Patterns & Phenotypes
Three-dimensional localisation of NANOG, OCT4, and E-cadherin in porcine pre- and peri-implantation embryos
Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 240, Issue 1, pages 204–210, January 2011
How to Cite
Wolf, X. A., Serup, P. and Hyttel, P. (2011), Three-dimensional localisation of NANOG, OCT4, and E-cadherin in porcine pre- and peri-implantation embryos. Dev. Dyn., 240: 204–210. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22491
- Issue online: 22 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 OCT 2010
- Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation
- Danish National Advanced Technology Foundation
- EU. Grant Numbers: EU FP7 Stem Cell Project “PartnErS” (218205;204, 523), EU FP7 Stem Cell Project “PluriSys” (223485)
- 2008. Expression analysis of pluripotency factors in the undifferentiated porcine inner cell mass and epiblast during in vitro culture. Mol Reprod Dev 75: 450–463. , , .
- 2007. Derivation and characterization of pluripotent cell lines from pig embryos of different origins. Theriogenology 67: 54–63. , , , , .
- 1993. The role of E-cadherin and integrins in mesoderm differentiation and migration at the mammalian primitive streak. Development 118: 829–844. , , .
- 2006. POU5F1 isoforms show different expression patterns in human embryonic stem cells and preimplantation embryos. Stem Cells 24: 2685–2691. , , , .
- 2001. FGF signaling regulates mesoderm cell fate specification and morphogenetic movement at the primitive streak. Dev Cell 1: 37–49. , .
- 1986. Developmentally regulated expression of the cell-cell adhesion glycoprotein cell-CAM 120/80 in peri-implantation mouse embryos and extraembryonic membranes. Dev Biol 116: 194–202. , , .
- 2005. Molecular evidence for a critical period in mural trophoblast development in bovine blastocysts. Dev Biol 288: 448–460. , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Expression of transcription factor HNF-4 in the extraembryonic endoderm, gut, and nephrogenic tissue of the developing mouse embryo: HNF-4 is a marker for primary endoderm in the implanting blastocyst. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91: 7598–7602. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Porcine pluripotency cell signaling develops from the inner cell mass to the epiblast during early development. Dev Dyn 238: 2014–2024. , , , , .
- 2009. Axial differentiation and early gastrulation stages of the pig embryo. Differentiation 78: 301–311. , , , , .
- 2006. Developmental expression of pluripotency determining factors in caprine embryos: novel pattern of NANOG protein localization in the nucleolus. Mol Reprod Dev 73: 1512–1522. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Challenges and prospects for the establishment of embryonic stem cell lines of domesticated ungulates. Anim Reprod Sci 98: 147–168. , , , .
- 2000. Expression pattern of Oct-4 in preimplantation embryos of different species. Biol Reprod 63: 1698–1705. , , , , , .
- 2008. Differences in early lineage segregation between mammals. Dev Dyn 237: 918–927. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Differential gene expression patterns in porcine nuclear transfer embryos reconstructed with fetal fibroblasts and mesenchymal stem cells. Dev Dyn 236: 435–446. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Pluripotent lineage definition in bovine embryos by Oct4 transcript localization. Biol Reprod 71: 1578–1582. , , .
- 1994. E-cadherin null mutant embryos fail to form a trophectoderm epithelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91: 8263–8267. , , , .
- 2008. In vitro and in vivo derived porcine embryos possess similar, but not identical, patterns of Oct4, Nanog, and Sox2 mRNA expression during cleavage development. Mol Reprod Dev 75: 1726–1735. , .
- 2003. The homeoprotein Nanog is required for maintenance of pluripotency in mouse epiblast and ES cells. Cell 113: 631–642. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Formation of pluripotent stem cells in the mammalian embryo depends on the POU transcription factor Oct4. Cell 95: 379–391. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. From zygote to implantation: morphological and molecular dynamics during embryo development in the pig. Reprod Domest Anim 44( Suppl 3): 39–49. , , , , , .
- 1997. Cell-junctional and cytoskeletal organization in mouse blastocysts lacking E-cadherin. Dev Biol 185: 261–271. , , , .
- 1994. Oct-4 transcription factor is differentially expressed in the mouse embryo during establishment of the first two extraembryonic cell lineages involved in implantation. Dev Biol 166: 259–267. , , , .
- 2009. Nanog is the gateway to the pluripotent ground state. Cell 138: 722–737. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Confinement and clearance of OCT4 in the porcine embryo at stereomicroscopically defined stages around gastrulation. Mol Reprod Dev 73: 709–718. , , , .
- 2010. OCT4 expression in outgrowth colonies derived from porcine inner cell masses and epiblasts. Reprod Domest Anim. , , , , , .
- 1995. Developmental-specific activity of the FGF-4 enhancer requires the synergistic action of Sox2 and Oct-3. Genes Dev 9: 2635–2645. , , , .