Slit/Robo-mediated chemorepulsion of vagal sensory axons in the fetal gut
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 242, Issue 1, pages 9–15, January 2013
How to Cite
Goldberg, D., Borojevic, R., Anderson, M., Chen, J. J., Gershon, M. D. and Ratcliffe, E. M. (2013), Slit/Robo-mediated chemorepulsion of vagal sensory axons in the fetal gut. Dev. Dyn., 242: 9–15. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.23898
- Issue published online: 11 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 NOV 2012 06:57AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 OCT 2012
- J.P. Bickell Foundation
- McMaster Children's Hospital
- 2000. Functional and chemical anatomy of the afferent vagal system. Auton Neurosci 85: 1–17. , .
- 2007. Sensory transmission in the gastrointestinal tract. Neurogastroenterol Motil 19: 1–19. , , , .
- 2010. Plasticity of vagal brainstem circuits in the control of gastric function. Neurogastroenterol Motil 22:1154–1163. , .
- 2003. Dual function of Slit2 in repulsion and enhanced migration of trunk, but not vagal, neural crest cells. J Cell Biol 162: 269–279. , , .
- 2000. Retinal ganglion cell axon guidance in the mouse optic chiasm: expression and function of Robos and Slits. J Neurosci 13: 4975–4982. , , , , , , , .
- 2009. Robo1/robo4: different expression patterns in retinal development. Exp Eye Res 88: 583–588. , , , , , .
- 2003. Netrins and DCC in the guidance of migrating neural crest-derived cells in the developing bowel and pancreas. Dev Biol 258: 364–384. , , .
- 1999. Vertebrate slit, a secreted ligand for the transmembrane protein roundabout, is a repellent for olfactory bulb axons. Cell 96: 807–818. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Conserved roles for Slit and Robo proteins in midline commissural axon guidance. Neuron 42: 213–223. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1989. Structure, afferent innervation, and transmitter content of ganglia of the guinea pig gallbladder: relationship to the enteric nervous system. J Comp Neurol 283: 374–390. , .
- 2010. Mice deficient in brain-derived neurotrophic factor have altered development of gastric vagal sensory innervation. J Comp Neurol 518: 2934–2951. , .
- 2001. A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time RT-PCR. Nucleic Acids Res 29: e45. .
- 2005. Plasticity of vagal afferents at the site of an incision in the wall of the stomach. Auton Neurosci 123: 44–53. , .
- 2002. Musings on the wanderer: what's new in our understanding of vago-vagal reflexes? I. Morphology and topography of vagal afferents innervating the GI tract. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283: G1217–1225. , .
- 2006. Netrin/DCC-mediated attraction of vagal sensory axons to the fetal mouse gut. J Comp Neurol 498: 567–580. , , , , , .
- 2008. Laminin terminates the Netrin/DCC mediated attraction of vagal sensory axons. Dev Neurobiol 68: 960–971. , , .
- 2011. Enteric neurons synthesize netrins and are essential for the development of the vagal sensory innervation of the fetal gut. Dev Neurobiol 71: 362–373. , , , , , .
- 2001. Hierarchical organization of guidance receptors: silencing of netrin attraction by slit through a Robo/DCC receptor complex. Science 291: 1928–1938. , .
- 2006. Slits contribute to the guidance of retinal ganglion cell axons in the mammalian optic tract. Dev Biol 296: 476–484. , , , .
- 2006. Dynamic changes in Robo2 and Slit1 expression in adult rat dorsal root ganglion and sciatic nerve after peripheral and central axonal injury. Neurosci Res 56: 314–321. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Moving away from the midline: new developments for Slit and Robo. Development 137: 1939–1952. , , .