Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression patterns of ShcD and Shc family adaptor proteins during mouse embryonic development
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 240, Issue 1, pages 221–231, January 2011
How to Cite
Hawley, S. P., Wills, M. K.B., Rabalski, A. J., Bendall, A. J. and Jones, N. (2011), Expression patterns of ShcD and Shc family adaptor proteins during mouse embryonic development. Dev. Dyn., 240: 221–231. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22506
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 OCT 2010
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada. Grant Numbers: RG 327372-06, 249773-07
- 1998. The formation of neuromuscular synapses. Genes Dev 12: 133–148. .
- 1998. Emerging roles for SH2/PTB-containing Shc adaptor proteins in the developing mammalian brain. Trends Neurosci 21: 476–481. , .
- 1997. Expression and activation of SH2/PTB-containing ShcA adaptor protein reflects the pattern of neurogenesis in the mammalian brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94: 8185–8190. , , , , , .
- 2001. Shc signaling in differentiating neural progenitor cells. Nat Neurosci 4: 579–586. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Diminished Sonic hedgehog signaling and lack of floor plate differentiation in Gli2 mutant mice. Development 125: 2533–2543. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Cellular signaling by fibroblast growth factor receptors. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 16: 139–149. , , .
- 2007. RaLP, a new member of the Src homology and collagen family, regulates cell migration and tumor growth of metastatic melanomas. Cancer Res 67: 3064–3073. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Positive and negative regulation of antigen receptor signaling by the Shc family of protein adapters. Immunol Rev 232: 115–134. , , .
- 2007. Scratching the surface of skin development. Nature 445: 834–842. .
- 2005. Bones and cartilage: developmental skeletal biology, 1st ed. San Diego: Academic Press. 792 p. .
- 2007. Combinatorial ShcA docking interactions support diversity in tissue morphogenesis. Science 317: 251–256. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Analysis of a Shc family adaptor protein, ShcD/Shc4, that associates with muscle-specific kinase. Mol Cell Biol 27: 4759–4773. , , , , , , , .
- 1992. The atlas of mouse development, 1st ed. San Diego: Academic Press. 512 p. .
- 1994. An alternative to SH2 domains for binding tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins. Science 266: 1862–1865. , .
- 1998. Differential signaling and regulation of apical vs. basolateral EGFR in polarized epithelial cells. Am J Physiol 275: C1419–1428. , , , , , , .
- 2000. The ShcA phosphotyrosine docking protein sensitizes cardiovascular signaling in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev 14: 1132–1145. , .
- 1999. The neural crest, 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 472 p. , .
- 2000. Evolution of Shc functions from nematode to human. Curr Opin Genet Dev 10: 668–674. , , , .
- 2006. Neural-specific inactivation of ShcA results in increased embryonic neural progenitor apoptosis and microencephaly. J Neurosci 26: 7885–7897. , , , , .
- 2005. An ideal society? Neighbors of diverse origins interact to create and maintain complex mini-organs in the skin. PLoS Biol 3: e372. .
- 2005. Hippocampal synaptic modulation by the phosphotyrosine adapter protein ShcC/N-Shc via interaction with the NMDA receptor. J Neurosci 25: 1826–1835. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. N-Shc: a neural-specific adapter molecule that mediates signaling from neurotrophin/Trk to Ras/MAPK pathway. Oncogene 13: 1111–1121. , , , , , .
- 1998. N-Shc and Sck, two neuronally expressed Shc adapter homologs. Their differential regional expression in the brain and roles in neurotrophin and Src signaling. J Biol Chem 273: 6960–6967. , , , .
- 1996. A mammalian adaptor protein with conserved Src homology 2 and phosphotyrosine-binding domains is related to Shc and is specifically expressed in the brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93: 2729–2734. , , , , .
- 2002. FGF signaling pathways in endochondral and intramembranous bone development and human genetic disease. Genes Dev 16: 1446–1465. , .
- 1992. A novel transforming protein (SHC) with an SH2 domain is implicated in mitogenic signal transduction. Cell 70: 93–104. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. A family of Shc related proteins with conserved PTB, CH1 and SH2 regions. Oncogene 13: 633–641. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Comparative expression profiles of ShcB and ShcC phosphotyrosine adapter molecules in the adult brain. Neuroscience 133: 105–115. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Neural-specific inactivation of ShcA functions results in anatomical disorganization of subventricular zone neural stem cell niche in the adult brain. Neuroscience 168: 314–322. , , , , , .
- 2002. Sck is expressed in endothelial cells and participates in vascular endothelial growth factor-induced signaling. Oncogene 21: 6307–6316. , , , , , .
- 2001. Signaling via Shc family adapter proteins. Oncogene 20: 6322–6330. .
- 2000. The mammalian ShcB and ShcC phosphotyrosine docking proteins function in the maturation of sensory and sympathetic neurons. Neuron 28: 819–833. , , , , , .
- 2009. Rai acts as a negative regulator of autoimmunity by inhibiting antigen receptor signaling and lymphocyte activation. J Immunol 182: 301–308. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Pluripotent neural crest stem cells in the adult hair follicle. Dev Dyn 231: 258–269. , , , .
- 2008. Expression of the Rai (Shc C) adaptor protein in the human enteric nervous system. Neurogastroenterol Motil 20: 206–212. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Overexpression of Spry1 in chondrocytes causes attenuated FGFR ubiquitination and sustained ERK activation resulting in chondrodysplasia. Dev Biol 321: 64–76. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. p66(ShcA) and oxidative stress modulate myogenic differentiation and skeletal muscle regeneration after hind limb ischemia. J Biol Chem 282: 31453–31459. , , , , , , , , .