Reviews–A Peer Reviewed Forum
Developmental roles of tribbles protein family members
Version of Record online: 27 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 241, Issue 8, pages 1239–1248, August 2012
How to Cite
Dobens, L. L. and Bouyain, S. (2012), Developmental roles of tribbles protein family members. Dev. Dyn., 241: 1239–1248. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.23822
- Issue online: 17 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 JUN 2012 12:14PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2012
- 2000. A gain-of-function screen for genes that affect the development of the Drosophila adult external sensory organ. Genetics 155: 733–752. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2012. The tribbles gene family and lipoprotein metabolism. Curr Opin Lipidol 23: 122–126. , .
- 2004. Genome-wide survey of protein kinases required for cell cycle progression. Nature 432: 980–987. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. TRB3 blocks adipocyte differentiation through the inhibition of C/EBPbeta transcriptional activity. Mol Cell Biol 27: 6818–6831. , , , , .
- 2008. PhosphoPep–a database of protein phosphorylation sites in model organisms. Nat Biotechnol 26: 1339–1340. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Emerging roles of pseudokinases. Trends Cell Biol 16: 443–452. , , , .
- 2003. SKIP3, a novel Drosophila tribbles ortholog, is overexpressed in human tumors and is regulated by hypoxia. Oncogene 22: 2823–2835. , , .
- 2007. A novel regulatory mechanism of the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) signaling pathway involving the carboxyl-terminal tail domain of BMP type II receptor. Mol Cell Biol 27: 5776–5789. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Molecular basis for antagonism between PDGF and the TGFbeta family of signalling pathways by control of miR-24 expression. EMBO J 29: 559–573. , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Prospero acts as a binary switch between self-renewal and differentiation in Drosophila neural stem cells. Dev Cell 11: 775–789. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. FGF signaling regulates mesoderm cell fate specification and morphogenetic movement at the primitive streak. Dev Cell 1: 37–49. , .
- 2009. Increased expression of the Akt/PKB inhibitor TRB3 in osteoarthritic chondrocytes inhibits insulin-like growth factor 1-mediated cell survival and proteoglycan synthesis. Arthritis Rheum 60: 492–500. , , , , , .
- 2010. Differential ability of Tribbles family members to promote degradation of C/EBPalpha and induce acute myelogenous leukemia. Blood 116: 1321–1328. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. TRB3: a tribbles homolog that inhibits Akt/PKB activation by insulin in liver. Science 300: 1574–1577. , , , .
- 2004. Embryogenesis: coordinating cell division with gastrulation. Curr Biol 14: R305–R307. , .
- 2008. LDL uptake by monocytes in response to inflammation is MAPK dependent but independent of tribbles protein expression. Immunol Lett 116: 178–183. , , , , , .
- 2004. Mother-daughter precursor cell fate transformation after Cdc2 down-regulation in the Drosophila bristle lineage. Dev Biol 276: 367–377. , .
- 2011. The TRIB3 R84 variant is associated with increased carotid intima-media thickness in vivo and with enhanced MAPK signalling in human endothelial cells. Cardiovasc Res 89: 184–192. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Tribbles-1 and -2 are tumour suppressors, down-regulated in human acute myeloid leukaemia. Immunol Lett 130: 115–124. , , , , , .
- 2011. Overexpression of TRIB2 in human lung cancers contributes to tumorigenesis through downregulation of C/EBPalpha. Oncogene 30: 3328–3335. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. A Drosophila overexpression screen for modifiers of Rho signalling in cytokinesis. Fly (Austin) 1: 13–22. , , , , , .
- 2000. A genetic link between morphogenesis and cell division during formation of the ventral furrow in Drosophila. Cell 101: 523–531. , .
- 2006. Tribbles: novel regulators of cell function; evolutionary aspects. Cell Mol Life Sci 63: 1632–1641. , , .
- 2011. TRB3 interacts with SMAD3 promoting tumor cell migration and invasion. J Cell Sci 124: 3235–3246. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Mixed lineage kinase-3 stabilizes and functionally cooperates with TRIBBLES-3 to compromise mitochondrial integrity in cytokine-induced death of pancreatic beta cells. J Biol Chem 285: 22426–22436. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. The origin of asymmetry: early polarisation of the Drosophila germline cyst and oocyte. Curr Biol 14: R438–R449. , .
- 2010. Human Tribbles homolog 1 functions as a negative regulator of retinoic acid receptor. Genes Cells 15: 1089–1097. , .
- 2002. Cell movements during gastrulation: snail dependent and independent pathways. Curr Opin Genet Dev 12: 423–429. , .
- 2010. Percentage of smudge cells determined on routine blood smears is a novel prognostic factor in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leuk Res 34: 892–898. , , , , , , .
- 2000. The trouble with tribbles. Curr Biol 10: R502–R504. .
- 2007. TRB3 inhibits the transcriptional activation of stress-regulated genes by a negative feedback on the ATF4 pathway. J Biol Chem 282: 15851–15861. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. TRB3 modulates C2C12 differentiation by interfering with Akt activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 353: 933–938. , .
- 2006. Tribbles homolog 2 inactivates C/EBPalpha and causes acute myelogenous leukemia. Cancer Cell 10: 401–411. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Tribbles homolog 2 (Trib2) and HoxA9 cooperate to accelerate acute myelogenous leukemia. Blood Cells Mol Dis 40: 119–121. , , , .
- 2010. Transformation by Tribbles homolog 2 (Trib2) requires both the Trib2 kinase domain and COP1 binding. Blood 116: 4948–4957. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Tribbles: 'puzzling' regulators of cell signalling. Biochem Soc Trans 39: 684–687. .
- 2004. Human tribbles, a protein family controlling mitogen-activated protein kinase cascades. J Biol Chem 279: 42703–42708. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Functional mapping and identification of novel regulators for the Toll/Interleukin-1 signalling network by transcription expression cloning. Cell Signal 18: 202–214. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Genetic dissociation of ethanol sensitivity and memory formation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics 178: 1895–1902. , , , , , .
- 2009. Antitumor effects of dehydroxymethylepoxyquinomicin, a novel nuclear factor-kappaB inhibitor, in human liver cancer cells are mediated through a reactive oxygen species-dependent mechanism. Mol Pharmacol 76: 290–300. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Gastrulation movements: the logic and the nuts and bolts. Dev Cell 8: 305–320. .
- 2010. The pseudokinase tribbles homolog 3 interacts with ATF4 to negatively regulate insulin exocytosis in human and mouse beta cells. J Clin Invest 120: 2876–2888. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Survival factor withdrawal-induced apoptosis of TF-1 cells involves a TRB2-Mcl-1 axis-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem 282: 21962–21972. , , , , , .
- 2010. Mammalian Tribbles homolog 3 impairs insulin action in skeletal muscle: role in glucose-induced insulin resistance. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298: E565–E576. , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Tetradecylthioacetic acid inhibits proliferation of human SW620 colon cancer cells–gene expression profiling implies endoplasmic reticulum stress. Lipids Health Dis 10: 190. , , , , .
- 2000. Tribbles coordinates mitosis and morphogenesis in Drosophila by regulating string/CDC25 proteolysis. Cell 101: 511–522. , , , .
- 2006. Dual role of transcription factor FoxO1 in controlling hepatic insulin sensitivity and lipid metabolism. J Clin Invest 116: 2464–2472. , , , .
- 1999. Identification of a novel kinase-like gene induced during neuronal cell death. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 258: 260–264. , , , .
- 2009. Abnormal expression of TRIB3 in colorectal cancer: a novel marker for prognosis. Br J Cancer 101: 1664–1670. , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Identification of Drosophila genes modulating Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription signal transduction. Genetics 172: 1683–1697. , , .
- 2004. Morphogenesis during Xenopus gastrulation requires Wee1-mediated inhibition of cell proliferation. Development 131: 571–580. , , , .
- 2005. Cell divisions in the drosophila embryonic mesoderm are repressed via posttranscriptional regulation of string/cdc25 by HOW. Curr Biol 15: 295–302. , , , .
- 2007. TRB2, a mouse Tribbles ortholog, suppresses adipocyte differentiation by inhibiting AKT and C/EBPbeta. J Biol Chem 282: 24075–24082. , , , , .
- 2003. Quantitative analysis of bristle number in Drosophila mutants identifies genes involved in neural development. Curr Biol 13: 1388–1396. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. TRB3, a novel ER stress-inducible gene, is induced via ATF4-CHOP pathway and is involved in cell death. EMBO J 24: 1243–1255. , , , , .
- 2007. Genetic deletion of Trb3, the mammalian Drosophila tribbles homolog, displays normal hepatic insulin signaling and glucose homeostasis. Diabetes 56: 1350–1356. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Human TRB3 is upregulated in stressed cells by the induction of translationally efficient mRNA containing a truncated 5’-UTR. Gene 444: 24–32. , , , , .
- 2010. Control of adipose tissue inflammation through TRB1. Diabetes 59: 1991–2000. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Ectopic expression of the Drosophila Cdk1 inhibitory kinases, Wee1 and Myt1, interferes with the second mitotic wave and disrupts pattern formation during eye development. Genetics 161: 721–731. , , , .
- 2005. The functional Q84R polymorphism of mammalian Tribbles homolog TRB3 is associated with insulin resistance and related cardiovascular risk in Caucasians from Italy. Diabetes 54: 2807–2811. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. The emerging role of TRIB3 as a gene affecting human insulin resistance and related clinical outcomes. Acta Diabetol 46: 79–84. , , .
- 2012. The Mammalian Tribbles Homolog TRIB3, Glucose Homeostasis, and Cardiovascular Diseases. Endocr Rev [Epub ahead of print]. , , , , , .
- 2006. TRB3 links the E3 ubiquitin ligase COP1 to lipid metabolism. Science 312: 1763–1766. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. The level of C/EBP protein is critical for cell migration during Drosophila oogenesis and is tightly controlled by regulated degradation. Mol Cell 6: 23–30. , , .
- 2004. A Xenopus tribbles orthologue is required for the progression of mitosis and for development of the nervous system. Dev Biol 273: 210–225. , .
- 2009. Cannabinoid action induces autophagy-mediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells. J Clin Invest 119: 1359–1372. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. EPO receptor circuits for primary erythroblast survival. Blood 111: 5390–5399. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. A misexpression screen reveals effects of bag-of-marbles and TGF beta class signaling on the Drosophila male germ-line stem cell lineage. Genetics 167: 707–723. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. TRB3 is a PI 3-kinase dependent indicator for nutrient starvation. Cell Signal 18: 899–909. , , , , .
- 2000. Tribbles, a cell-cycle brake that coordinates proliferation and morphogenesis during Drosophila gastrulation. Curr Biol 10: 623–629. , .
- 2007. Fibrates upregulate TRB3 in lymphocytes independent of PPAR alpha by augmenting CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBP beta) expression. Mol Immunol 44: 1218–1229. , , .
- 2009. TRB3, upregulated by ox-LDL, mediates human monocyte-derived macrophage apoptosis. FEBS J 276: 2752–2761. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Human tribbles-1 controls proliferation and chemotaxis of smooth muscle cells via MAPK signaling pathways. J Biol Chem 282: 18379–18387. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. TRB3 suppresses adipocyte differentiation by negatively regulating PPARgamma transcriptional activity. J Lipid Res 49: 880–892. , , , .
- 2008. Trb2, a mouse homolog of tribbles, is dispensable for kidney and mouse development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373: 648–652. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Anti-tumoral action of cannabinoids on hepatocellular carcinoma: role of AMPK-dependent activation of autophagy. Cell Death Differ 18: 1099–1111. , , , , , .
- 2011. APPL1 counteracts obesity-induced vascular insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction by modulating the endothelial production of nitric oxide and endothelin-1 in mice. Diabetes 60: 3044–3054. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011a. TRIB3 protein denotes a good prognosis in breast cancer patients and is associated with hypoxia sensitivity. Radiother Oncol 101: 198–202. , , , , .
- 2011b. Tribbles homolog 3 denotes a poor prognosis in breast cancer and is involved in hypoxia response. Breast Cancer Res 13: R82. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Identification and characterization of novel genes modulated in the thyroid of dogs treated with methimazole and propylthiouracil. J Biol Chem 271: 28451–28457. , , , , , .
- 1997. Characterization of a phosphoprotein whose mRNA is regulated by the mitogenic pathways in dog thyroid cells. Eur J Biochem 248: 660–668. , , , , , , .
- 2007. TRB3 interacts with CtIP and is overexpressed in certain cancers. Biochim Biophys Acta 1770: 273–278. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Enhanced TLR-mediated NF-IL6 dependent gene expression by Trib1 deficiency. J Exp Med 204: 2233–2239. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Tribbles in disease: signaling pathways important for cellular function and neoplastic transformation. Cancer Sci 102: 1115–1122. , .
- 2010. Trib1 links the MEK1/ERK pathway in myeloid leukemogenesis. Blood 116: 2768–2775. , , , , , .
- 2010. Human TRIB2 is a repressor of FOXO that contributes to the malignant phenotype of melanoma cells. Oncogene 29: 2973–2982. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. The molecular mechanism of endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis in PC-12 neuronal cells: the protective effect of insulin-like growth factor I. Endocrinology 150: 277–285. , , , , , , , .