Role of chromatin remodeling gene Cecr2 in neurulation and inner ear development
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 240, Issue 2, pages 372–383, February 2011
How to Cite
Dawe, C. E., Kooistra, M. K., Fairbridge, N. A., Pisio, A. C. and McDermid, H. E. (2011), Role of chromatin remodeling gene Cecr2 in neurulation and inner ear development. Dev. Dyn., 240: 372–383. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22547
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 DEC 2010
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). Grant Number: MOP64361
- 2000. What does ‘chromatin remodeling’ mean? Trends Biochem Sci 25: 548–555. , .
- 2005. CECR2, a protein involved in neurulation, forms a novel chromatin remodeling complex with SNF2L. Hum Mol Genet 14: 513–524. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Folic acid, methylation and neural tube closure in humans. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85: 295–302. .
- 2000. A Brg1 null mutation in the mouse reveals functional differences among mammalian SWI/SNF complexes. Mol Cell 6: 1287–1295. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Prickle 1 regulates cell movements during gastrulation and neuronal migration in zebrafish. Development 130: 4037–4046. , , , , , .
- 2005. Crooked tail (Cd) model of human folate-responsive neural tube defects is mutated in Wnt coreceptor lipoprotein receptor-related protein 6. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102: 12843–12848. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. The genetic basis of mammalian neurulation. Nat Rev Genet 4: 784–793. , , .
- 2003. Mutation of Celsr1 disrupts planar polarity of inner ear hair cells and causes severe neural tube defects in the mouse. Curr Biol 13: 1129–1133. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Modifier locus for exencephaly in Cecr2 mutant mice is syntenic to the 10q25.3 region associated with neural tube defects in humans. Physiol Genomics 31: 244–251. , , , , .
- 2006. Current perspectives on the genetic causes of neural tube defects. Neurogenetics 7: 201–221. , , , .
- 2008. Murine dishevelled 3 functions in redundant pathways with dishevelled 1 and 2 in normal cardiac outflow tract, cochlea, and neural tube development. PLoS Genet 4: e1000259. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Cecr2 mutations causing exencephaly trigger misregulation of mesenchymal/ectodermal transcription factors. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88: 619–625. , , , , , .
- 2004. Planar polarity from flies to vertebrates. J Cell Sci 117: 527–533. , .
- 1982. A genetic analysis of the determination of cuticular polarity during development in Drosophila melanogaster. J Embryol Exp Morphol 68: 37–57. , .
- 2002. Dishevelled 2 is essential for cardiac outflow tract development, somite segmentation and neural tube closure. Development 129: 5827–5838. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Mouse mutants with neural tube closure defects and their role in understanding human neural tube defects. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 79: 187–210. , .
- 2007. Loss of Fgfr3 leads to excess hair cell development in the mouse organ of Corti. Dev Dyn 236: 525–533. , , .
- 2008. Hesr1 and Hesr2 may act as early effectors of Notch signaling in the developing cochlea. Dev Biol 316: 87–99. , , , , , .
- 2010. Emx2 and early hair cell development in the mouse inner ear. Dev Biol 340: 547–556. , , , , , .
- 2007. Planar cell polarity signaling in vertebrates. Bioessays 29: 120–132. , .
- 2007. Shaping the mammalian auditory sensory organ by the planar cell polarity pathway. Int J Dev Biol 51: 535–547. , .
- 2001. Ltap, a mammalian homolog of Drosophila Strabismus/Van Gogh, is altered in the mouse neural tube mutant Loop-tail. Nat Genet 28: 251–255. , , , , , .
- 2001. Srg3, a mouse homolog of yeast SWI3, is essential for early embryogenesis and involved in brain development. Mol Cell Biol 21: 7787–7795. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. PTK7/CCK-4 is a novel regulator of planar cell polarity in vertebrates. Nature 430: 93–98. , , , , , .
- 2009. Drosophila lowfat, a novel modulator of Fat signaling. Development 136: 3223–3233. , , .
- 2010. Sec24b selectively sorts Vangl2 to regulate planar cell polarity during neural tube closure. Nat Cell Biol 12: 41–46; sup pp 41–48. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Murine Lix1, a novel marker for substantia nigra, cortical layer 5, and hindbrain structures. Brain Res Gene Expr Patterns 1: 199–203. , , , , .
- 2003. Identification of Vangl2 and Scrb1 as planar polarity genes in mammals. Nature 423: 173–177. , , , , , .
- 2010. The relationship between sonic Hedgehog signaling, cilia, and neural tube defects. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88: 633–652. , .
- 2001. Severe neural tube defects in the loop-tail mouse result from mutation of Lpp1, a novel gene involved in floor plate specification. Hum Mol Genet 10: 2593–2601. , , , , .
- 2009. Regulation of planar cell polarity by Smurf ubiquitin ligases. Cell 137: 295–307. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. The planar cell-polarity gene stbm regulates cell behaviour and cell fate in vertebrate embryos. Nat Cell Biol 4: 20–25. , .
- 2007. Disruption of fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 signaling results in defects in cellular differentiation, neuronal patterning, and hearing impairment. Dev Dyn 236: 1905–1917. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Wnt5a functions in planar cell polarity regulation in mice. Dev Biol 306: 121–133. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Disruption of Bardet-Biedl syndrome ciliary proteins perturbs planar cell polarity in vertebrates. Nat Genet 37: 1135–1140. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. The ankyrin repeat protein Diversin recruits Casein kinase Iepsilon to the beta-catenin degradation complex and acts in both canonical Wnt and Wnt/JNK signaling. Genes Dev 16: 2073–2084. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Frizzled/PCP signalling: a conserved mechanism regulating cell polarity and directed motility. Nat Rev Genet 8: 126–138. , .
- 1976. Vitamin dificiencies and neural tube defects. Arch Dis Child 51: 944–950. , , .
- 2007. Lrp6 is required for convergent extension during Xenopus gastrulation. Development 134: 4095–4106. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Tissue, cellular and sub-cellular localization of the Vangl2 protein during embryonic development: effect of the Lp mutation. Gene Expr Patterns 7: 346–354. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Genetic interaction between members of the Vangl family causes neural tube defects in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105: 3449–3454. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Tissue/planar cell polarity in vertebrates: new insights and new questions. Development 134: 647–658. , .
- 2005. Regulation of polarized extension and planar cell polarity in the cochlea by the vertebrate PCP pathway. Nat Genet 37: 980–985. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006a. Dishevelled genes mediate a conserved mammalian PCP pathway to regulate convergent extension during neurulation. Development 133: 1767–1778. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006b. The role of Frizzled3 and Frizzled6 in neural tube closure and in the planar polarity of inner-ear sensory hair cells. J Neurosci 26: 2147–2156. , , .
- 2002. Frizzled-3 is required for the development of major fiber tracts in the rostral CNS. J Neurosci 22: 8563–8573. , , , , .
- 2001. Hes1 and Hes5 activities are required for the normal development of the hair cells in the mammalian inner ear. J Neurosci 21: 4712–4720. , , , , , , .