Hepatocyte growth factor–regulated tyrosine kinase substrate (Hgs) is involved in BMP signaling through phosphorylation of smads and TAK1 in early mouse embryo
Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 240, Issue 11, pages 2474–2481, November 2011
How to Cite
Miura, S. and Mishina, Y. (2011), Hepatocyte growth factor–regulated tyrosine kinase substrate (Hgs) is involved in BMP signaling through phosphorylation of smads and TAK1 in early mouse embryo. Dev. Dyn., 240: 2474–2481. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.22750
- Issue published online: 19 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 SEP 2011
- Intramural Research Program of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Grant Number: ES071003-11
- 2007. Ubiquitin-mediated activation of TAK1 and IKK. Oncogene 26: 3214–3226. , , .
- 1997. Cerberus-like is a secreted factor with neutralizing activity expressed in the anterior primitive endoderm of the mouse gastrula. Mech Dev 68: 45–57. , , , , , , .
- 2006. The nodal precursor acting via activin receptors induces mesoderm by maintaining a source of its convertases and BMP4. Dev Cell 11: 313–323. , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Mox-1 and Mox-2 define a novel homeobox gene subfamily and are differentially expressed during early mesodermal patterning in mouse embryos. Development 116: 1123–1136. , , , , , , .
- 1996. Comparison of MSX-1 and MSX-2 suggests a molecular basis for functional redundancy. Mech Dev 55: 185–199. , , , , .
- 2006. Upregulation of ID protein by growth and differentiation factor 5 (GDF5) through a smad-dependent and MAPK-independent pathway in HUVSMC. J Mol Cell Cardiol 41: 26–33. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Differential requirements for Smad4 in TGFbeta-dependent patterning of the early mouse embryo. Development 131: 3501–3512. , , , , .
- 1994. A primary requirement for nodal in the formation and maintenance of the primitive streak in the mouse. Development 120: 1919–1928. , , , , , , .
- 2004. BMP receptor IA is required in the mammalian embryo for endodermal morphogenesis and ectodermal patterning. Dev Biol 270: 47–63. , , , , .
- 2007. BMP signalling inhibits premature neural differentiation in the mouse embryo. Development 134: 3359–3369. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Effects of bone morphogenetic protein 2 on Id expression and neuroblastoma cell differentiation. Differentiation 79: 84–92. , .
- 1995. Expression of the helix-loop-helix gene Id3 during murine embryonic development. Dev Dyn 203: 163–173. , .
- 1991. rab5 controls early endosome fusion in vitro. Cell 64: 915–925. , , , .
- 1998. The type I activin receptor ActRIB is required for egg cylinder organization and gastrulation in the mouse. Genes Dev 12: 844–857. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. The FYVE domain in Smad anchor for receptor activation (SARA) is sufficient for localization of SARA in early endosomes and regulates TGF-beta/Smad signalling. Genes Cells 7: 321–331. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. The TGF beta activated kinase TAK1 regulates vascular development in vivo. Development 133: 1529–1541. , , .
- 1996. Expression patterns of Id1, Id2, and Id3 are highly related but distinct from that of Id4 during mouse embryogenesis. Dev Dyn 207: 235–252. , , .
- 2005. BMP signaling and early embryonic patterning. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 16: 265–278. , .
- 2004. BMP signaling through ACVRI is required for left-right patterning in the early mouse embryo. Dev Biol 276: 185–193. , , , , , .
- 1999. Hrs, a FYVE finger protein localized to early endosomes, is implicated in vesicular traffic and required for ventral folding morphogenesis. Genes Dev 13: 1475–1485. , .
- 1997. Hrs, a tyrosine kinase substrate with a conserved double zinc finger domain, is localized to the cytoplasmic surface of early endosomes. J Biol Chem 272: 20538–20544. , , , .
- 1999. Requirement for Wnt3 in vertebrate axis formation. Nat Genet 22: 361–365. , , , , , .
- 2002. Hrs regulates endosome membrane invagination and tyrosine kinase receptor signaling in Drosophila. Cell 108: 261–269. , , , , , .
- 2001. The forkhead transcription factor Foxf1 is required for differentiation of extra-embryonic and lateral plate mesoderm. Development 128: 155–166. , , , .
- 2009. Phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase/Akt signal relay cooperates with smad in bone morphogenetic protein-2-induced colony stimulating factor-1 (CSF-1) expression and osteoclast differentiation. Endocrinology 150: 4989–4998. , , .
- 1995. Bmpr encodes a type I bone morphogenetic protein receptor that is essential for gastrulation during mouse embryogenesis. Genes Dev 9: 3027–3037. , , , .
- 2003. Function of bone morphogenetic protein signaling during mouse development. Front Biosci 8: d855–869. .
- 2000. Hgs (Hrs), a FYVE domain protein, is involved in Smad signaling through cooperation with SARA. Mol Cell Biol 20: 9346–9355. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. BMP signaling in the epiblast is required for proper recruitment of the prospective paraxial mesoderm and development of the somites. Development 133: 3767–3775. , , , .
- 2010. Bmpr1a is required for proper migration of the AVE through regulation of Dkk1 expression in the pre-streak mouse embryo. Dev Biol 341: 246–254. , , .
- 2002. Id: a target of BMP signaling. Sci STKE 2002: pe40. , .
- 1998. Formation of pluripotent stem cells in the mammalian embryo depends on the POU transcription factor Oct4. Cell 95: 379–391. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. The kinase TAK1 can activate the NIK-I kappaB as well as the MAP kinase cascade in the IL-1 signalling pathway. Nature 398: 252–256. , , , , , .
- 2004. A hierarchical order of factors in the generation of FLK1- and SCL-expressing hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors from embryonic stem cells. Development 131: 2749–2762. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. FYVE and coiled-coil domains determine the specific localisation of Hrs to early endosomes. J Cell Sci 114: 2255–2263. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Eomesodermin is required for mouse trophoblast development and mesoderm formation. Nature 404: 95–99. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Involvement of Hgs/Hrs in signaling for cytokine-mediated c-fos induction through interaction with TAK1 and Pak1. J Biol Chem 276: 29943–29952. , .
- 1998. Role of TAK1 and TAB1 in BMP signaling in early Xenopus development. EMBO J 17: 1019–1028. , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Wortmannin alters the transferrin receptor endocytic pathway in vivo and in vitro. Mol Biol Cell 7: 355–367. , , , .
- 2007. Inhibition of tumor growth and metastasis by depletion of vesicular sorting protein Hrs: its regulatory role on E-cadherin and beta-catenin. Cancer Res 67: 5162–5171. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Bone morphogenetic protein-4 is required for mesoderm formation and patterning in the mouse. Genes Dev 9: 2105–2116. , , , .
- 1999. XIAP, a cellular member of the inhibitor of apoptosis protein family, links the receptors to TAB1-TAK1 in the BMP signaling pathway. EMBO J 18: 179–187. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Antagonism between Smad1 and Smad2 signaling determines the site of distal visceral endoderm formation in the mouse embryo. J Cell Biol 184: 323–334. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Roles of organizer factors and BMP antagonism in mammalian forebrain establishment. Dev Biol 296: 458–475. , .
- 2007. Interleukin-1 (IL-1)-induced TAK1-dependent Versus MEKK3-dependent NFkappaB activation pathways bifurcate at IL-1 receptor-associated kinase modification. J Biol Chem 282: 6075–6089. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. BMP induction of Id proteins suppresses differentiation and sustains embryonic stem cell self-renewal in collaboration with STAT3. Cell 115: 281–292. , , , .
- 2008. Dorsomorphin inhibits BMP signals required for embryogenesis and iron metabolism. Nat Chem Biol 4: 33–41. , , , , , , , , .