Michaela Mickoleit and Torsten U. Banisch contributed equally to this work.
Patterns & Phenotypes
Regulation of hub mRNA stability and translation by miR430 and the dead end protein promotes preferential expression in zebrafish primordial germ cells
Article first published online: 17 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Focus on Endoderm
Volume 240, Issue 3, pages 695–703, March 2011
How to Cite
Mickoleit, M., Banisch, T. U. and Raz, E. (2011), Regulation of hub mRNA stability and translation by miR430 and the dead end protein promotes preferential expression in zebrafish primordial germ cells. Dev. Dyn., 240: 695–703. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22571
- Issue published online: 17 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 17 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 DEC 2010
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
- Max-Planck Society
- 2009. Participation of xenopus Elr-type proteins in vegetal mRNA localization during oogenesis. J Biol Chem 284: 19982–19992. , , , , , .
- 2004. Post-transcriptional regulation in cancer. Biol Cell 96: 479–498. , .
- 2005. Transition from non-motile behaviour to directed migration during early PGCs development in zebrafish. J Cell Sci 118: 4027–4038. , , , , , , .
- 2005. The developmental miRNA profiles of zebrafish as determined by small RNA cloning. Genes Dev 19: 1288–1293. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The xenopus ELAV protein ElrB represses Vg1 mRNA translation during oogenesis. Mol Cell Biol 25: 9028–9039. , , .
- 1992. The expression of the Hu (paraneoplastic encephalomyelitis/sensory neuronopathy) antigen in human normal and tumor tissues. Am J Pathol 141: 881–886. , , , .
- 1990. Detection of the anti-Hu antibody in the serum of patients with small cell lung cancer: a quantitative western blot analysis. Ann Neurol 27: 544–552. , , , , .
- 2008. Zebrafish primordial germ cell cultures derived from vasa::RFP transgenic embryos. Stem Cells Dev 3: 585–597. , , , , .
- 2008. Mechanisms of post-transcriptional regulation by microRNAs: the answers in sight? Nature Rev Gen 9: 102–114. , , .
- 2005. MicroRNAs regulate brain morphogenesis in zebrafish. Science 308: 833–837. , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Zebrafish miR-430 promotes deadenylation and clearance of maternal mRNAs. Sci 312: 75–79. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. A conserved family of elav-like genes in vertebrates. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92: 4557–4561. .
- 1994. Two-color whole-mount in situ hybridization to vertebrate and Drosophila embryos. Trend Genet 10: 266. , .
- 2008. Diverse molecular functions of Hu proteins. Cell Mol Life Sci 65: 3168–3181. , .
- 2000. Germ plasm and molecular determinants of germ cell fate. Curr Top Dev Biol 50: 155–181. , .
- 1994. Whole-mount in situ hybridizations on zebrafish embryos using a mixture of dioxigenin- and fluorescein-labelled probes. Trends Genet 10: 73–74. , .
- 2007. RNA-binding protein Dnd1 inhibits microRNA access to target mRNA. Cell 131: 1273–1286. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. RNA regulons: coordination of post-transcriptional events. Nature Rev Gen 8: 533–543. .
- 1995. Stages of embryonic development of the zebrafish. Dev Dyn 203: 253–310. , , , , .
- 2000. Zebrafish vasa RNA but not its protein is a component of the germ plasm and segregates asymmetrically before germline specification. J Cell Biol 149: 875–888. , , , , .
- 2010. Elr-type proteins protect Xenopus Dead end mRNA from miR-18 mediated clearance in the soma. 2010. PNAS 107: 16148–16153. , , , , .
- 2001. A zebrafish nanos-related gene is essential for the development of primordial germ cells. Genes Dev 15: 2877–2885. , , , .
- 2004. RISC is a 5′ phosphomonoester-producing RNA endonuclease. Genes Dev 18: 975–980. , .
- 2006. Differential regulation of germline mRNAs in soma and germ cells by zebrafish miR-430. Curr Biol 16: 2135–2142. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Structural comparison of zebrafish ELAV/Hu and their differential expressions during neurogenesis. Neurosc Lett 279: 81–84. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Primordial germ-cell development: the zebrafish perspective. Nature 4: 690–700. .
- 1999. Germline development in vertebrates and invertebrates. Cell Mol Life Sci 55: 1141–1163. , .
- 2006. Designing siRNA that distinguish between genes that differ by a single nucleotide. PLoS Gen 2: 1307–1318. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Widespread changes in protein synthesis induced by microRNAs. Nature 455: 58–63. , , , , , .
- 2009. Control of Dnd localization and activity: Implications for the function of the protein in antagonizing miRNA function. Mech Dev 126: 270–277. , , , , , .
- 1991. HuD, a paraneoplastic encephalomyelitis antigen, contains RNA-binding domains and is homologous to Elav and Sex-lethal. Cell 67: 325–333. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Dead end, a novel germ plasm component, is required for zebrafish primordial germ cell migration and survival. Curr Biol 13: 1429–1434. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Zebrafish vasa homologue RNA is localized to the cleavage planes of 2- and 4-cell-stage embryos and is expressed in the primordial germ cells. Development 124: 3157–3165. , , .