Special Issue Patterns & Phenotypes
3D expression patterns of cell cycle genes in the developing chick wing and comparison with expression patterns of genes implicated in digit specification
Version of Record online: 20 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Special Issue on Limb Development
Volume 240, Issue 5, pages 1278–1288, May 2011
How to Cite
Welten, M., Pavlovska, G., Chen, Y., Teruoka, Y., Fisher, M., Bangs, F., Towers, M. and Tickle, C. (2011), 3D expression patterns of cell cycle genes in the developing chick wing and comparison with expression patterns of genes implicated in digit specification. Dev. Dyn., 240: 1278–1288. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22633
- Issue online: 20 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 20 APR 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 MAR 2011
- BBSRC. Grant Number: BB/G00093X/1
- MRC. Grant Number: G9806660 and G0801092
- The Royal Society
- 2010. Identification of genes downstream of the Shh signalling in the developing chick wing and syn-expressed with Hoxd13 using microarray and 3D computational analysis. Mech Dev 127: 428–441. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Direct induction of cyclin D2 by Myc contributes to cell cycle progression and sequestration of p27. EMBO J 18: 5321–5333. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Expression of the transcription factor slug correlates with growth of the limb bud and is regulated by FGF-4 and retinoic acid. Int J Dev Biol 41: 559–568. , , , , .
- 1980. Cell cycle and experimental pattern duplication in the chick wing during embryonic development. Nature 287: 697–701. , .
- 1977. Polarizing activity in limb buds of amniotes. In: EdeDA, HincliffeJR, BallsM, editors. Vertebrate limb and somite morphogenesis. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. , .
- 2008. Integrating technologies for comparing 3D gene expression domains in the developing chick limb. Dev Biol 317: 13–23. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Comparative analysis of 3D expression patterns of transcription factor genes in the developing chick wing and digit fate maps. PLoS ONE (in press). , , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Expression of genes encoding bone morphogenetic proteins and sonic hedgehog in talpid (ta3) limb buds: their relationships in the signalling cascade involved in limb patterning. Dev Dyn 203: 187–197. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 1998. Tbx genes and limb identity in chick embryo development. Development 125: 1867–1875. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Hedgehog target genes: mechanisms of carcinogenesis induced by aberrant hedgehog signaling activation. Curr Mol Med 9:873–886. , .
- 2005. PCNA in situ hybridisation: a novel and reliable tool for detection of dynamic changes in proliferative activity. Histochem Cell Biol 123: 315–327. , , .
- 2002. Shh and Gli3 are dispensable for limb skeleton formation but regulate digit number and identity. Nature 418: 979–983. , , , , .
- 2002. The snail superfamily of zinc-finger transcription factors. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3: 155–166. .
- 1996. In situ hybridization analysis of chick embryos in whole mount and tissue sections. Methods Cell Biol 51:219–235. , , .
- 1993. Sonic hedgehog mediates the polarizing activity of the ZPA. Cell 75: 1401–1416. , , , .
- 1997. Slug, a zinc finger gene previously implicated in the early patterning of the mesoderm and the neural crest, is also involved in chick limb development. Development 124: 1821–1829 , , .
- 1968. Ectoderm-mesenchymal interaction in the origins of wing symmetry. In: FleischmajerR, BillinghamRE, editors. Epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins. p 19. , .
- 2002. Optical projection tomography as a tool for 3D microscopy and gene expression studies. Science 296: 541–545. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Progression of vertebrate limb development through SHH-mediated counteraction of GLI3. Science 298: 827–830. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Making digit patterns in the vertebrate limb. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7: 45–53. .
- 2008. Integration of growth and specification in chick wing digit-patterning. Nature 452: 882–886. , , , .
- 2009. Expression of E2F transcription factor family genes during chick wing development. Gene Expression Patterns 9: 528–531. , , .
- 1997. Cell fate in the chick limb bud and relationship to gene expression. Development 124: 1909–1918. , , , , , .
- 2008. A genome-scale analysis of the cis-regulatory circuitry underlying sonic hedgehog-mediated patterning of the mammalian limb. Genes Dev 22: 2651–2663. , , , .
- 1969. Positional information and the spatial pattern of cellular formation. J Theor Biol 25: 1–47. .
- 2010. Oriented cell motility and division underlie early limb bud morphogenesis. Development 137: 2551–2558. , , , , , .
- 2009. The Talpid3 gene (KIAA0586) encodes a centrosomal protein that is essential for primary cilia formation. Development 136: 655–664. , , , , , , , , , , .