: molecular regulation to clinical use. Pharmacol Rev 58: 488–520. , .
- 1997. Characterization of five different proteins produced by alternatively spliced mRNAs from the human cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase PDE4D gene. Biochem J 328: 539–548. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. PDE4 inhibitors as potential therapeutic agents in the treatment of COPD-focus on roflumilast. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2: 121–129. , .
- 2007. Gene expression profiling in lung fibroblasts reveals new players in alveolarization. Physiol Genomics 32: 128–141. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Molecular regulation of lung development. Annu Rev Physiol 63: 471–494. .
- 2004. DNA microarray analysis of neonatal mouse lung connects regulation of KDR with dexamethasone-induced inhibition of alveolar formation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286: L411–419. , , , , .
- 2003. Cyclic AMP-specific PDE4 phosphodiesterases as critical components of cyclic AMP signaling. J Biol Chem 278: 5493–5496. , , , , , .
- 1998. Alveolar epithelial fluid clearance is mediated by endogenous catecholamines at birth in guinea pigs. J Clin Invest 101: 972–981. , , , .
- 1991. cAMP increases synthesis of surfactant-associated protein A by perfused rat lung. Am J Physiol 260: L226–233. , , , , .
- 2006. Galectin-1 in secondary alveolar septae of neonatal mouse lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291: L1142–1149. , , , , .
- 1998. Characterization of the rolipram-sensitive, cyclic AMP-specific phosphodiesterases: identification and differential expression of immunologically distinct forms in the rat brain. Mol Pharmacol 53: 23–32. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2(-Delta Delta C(T)) Method. Methods 25: 402–408. , .
- 2002. Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases and their role in endocrine cell signaling. Trends Endocrinol Metab 13: 29–35. , , , , .
- 2003. PDE4D plays a critical role in the control of airway smooth muscle contraction. Faseb J 17: 1831–1841. , , , , , .
- 2008. Effects of phosphodiesterase 4 inhibition on alveolarization and hyperoxia toxicity in newborn rats. PLoS ONE 3: e3445. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Role of transcription factors in fetal lung development and surfactant protein gene expression. Annu Rev Physiol 62: 875–915. .
- 1987. Adenosine 3′,5′-monophosphate analogs and beta-adrenergic agonists induce the synthesis of the major surfactant apoprotein in human fetal lung in vitro. Endocrinology 121: 1155–1163. , , .
- 2005. Splice variants of the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase PDE4D are differentially expressed and regulated in rat tissue. Biochem J 388: 803–811. , , .
- 2008. Signaling from beta1- and beta2-adrenergic receptors is defined by differential interactions with PDE4. Embo J 27: 384–393. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. PDE4 inhibitors: current status. Br J Pharmacol 155: 308–315. .
- 1974. Assay of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases with radioactive substrates. Methods Enzymol 38: 205–212. , , .
- 1991. Ontogeny of macrophage subpopulations and Ia-positive dendritic cells in pulmonary tissue of the rat. Cell Tissue Res 263: 367–373. , , .
- 1999. Phosphodiesterase 4B2 is the predominant phosphodiesterase species and undergoes differential regulation of gene expression in human monocytes and neutrophils. Mol Pharmacol 56: 170–174. , , , , .
- 1982a. Ontogeny of alpha 1- and beta-adrenergic receptors in rat lung. Life Sci 30: 139–145. , , , .
- 1982b. Developmental aspects of alpha- and beta-adrenergic receptors. Semin Perinatol 6: 125–141. , , .
- 1983. cAMP-dependent protein kinase and protein phosphorylation in developing rat lung. Pediatr Res 17: 959–966. , , .
- 1985. cAMP dependent actin phosphorylation in developing rat lung and type II epithelial cells. Exp Lung Res 9: 191–209. , , , .