Patterns & Phenotypes
Circadian clock genes Bmal1 and Clock during early chick development
Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 241, Issue 8, pages 1365–1373, August 2012
How to Cite
Gonçalves, L., Vinhas, M., Pereira, R., Pais De Azevedo, T., Bajanca, F. and Palmeirim, I. (2012), Circadian clock genes Bmal1 and Clock during early chick development. Dev. Dyn., 241: 1365–1373. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.23821
- Issue online: 17 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 JUN 2012 11:37AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JUN 2012
- FCT. Grant Numbers: SFRH/BPD/5652/2009, SFRH/BPD/17368/2004
- 2009. Expression and functional analyses of circadian genes in mouse oocytes and preimplantation embryos: Cry1 is involved in the meiotic process independently of circadian clock regulation. Biol Reprod 80: 473–483. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Expression analysis of circadian genes in oocytes and preimplantation embryos of cattle and rabbits. Anim Reprod Sci 121: 225–235. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. A targeted mouse Otx2 mutation leads to severe defects in gastrulation and formation of axial mesoderm and to deletion of rostral brain. Development 122: 243–252. , , , , , .
- 2005. Circadian rhythms from multiple oscillators: lessons from diverse organisms. Nat Rev Genet 6: 544–556. , , , , , , .
- 1996. Sensitivity of proneural genes to lateral inhibition affects the pattern of primary neurons in Xenopus embryos. Development 122: 2295–2301. , .
- 2003. Temporal-spatial characterization of chicken clock genes: circadian expression in retina, pineal gland, and peripheral tissues. J Neurochem 85: 851–860. , , , , .
- 2008. Circadian genes are expressed during early development in Xenopus laevis. PLoS One 3: e2749. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Clock genes, melanopsins, melatonin, and dopamine key enzymes and their modulation by light and glutamate in chicken embryonic retinal cells. Chronobiol Int 28: 89–100. , , .
- 2008. Autonomous onset of the circadian clock in the zebrafish embryo. EMBO J 27: 2757–2765. , .
- 1990. The orthodenticle gene is regulated by bicoid and torso and specifies Drosophila head development. Nature 346: 485–488. , .
- 2001. Evidence for medial/lateral specification and positional information within the presomitic mesoderm. Development 128: 5139–5147. , , , , .
- 2005. The cell biology of neurogenesis. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6: 777–788. , .
- 1999. Ontogeny of circadian and light regulation of melatonin release in Xenopus laevis embryos. Brain Res Dev Brain Res 117: 109–116. , , , .
- 2001. The circadian gene Clock is restricted to the anterior neural plate early in development and is regulated by the neural inducer noggin and the transcription factor Otx2. Mech Dev 101: 105–110. , , .
- 1998. Delta-Notch signalling and the patterning of sensory cell differentiation in the zebrafish ear: evidence from the mind bomb mutant. Development 125: 4637–4644. , , , .
- 1992. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. 1951. Dev Dyn 195: 231–272. , .
- 1995. Expression of a Delta homologue in prospective neurons in the chick. Nature 375: 787–790. , , , , , .
- 2008. Ontogeny of melatonin, Per2 and E4bp4 light responsiveness in the chicken embryonic pineal gland. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 149: 44–50. , , .
- 2007. Clock gene expression in the murine gastrointestinal tract: endogenous rhythmicity and effects of a feeding regimen. Gastroenterology 133: 1250–1260. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Dynamic Notch signaling in neural progenitor cells and a revised view of lateral inhibition. Nat Neurosci 11: 1247–1251. , , , .
- 2006. Real-time imaging of the somite segmentation clock: revelation of unstable oscillators in the individual presomitic mesoderm cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103: 1313–1318. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. The circadian gene Clock is required for the correct early expression of the head specific gene Otx2. Int J Dev Biol 46: 999–1004. .
- 2008. FGF induces oscillations of Hes1 expression and Ras/ERK activation. Curr Biol 18: R332–334. , , , , .
- 2007. The initiation and propagation of Hes7 oscillation are cooperatively regulated by Fgf and notch signaling in the somite segmentation clock. Dev Cell 13: 298–304. , , , , , .
- 2003. Ontogeny of circadian clock gene expression in the pineal and the suprachiasmatic nucleus of chick embryo. Brain Res 990: 231–234. , , , , , .
- 2002. A web of circadian pacemakers. Cell 111: 919–922. , .
- 2007. The maternal-zygotic transition: death and birth of RNAs. Science 316: 406–407. .
- 2008. Oscillations in notch signaling regulate maintenance of neural progenitors. Neuron 58: 52–64. , , .
- 2008. The genetics of mammalian circadian order and disorder: implications for physiology and disease. Nat Rev Genet 9: 764–775. , , , .
- 2009. Ontogeny of circadian oscillations in the heart and liver in chicken. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 154: 78–83. , , .