Assessing the critical period for Rho kinase activity during Drosophila ventral furrow formation
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 241, Issue 11, pages 1729–1743, November 2012
How to Cite
Krajcovic, M. M. and Minden, J. S. (2012), Assessing the critical period for Rho kinase activity during Drosophila ventral furrow formation. Dev. Dyn., 241: 1729–1743. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.23859
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 SEP 2012 02:26PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 AUG 2012
- NSF. Grant Number: 0919769
- NIH. Grant Number: S10-RR024716
- 2004. Myosin-dependent junction remodelling controls planar cell intercalation and axis elongation. Nature 429: 667–671. , , .
- 1985. The embryonic development of Drosophila melanogaster. New York: Springer-Verlag; xi, 227 p. , .
- 1994. A putative cell signal encoded by the folded gastrulation gene coordinates cell shape changes during Drosophila gastrulation. Cell 76: 1075–1089. , , .
- 2005. folded gastrulation, cell shape change and the control of myosin localization. Development 132: 4165–4178. , , , , , .
- 2008. Early iron deficiency produces persistent damage to visual tracts in Wistar rats. Nutr Neurosci 11: 283–289. , , .
- 2009. Myosin II dynamics are regulated by tension in intercalating cells. Dev Cell 17: 736–743. , , , , .
- 2004. Drosophila ventral furrow morphogenesis: a proteomic analysis. Development 131: 643–656. , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Uncoupling gastrulation and mesoderm differentiation in the Drosophila embryo. EMBO J 13: 5826–5834. , , .
- 1991. Drosophila gastrulation: analysis of cell shape changes in living embryos by three-dimensional fluorescence microscopy. Development 112: 365–370. , , , , .
- 2007. Control of Drosophila gastrulation by apical localization of adherens junctions and RhoGEF2. Science 315: 384–386. , , , , .
- 1991. Establishment of the mesoderm-neuroectoderm boundary in the Drosophila embryo. Science 254: 118–122. , , , .
- 1991. twist and snail as positive and negative regulators during Drosophila mesoderm development. Genes Dev 5: 1568–1576. .
- 1990. Cell shape changes during gastrulation in Drosophila. Development 110: 73–84. , .
- 2003. Rho-kinase inhibitor inhibits both myosin phosphorylation-dependent and -independent enhancement of myofilament Ca2+ sensitivity in the bovine middle cerebral artery. Br J Pharmacol 140: 871–880. , , , , .
- 2009. Pulsed contractions of an actin-myosin network drive apical constriction. Nature 457: 495–499. , , .
- 2007. Essential roles of myosin phosphatase in the maintenance of epithelial cell integrity of Drosophila imaginal disc cells. Dev Biol 309: 78–86. , , , , .
- 1998. Hyperactivation of the folded gastrulation pathway induces specific cell shape changes. Development 125: 589–597. , , , , .
- 2000. Use and properties of ROCK-specific inhibitor Y-27632. Methods Enzymol 325: 273–284. , , .
- 2001. Real-time imaging of cell-cell adherens junctions reveals that Drosophila mesoderm invagination begins with two phases of apical constriction of cells. J Cell Sci 114: 493–501. , .
- 2009. Mechanical signals trigger Myosin II redistribution and mesoderm invagination in Drosophila embryos. Sci Signal 2: ra16. , , , .
- 2004. Drosophila RhoGEF2 associates with microtubule plus ends in an EB1-dependent manner. Curr Biol 14: 1827–1833. , , , , .
- 2002. Cortical recruitment of nonmuscle myosin II in early syncytial Drosophila embryos: its role in nuclear axial expansion and its regulation by Cdc2 activity. J Cell Biol 158: 127–137. , , .
- 2004. Reassessing the role and dynamics of nonmuscle myosin II during furrow formation in early Drosophila embryos. Mol Biol Cell 15: 838–850. , , , , .
- 2007. Analysis and reconstitution of the genetic cascade controlling early mesoderm morphogenesis in the Drosophila embryo. Mech Dev 124: 167–179. , , , .
- 1991. Gastrulation in Drosophila: the formation of the ventral furrow and posterior midgut invaginations. Development 112: 775–789. , , , .
- 1995. Drosophila nonmuscle myosin II is required for rapid cytoplasmic transport during oogenesis and for axial nuclear migration in early embryos. Development 121: 1937–1946. , , .
- 2001. Drosophila Rho-associated kinase (Drok) links Frizzled-mediated planar cell polarity signaling to the actin cytoskeleton. Cell 105: 81–91. , , , , , , .
- 2008. End-on imaging: a new perspective on dorsoventral development in Drosophila embryos. Dev Dyn 237: 3252–3259. , , , .
- 1991. Dynamic changes in the distribution of cytoplasmic myosin during Drosophila embryogenesis. Development 111: 1–14. , , .