Special Issue Techniques
High resolution three-dimensional imaging: Evidence for cell cycle reentry in regenerating skeletal muscle
Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2011
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Issue on Limb Development
Volume 240, Issue 5, pages 1233–1239, May 2011
How to Cite
Calve, S. and Simon, H.-G. (2011), High resolution three-dimensional imaging: Evidence for cell cycle reentry in regenerating skeletal muscle. Dev. Dyn., 240: 1233–1239. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22530
- Issue online: 20 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 3 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 NOV 2010
- DARPA. Grant Number: Restorative Injury Repair BAA04-12 Addendum B; Grant sponsor: The Chicago Community Trust
- 2005. Optimal processing method to obtain four-color confocal fluorescent images of the cytoskeleton and nucleus in three-dimensional chondrocyte cultures. J Histochem Cytochem 53: 1171–1175. , , , .
- 2005. Appendage regeneration in adult vertebrates and implications for regenerative medicine. Science 310: 1919–1923. , .
- 2010. A transitional extracellular matrix instructs cell behavior during muscle regeneration. Dev Biol 344: 259–271. , , .
- 2009. Volume reconstruction of large tissue specimens from serial physical sections using confocal microscopy and correction of cutting deformations by elastic registration. Microsc Res Tech 72: 110–119. , , , , , .
- 2004. A novel staining method for quantification and 3D visualisation of capillaries and muscle fibres. Eur J Histochem 48: 151–158. , , , .
- 2004. Cellular and molecular regulation of muscle regeneration. Physiol Rev 84: 209–238. , .
- 1959. Electron microscopic observations of muscle dedifferentiation in regenerating Amblystoma limbs. Dev Biol 1: 555–585. .
- 2009. 3D visualization and measurement of capillaries supplying metabolically different fiber types in the rat extensor digitorum longus muscle during denervation and reinnervation. J Histochem Cytochem 57: 437–447. , , , , .
- 2009. Cells keep a memory of their tissue origin during axolotl limb regeneration. Nature 460: 60–69. , , , , , , .
- 2004. The regenerative plasticity of isolated urodele myofibers and its dependence on Msx1. PLoS Biol 2: 1168–1176. , , , .
- 1993. Reversal of muscle differentiation during urodele limb regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90: 7230–7234. , , .
- 2001. An improved method for preparing thick sections for immuno/histochemistry and confocal microscopy and its use to identify rare events. J Microsc 203: 223–226. , , , , , .
- 2006. Salamander limb regeneration involves the activation of a multipotent skeletal muscle satellite cell population. J Cell Sci 172: 433–440. , , , .
- 2002. Inducing cellular dedifferentiation: a potential method for enhancing endogenous regeneration in mammals. Semin Cell Dev Biol 13: 335–343. .
- 2000. Dedifferentiation of mammalian myotubes induced by msx1. Cell 103: 1099–1109. , , .
- 1990. An extracellular matrix molecule of newt and axolotl regenerating limb blastemas and embryonic limb buds: immunological relationship of MT1 antigen with tenascin. Development 108: 657–668. , , .
- 2008. A chemical method for fast and sensitive detection of DNA synthesis in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105: 2415–2420. , .
- 2003. The basement membrane/basal lamina of skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem 278: 12601–12604. .
- 1995. Differential expression of myogenic regulatory genes and Msx-1 during dedifferentiation and redifferentiation of regenerating amphibian limbs. Dev Dyn 202: 1–12. , , , , , .