This article was accepted for inclusion in the Special Issue on Limb Development – Developmental Dynamics 240#5.
Patterns & Phenotypes
The Prx1 limb enhancers: Targeted gene expression in developing zebrafish pectoral fins†
Article first published online: 14 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 240, Issue 8, pages 1977–1988, August 2011
How to Cite
Hernández-Vega, A. and Minguillón, C. (2011), The Prx1 limb enhancers: Targeted gene expression in developing zebrafish pectoral fins. Dev. Dyn., 240: 1977–1988. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22678
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 14 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 MAY 2011
- Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. Grant Number: BFU2008-00022
- 2010. Identification and characterisation of the developmental expression pattern of tbx5b, a novel tbx5 gene in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns 10: 24–30. , , .
- 1998. Zebrafish hox clusters and vertebrate genome evolution. Science 282: 1711–1714. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Patterning mechanisms controlling vertebrate limb development. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 17: 87–132. , .
- 1993. A 5′ element of the chicken beta-globin domain serves as an insulator in human erythroid cells and protects against position effect in Drosophila. Cell 74: 505–514. , , .
- 2006a. Conservation of RET regulatory function from human to zebrafish without sequence similarity. Science 312: 276–279. , , , , .
- 2006b. Evaluating the biological relevance of putative enhancers using Tol2 transposon-mediated transgenesis in zebrafish. Nat Protoc 1: 1297–1305. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Optical sectioning deep inside live embryos by selective plane illumination microscopy. Science 305: 1007–1009. , , , , .
- 2009. Promoter analysis of ventricular myosin heavy chain (vmhc) in zebrafish embryos. Dev Dyn 238: 1760–1767. , , , , .
- 2004a. A transposon-mediated gene trap approach identifies developmentally regulated genes in zebrafish. Dev Cell 7: 133–144. , , , , , .
- 2004b. Sp8 and Sp9, two closely related buttonhead-like transcription factors, regulate Fgf8 expression and limb outgrowth in vertebrate embryos. Development 131: 4763–4774. , , , , , .
- 1995. Stages of embryonic development of the zebrafish. Dev Dyn 203: 253–310. , , , , .
- 1994. The expression pattern of the chick homeobox gene gMHox suggests a role in patterning of the limbs and face and in compartmentalization of somites. Dev Biol 161: 357–369. , , , , , .
- 2007. The Tol2kit: a multisite gateway-based construction kit for Tol2 transposon transgenesis constructs. Dev Dyn 236: 3088–3099. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Fgf signaling instructs position-dependent growth rate during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development 132: 5173–5183. , , , , .
- 1995. Expression patterns of the paired-related homeobox genes MHox/Prx1 and S8/Prx2 suggest roles in development of the heart and the forebrain. Mech Dev 52: 51–64. , , , , , .
- 2002. Expression of Cre Recombinase in the developing mouse limb bud driven by a Prxl enhancer. Genesis 33: 77–80. , , , , , .
- 1999. Paired-related homeobox genes cooperate in handplate and hindlimb zeugopod morphogenesis. Dev Biol 205: 145–157. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Transcriptome analysis of the response to chronic constant hypoxia in zebrafish hearts. J Comp Physiol B 178: 77–92. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Identification of a prx1 limb enhancer. Genesis 26: 225–229. , .
- 1995. The paired-like homeo box gene MHox is required for early events of skeletogenesis in multiple lineages. Genes Dev 9: 1237–1249. , , .
- 2007. Early steps of paired fin development in zebrafish compared with tetrapod limb development. Dev Growth Differ 49: 421–437. .
- 2005. Tbx5 and Tbx4 are not sufficient to determine limb-specific morphologies but have common roles in initiating limb outgrowth. Dev Cell 8: 75–84. , , .
- 2007. Transgenic Xenopus with prx1 limb enhancer reveals crucial contribution of MEK/ERK and PI3K/AKT pathways in blastema formation during limb regeneration. Dev Biol 304: 675–686. , , , .
- 2000. A guide for the laboratory use of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Eugene: University of Oregon Press. .
- 1999. Fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) and their roles in limb development. Cell Tissue Res 296: 33–43. , , , .