PCP effector proteins inturned and fuzzy play nonredundant roles in the patterning but not convergent extension of mammalian neural tube
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 240, Issue 8, pages 1938–1948, August 2011
How to Cite
Heydeck, W. and Liu, A. (2011), PCP effector proteins inturned and fuzzy play nonredundant roles in the patterning but not convergent extension of mammalian neural tube. Dev. Dyn., 240: 1938–1948. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22696
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 JUN 2011
- 1994. The Drosophila tissue polarity gene inturned functions prior to wing hair morphogenesis in the regulation of hair polarity and number. Genetics 137: 829–836. , , .
- 1997. Drosophila tissue polarity requires the cell-autonomous activity of the fuzzy gene, which encodes a novel transmembrane protein. Development 124: 4029–4037. , .
- 2005. The WD40 repeat protein fritz links cytoskeletal planar polarity to frizzled subcellular localization in the Drosophila epidermis. Genetics 169: 2035–2045. , , , .
- 2005. Vertebrate Smoothened functions at the primary cilium. Nature 437: 1018–1021. , , , , , .
- 2008. Pattern formation in the vertebrate neural tube: a sonic hedgehog morphogen-regulated transcriptional network. Development 135: 2489–2503. , , .
- 2001. The ankyrin repeat protein Diego mediates Frizzled-dependent planar polarization. Dev Cell 1: 93–101. , , , .
- 2009. The planar cell polarity effector Fuz is essential for targeted membrane trafficking, ciliogenesis and mouse embryonic development. Nat Cell Biol 11: 1225–1232. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Planar cell polarity effector gene Fuzzy regulates cilia formation and Hedgehog signal transduction in mouse. Dev Dyn 238: 3035–3042. , , .
- 2008. C2cd3 is required for cilia formation and Hedgehog signaling in mouse. Development 135: 4049–4058. , , , , , .
- 2005. Cilia and Hedgehog responsiveness in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102: 11325–11330. , .
- 2003. Hedgehog signalling in the mouse requires intraflagellar transport proteins. Nature 426: 83–87. , , , , , .
- 2009. Suppressor of Fused inhibits mammalian Hedgehog signaling in the absence of cilia. Dev Biol 330: 452–460. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Identification of a new chemically induced allele (Lp(m1Jus)) at the loop-tail locus: morphology, histology, and genetic mapping. Genomics 72: 331–337. , , , , , .
- 2010. Planar cell polarity acts through septins to control collective cell movement and ciliogenesis. Science 329: 1337–1340. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. The Drosophila segment polarity gene dishevelled encodes a novel protein required for response to the wingless signal. Genes Dev 8: 118–130. , , .
- 2005. Bone morphogenetic protein signalling and vertebrate nervous system development. Nat Rev Neurosci 6: 945–954. , .
- 2005. Mouse intraflagellar transport proteins regulate both the activator and repressor functions of Gli transcription factors. Development 132: 3103–3111. , , .
- 2004. PTK7/CCK-4 is a novel regulator of planar cell polarity in vertebrates. Nature 430: 93–98. , , , , , .
- 2003. Identification of Vangl2 and Scrb1 as planar polarity genes in mammals. Nature 423: 173–177. , , , , , .
- 2000. The Oak Ridge Polycystic Kidney (orpk) disease gene is required for left-right axis determination. Development 127: 2347–2355. , , , , , .
- 2001. Circletail, a new mouse mutant with severe neural tube defects: chromosomal localization and interaction with the loop-tail mutation. Genomics 78: 55–63. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Ciliogenesis defects in embryos lacking inturned or fuzzy function are associated with failure of planar cell polarity and Hedgehog signaling. Nat Genet 38: 303–311. , , .
- 2008. Dishevelled controls apical docking and planar polarization of basal bodies in ciliated epithelial cells. Nat Genet 40: 871–879. , , , , .
- 1996. The Drosophila tissue polarity gene inturned acts cell autonomously and encodes a novel protein. Development 122: 961–969. , , , .
- 2007. Wnt5a functions in planar cell polarity regulation in mice. Dev Biol 306: 121–133. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Planar cell polarity signaling: from fly development to human disease. Annu Rev Genet 42: 517–540. , .
- 1962. Axial elongation in the mouse and its retardation in homozygous looptail mice. J Embryol Exp Morphol 10: 73–87. , .
- 2008. Planar polarity genes in the Drosophila wing regulate the localisation of the FH3-domain protein Multiple Wing Hairs to control the site of hair production. Development 135: 3103–3111. , .
- 1998. Van Gogh: a new Drosophila tissue polarity gene. Genetics 150: 199–210. , , , .
- 1999. Flamingo, a seven-pass transmembrane cadherin, regulates planar cell polarity under the control of Frizzled. Cell 98: 585–595. , , , , , , , .
- 1989. A Drosophila tissue polarity locus encodes a protein containing seven potential transmembrane domains. Nature 338: 263–264. , , .
- 2006. Dishevelled genes mediate a conserved mammalian PCP pathway to regulate convergent extension during neurulation. Development 133: 1767–1778. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Tissue polarity genes of Drosophila regulate the subcellular location for prehair initiation in pupal wing cells. J Cell Biol 123: 209–221. , .
- 2008. The multiple-wing-hairs gene encodes a novel GBD-FH3 domain-containing protein that functions both prior to and after wing hair initiation. Genetics 180: 219–228. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Convergent extension, planar-cell-polarity signalling and initiation of mouse neural tube closure. Development 134: 789–799. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. PCP effector gene Inturned is an important regulator of cilia formation and embryonic development in mammals. Dev Biol 339: 418–428. , , .