Jae-Hwan Kim and Jong-Yi Park are equal contributors to this work.
Developmental arrest of scNT-derived fetuses by disruption of the developing endometrial gland as a result of impaired trophoblast migration and invasiveness
Version of Record online: 8 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Endoderm
Volume 240, Issue 3, pages 627–639, March 2011
How to Cite
Kim, J.-H., Park, J.-Y., Park, M.-R., Hwang, K.-C., Park, K.-K., Park, C., Cho, S.-K., Lee, H.-C., Song, H., Park, S.-B., Kim, T. and Kim, J.-H. (2011), Developmental arrest of scNT-derived fetuses by disruption of the developing endometrial gland as a result of impaired trophoblast migration and invasiveness. Dev. Dyn., 240: 627–639. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22568
- Issue online: 17 FEB 2011
- Version of Record online: 8 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 DEC 2010
- RDA, Republic of Korea. Grant Numbers: PJ007189, PJ007065
- 1990. Basic local alignment search tool. J Mol Biol 215: 403–410. , , , , .
- 2006. Somatic cell nuclear transfer alters peri-implantation trophoblast differentiation in bovine embryos. Reproduction 132: 279–290. , , , , .
- 1999. Production of goats by somatic cell nuclear transfer. Nat Biotechnol 17: 456–461. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. PROSITE: recent developments. Nucleic Acids Res 22: 3583–3589. , .
- 1993. Early uterine development in pigs. Reprod Fertil 48( Suppl): 99–116. , , , , .
- 1999. Uterine differentiation as a foundation for subsequent fertility. J Reprod Fertil 54( Suppl): 287–302. , , , , , , .
- 2009. The endometrium responds differently to cloned versus fertilized embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 106: 5681–5686. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Human early placental development: potential roles of the endometrial glands. Placenta 28 Suppl A: S64–69. , , .
- 2006. Should fertilization treatment start with reducing stress? Hum Reprod 21: 1651–1658. .
- 2001. Molecular cloning and characterization of canine metalloproteinase-9 gene promoter. Gene 273: 81–87. , , , .
- 2006. Proteomic analysis of the extraembryonic tissue from cloned porcine embryos. Mol Cell Proteomics 5: 1559–1566. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Aberrant expression of developmentally important signaling molecules in cloned porcine extraembryonic tissues. Proteomics 8: 2724–2734. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Serial cloning of pigs by somatic cell nuclear transfer: restoration of phenotypic normality during serial cloning. Dev Dyn 236: 3369–3382. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Murine male germ cell apoptosis induced by busulfan treatment correlates with loss of c-kit-expression in a Fas/FasL- and p53-independent manner. FEBS Lett 575: 41–51. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Factors regulating trophoblast invasion. Gynecol Obstet Invest 64: 126–130. , .
- 2005. How to make a placenta: mechanisms of trophoblast cell differentiation in mice-a review. Plaecnta 26( Suppl A): S3–9. .
- 1994. Implantation and the placenta: key pieces of the development puzzle. Science 266: 1508–1518. , , .
- 2001. Evaluation of gestational deficiencies in cloned sheep fetuses and placentae. Biol Reprod 65: 23–30. , , , , , .
- 2001. Conservation of methylation reprogramming in mammalian development: aberrant reprogramming in cloned embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98: 13734–13738. , , , , , , .
- 2004. The effect of episodic anxiety on an in vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection treatment outcome: a pilot study. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 25: 57–65. , , , .
- 2007. Molecular circuits shared by placental and cancer cells, and their implications in the proliferative, invasive and migratory capacities of trophoblasts. Hum Reprod Update 13: 121–141. , , , , .
- 2002. Angiopoietin-2 is required for postnatal angiogenesis and lymphatic patterning, and only the latter role is rescued by angiopoietin-1. Dev Cell 3: 411–423. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Early embryonic survival in pig: can it be improved? J Anim Sci 80( E. Suppl. 1): E54–65. , .
- 1997. Regulation of conceptus development and attachment in pigs. J Reprod Fertil Suppl 52: 133–149. , .
- 1982. Establishment of pregnancy in the pig: II. Cellular remodeling of the porcine blastocyst during elongation on day 12 of pregnancy. Biol Reprod 27: 941–955. , , , .
- 2000. Ovine uterine gland knock-out model: Effects of gland ablation on the estrous cycle. Biol Reprod 62: 448–456. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Developmental biology of uterine glands. Biol Reprod 65: 1311–1323. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Evidence that an absence of endometrial gland secretions in uterine gland knockout (UGKO) ewes compromises conceptus survival and elongation. Reproduction 124: 289–300. , , , , .
- 1998. NetOglyc: prediction of mucin type O-glycosylation sites based on sequence context and surface accessibility. Glycoconj J 15: 115–130. , , , , , .
- 1999. Matrix metalloproteinases increase very early during experimental focal cerebral ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 19: 624–633. , , , , , .
- 2005. Nuclear transfer: a new tool for reproductive biotechnology in cattle. Reprod Nutr Dev 45: 353–361. .
- 2002. Frequency and occurrence of late-gestation losses from cattle cloned embryos. Biol Reprod 66: 6–13. , , , , , .
- 2004. Tissue-specific elevated genomic cytosine methylation levels are associated with an overgrowth phenotype of bovine fetuses derived by in vitro techniques. Biol Reprod 71: 217–223. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Measures of maternal-fetal interaction in day-30 bovine pregnancies derived from nuclear transfer. Cloning Stem Cells 7: 289–305. , , , , , , .
- 1991. Complete structure of the human gene for 92-kDa type IV collagenase. Divergent regulation of expression for the 92- and 72 kilodalton enzyme genes in HT-1080 cells. J Biol Chem 266: 16485–16490. , , , , , .
- 2009. Depigmentation of skin and hair color in the somatic cell cloned pig. Dev Dyn 238: 1701–1708. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Pregnancy loss and endometriosis: pathogenic role of anti-laminin-1 autoantibodies. Ann NY Acad Sci 1051: 174–184. , , , , .
- 2003. Expression and activity of matrix metalloproteinase 2 and 9 in human trophoblasts. Placenta 24: 53–64. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Eight calves cloned from somatic cells of a single adult. Science 282: 2095–2098. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Cloning and molecular dissection of the 8.8 kb pig uroplakin II promoter using transgenic mice and RT4 cells. J Cell Biochem 99: 462–477. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Production of alpha-1,3-galactosyltransferase knockout pigs by nuclear transfer cloning. Science 295: 1089–1092. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Cloned cattle fetuses with the same nuclear genetics are more variable than contemporary half-siblings resulting from artificial insemination and exhibit fetal and placental growth deregulation even in the first trimester. Biol Reprod 70: 1–11. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Comparative proteomic analysis associated with term placental insufficiency in cloned pig. Proteomics 7: 1303–1315. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Reproductive loss in high-producing dairy cattle where will it end. J Dairy Sci 84: 1277–1293. .
- 1993. Mouse gelatinase B. cDNA cloning, regulation of expression and glycosylation in WEHI-3 macrophages and gene organisation. Eur J Biochem 218: 129–141. , , , , .
- 2000. Pig cloning by microinjection of fetal fibroblast nuclei. Science 289: 1188–1190. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Ontogeny of cloned cattle to lactation. Biol Reprod 67: 334–339. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Comparative proteomic analysis of malformed umbilical cords from somatic cell nuclear transfer-derived piglets: implications for early postnatal death. BMC Genomics 10: 511. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. A rare and often unrecognized cerebromeningitis and hemodynamic disorder: a major cause of sudden death in somatic cell cloned piglets. Proteomics 5: 1928–1939. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Polypoid endometriosis: a clinicopathologic analysis of 24 cases and a review of the literature. Am J Surg Pathol 28: 285–297. , , , .
- 1994. Embryonic mortality in swine. In: ZavyMT, GeisertRD, editors. Embryonic mortality in domestic species. Boca Raton, CRC Press. p 53–78. .
- 1985. Factors affecting the survival of pig embryos. Theriogenology 54: 35–45. , .
- 1982. Intrauterine migration of the porcine embryo: influence of estradiol-17 beta and histamine. Biol Reprod 27: 575–579. , , .
- 1997. Molecular genetics of implantation in the mouse. Dev Genet 21: 6–20. , , .
- 1989. Molecular cloning: a laboratory manual. Cold Spring Harbor, NY: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press. , , .
- 2003. Epigenetic marking correlates with developmental potential in cloned bovine preimplantation embryos. Curr Biol 13: 1116–1121. , , , , , , , .
- 1993. v-Src activates the expression of 92-kDa type IV collagenase gene through the AP-1 site and the GT box homologous to retinoblastoma control elements. A mechanism regulating gene expression independent of that by inflammatory cytokines. J Biol Chem 268: 23460–23468. , , .
- 1997. Human factor IX transgenic sheep produced by transfer of nuclei from transfected fetal fibroblasts. Science 278: 2130–2133. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. PipMaker-a web server for aligning two genomic DNA sequences. Genome Res 10: 577–586. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Epigenetic reprogramming in mammalian nuclear transfer. Differentiation 71: 91–113. , , .
- 1998. SMART, a simple modular architecture research tool: identification of signaling domains. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95: 5857–5864. , , , .
- 2010. Uterine and placental factors regulating conceptus growth in domestic animals. J Anim Sci( E-Suppl): E4–E13. , .
- 2004. Implantation mechanisms: insights from the sheep. Reproduction 128: 657–668. , , , .
- 2005. Human trophoblast function during the implantation process. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3: 56. , .
- 1999. HGF: a multifunctional growth factor controlling cell scattering. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31: 1357–1362. , .
- 1990. Embryonic and uterine development during early pregnancy in pigs. J Reprod Fertil Suppl 40: 261–277. , .
- 2003. VEGF and PIGF: two pleiotropic growth factors with distinct roles in development and homeostasis. Cell Tissue Res 314: 5–14. , , , .
- 2009. Relationship between developmental ability and cell number of day 2 porcine embryos produced by parthenogenesis or somatic cell nuclear transfer. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 22: 483–491. , , , , , .
- 1997. Production of cloned lambs from an established embryonic cell line: a comparison between in vivo- and in vitro-matured cytoplasts. Biol Reprod 57: 385–393. , , , .
- 1999. Production of cloned calves following nuclear transfer with cultured adult mural granulosa cells. Biol Reprod 60: 996–1005. , , .
- 2003. Somatic cell nuclear transfer. Oncol Res 13: 303–307. , .
- 1997. Viable offspring derived from fetal and adult mammalian cells. Nature 385: 810–813. , , , , .
- 2003. Angiogenesis during primate placentation in health and disease. Reproduction 126: 569–577. , , , .
- 2003. Nuclear remodeling and the developmental potential of nuclear transferred porcine oocytes under delayed-activated conditions. Zygote 11: 167–174. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. The human placenta remodels the uterus by using a combination of molecules that govern vasculogenesis or leukocyte extravasation. Ann N Y Acad Sci 995: 73–83. , , .