Hui Wang and Aline Bonnet contributed equally to this work.
Special Issue Techniques
Stable, conditional, and muscle-fiber-specific expression of electroporated transgenes in chick limb muscle cells
Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Issue on Limb Development
Volume 240, Issue 5, pages 1223–1232, May 2011
How to Cite
Wang, H., Bonnet, A., Delfini, M. C., Kawakami, K., Takahashi, Y. and Duprez, D. (2011), Stable, conditional, and muscle-fiber-specific expression of electroporated transgenes in chick limb muscle cells. Dev. Dyn., 240: 1223–1232. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22498
- Issue online: 20 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 OCT 2010
- ANR, FRM, AFM, NOE MYORES (6th PCRDT), University Paris 6, CNRS
- 2007. Cellular heterogeneity during vertebrate skeletal muscle development. Dev Biol 308: 281–293. , , .
- 2006. BMPs restrict the position of premuscle masses in the limb buds by influencing Tcf4 expression. Dev Biol 299: 330–344. , , , .
- 2010. Vestigial-like 2 acts downstream of MyoD activation and is associated with skeletal muscle differentiation in chick myogenesis. Mech Dev 127: 120–136. , , , .
- 2008. The genetics of vertebrate myogenesis. Nat Rev Genet 9: 632–646. , .
- 2004. Ectopic Myf5 or MyoD prevents the neuronal differentiation program in addition to inducing skeletal muscle differentiation, in the chick neural tube. Development 131: 713–723. , .
- 2000. Delta 1-activated notch inhibits muscle differentiation without affecting Myf5 and Pax3 expression in chick limb myogenesis. Development 127: 5213–5224. , , , .
- 2002. Signals regulating muscle formation in the limb during embryonic development. Int J Dev Biol 46: 915–925. .
- 2001. Misexpression of Fgf-4 in the chick limb inhibits myogenesis by down-regulating Frek expression. Dev Biol 233: 56–71. , , .
- 2002. Fgf4 positively regulates scleraxis and tenascin expression in chick limb tendons. Dev Biol 247: 351–366. , , , , .
- 2009. Sonic hedgehog regulates integrin activity, cadherin contacts, and cell polarity to orchestrate neural tube morphogenesis. J Neurosci 29: 12506–12520. , , , , , .
- 2004. A two-step mechanism for myotome formation in chick. Dev Cell 6: 875–882. , , .
- 2009. WNT11 acts as a directional cue to organize the elongation of early muscle fibres. Nature 457: 589–593. , , .
- 1992. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. 1951. Dev Dyn 195: 231–272. , .
- 2009. Embryonic and fetal limb myogenic cells are derived from developmentally distinct progenitors and have different requirements for beta-catenin. Genes Dev 23: 997–1013. , , , , .
- 2003. A Tcf4-positive mesodermal population provides a prepattern for vertebrate limb muscle patterning. Dev Cell 5: 937–944. , , .
- 2004. Transposition of the Tol2 element, an Ac-like element from the Japanese medaka fish Oryzias latipes, in mouse embryonic stem cells. Genetics 166: 895–899. , .
- 1995. Myosin light chain 3F regulatory sequences confer regionalized cardiac and skeletal muscle expression in transgenic mice. J Cell Biol 129: 383–396. , , , , .
- 2004. A primer on using in ovo electroporation to analyze gene function. Dev Dyn 229: 433–439. .
- 2008. Pax3 regulation of FGF signaling affects the progression of embryonic progenitor cells into the myogenic program. Genes Dev 22: 1828–1837. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Myostatin promotes the terminal differentiation of embryonic muscle progenitors. Genes Dev 22: 668–681. , , , , , , .
- 1995. The in vivo expression of the FGF receptor FREK mRNA in avian myoblasts suggests a role in muscle growth and differentiation. Dev Biol 172: 100–114. , , .
- 2010. Functional conservation between rodents and chicken of regulatory sequences driving skeletal muscle gene expression in transgenic chickens. BMC Dev Biol 10: 26. , , , , .
- 1999. Efficient targeting of gene expression in chick embryos by microelectroporation. Dev Growth Differ 41: 335–344. , , , , , .
- 2009. Role of noggin as an upstream signal in the lack of neuronal derivatives found in the avian caudal-most neural crest. Development 136: 1717–1726. , , .
- 2005. A Pax3/Pax7-dependent population of skeletal muscle progenitor cells. Nature 435: 948–953. , , , .
- 2010. Gene transfer by electroporation into hemogenic endothelium in the avian embryo. Dev Dyn 239: 1748–1754. , .
- 2007. Skeletal muscle stem cell birth and properties. Semin Cell Dev Biol 18: 870–882. , .
- 2007. Stable integration and conditional expression of electroporated transgenes in chicken embryos. Dev Biol 305: 616–624. , , , , , , .
- 2004. In ovo electroporation of avian somites. Dev Dyn 229: 643–650. , , , .
- 1992. Myogenic cell lineages. Dev Biol 154: 284–298. .
- 2007. Involvement of vessels and PDGFB in muscle splitting during chick limb development. Development 134: 2579–2591. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Heart and craniofacial muscle development: a new developmental theme of distinct myogenic fields. Dev Biol 327: 273–279. .
- 2006. Functional dissection of the Tol2 transposable element identified the minimal cis-sequence and a highly repetitive sequence in the subterminal region essential for transposition. Genetics 174: 639–649. , , .
- 2010. Bmp signaling at the tips of skeletal muscles regulates the number of fetal muscle progenitors and satellite cells during development. Dev Cell 18: 643–654. , , , , .
- 2007. Tet-on inducible system combined with in ovo electroporation dissects multiple roles of genes in somitogenesis of chicken embryos. Dev Biol 305: 625–636. , , , , , , .