Halogenated nucleotide labeling of nascent RNAs reveals dynamic transcription in growing pig oocytes
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 242, Issue 1, pages 16–22, January 2013
How to Cite
Oqani, R. K., Lee, M. G., Diao, Y. F., Han, R. X. and Jin, D. I. (2013), Halogenated nucleotide labeling of nascent RNAs reveals dynamic transcription in growing pig oocytes. Dev. Dyn., 242: 16–22. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.23901
- Issue published online: 11 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 NOV 2012 06:15AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2012
- BioGreen 21 Program of the Rural Development Administration. Grant Number: PJ009060
- the Korean Government (MEST). Grant Number: 2010-0022263
- 1997a. Nuclear translocation and carboxyl-terminal domain phosphorylation of RNA polymerase II delineate the two phases of zygotic gene activation in mammalian embryos. EMBO J 16: 6250–6262. , , , , , .
- 1997b. Phosphorylation of the RNA polymerase II largest subunit during Xenopus laevis oocyte maturation. Mol Cell Biol 17: 1434–1440. , , , , .
- 2011. Inhibiting eukaryotic transcription: which compound to choose? How to evaluate its activity? Transcription 2: 103–108. .
- 2004. Regulation of ribosomal RNA synthesis during the final phases of porcine oocyte growth. Biol Reprod 70: 925–935. , , , , , , , .
- 1972. RNA synthesis in maturing mouse oocytes. Exp Cell Res 74: 577–582. , .
- 2000. Promyelocytic leukemia (PML) nuclear bodies are protein structures that do not accumulate RNA. J Cell Biol 148: 283–292. , , .
- 1999. Differential transcriptional activity associated with chromatin configuration in fully grown mouse germinal vesicle oocytes. Biol Reprod 60: 580–587. , , , , , .
- 2007. Regulation of chromatin and chromosome morphology by histone H3 modifications in pig oocytes. Reproduction 133: 371–382. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1981. Nucleolar fine structure and RNA synthesis in porcine oocytes during the early stages of antrum formation. Biol Cell 41: 35–42. , , .
- 2004. Major chromatin remodeling in the germinal vesicle (GV) of mammalian oocytes is dispensable for global transcriptional silencing but required for centromeric heterochromatin function. Dev Biol 275: 447–458. , , , , , .
- 1993. Competent mouse oocytes isolated from antral follicles exhibit different chromatin organization and follow different maturation dynamics. Mol Reprod Dev 36: 59–74. , , , , , .
- 1995. Bovine oocyte diameter in relation to maturational competence and transcriptional activity. Mol Reprod Dev 42: 437–442. , , .
- 2005. Changes in extranucleolar transcription during actinomycin D-induced apoptosis. Histol Histopathol 20: 107–117. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Changes in porcine oocyte germinal vesicle development as follicles approach preovulatory maturity. Theriogenology 54: 389–399. , .
- 1996. Active RNA polymerases are localized within discrete transcription “factories' in human nuclei. J Cell Sci 109: 1427–1436. , , , .
- 1993. Visualization of focal sites of transcription within human nuclei. EMBO J 12: 1059–1065. , , , .
- 2008. Exploring RNA transcription and turnover in vivo by using click chemistry. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105: 15779–15784. , .
- 1971. Structural evidence for two alpha-amanitin sensitive RNA polymerases in calf thymus. FEBS Lett 15: 169–174. , , .
- 1995. Localization of nucleic acids in the nucleoli of oocytes and early embryos of mouse and hamster: an autoradiographic study. Mol Reprod Dev 41: 449–458. , , .
- 2002. Effect of follicular size on meiotic and developmental competence of porcine oocytes. Theriogenology 57: 1523–1532. , , , , .
- 2006. Ribosome biogenesis and cell growth: mTOR coordinates transcription by all three classes of nuclear RNA polymerases. Oncogene 25: 6384–6391. , .
- 2003. Chromatin configuration and transcriptional control in human and mouse oocytes. Mol Reprod Dev 64: 458–470. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1974. RNA synthesis in the mouse oocyte. J Cell Biol 60: 416–422. , , , .
- 1976. Breakdown of the germinal vesicle in pig oocytes in vivo and in vitro. J Exp Zool 198: 155–162. , .
- 1986. Factors affecting meiotic competence in pig oocytes. Theriogenology 5: 87–96. , .
- 1996. In vivo degradation of RNA polymerase II largest subunit triggered by alpha-amanitin. Nucleic Acids Res 24: 2924–2929. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Transcriptional, post-transcriptional and epigenetic control of porcine oocyte maturation and embryogenesis. Soc Reprod Fertil Suppl 66: 165–176. , , , .
- 1976. RNA synthesis in preovulatory mouse oocytes. J Cell Biol 70: 251–257. , .
- 2004. Changes in germinal vesicle (GV) chromatin configurations during growth and maturation of porcine oocytes. Mol Reprod Dev 69: 228–234. , , , , .
- 2009. Chromatin configurations in the germinal vesicle of mammalian oocytes. Mol Hum Reprod 15: 1–9. , , , , , .
- 1993. Fluorescent labeling of nascent RNA reveals transcription by RNA polymerase II in domains scattered throughout the nucleus. J Cell Biol 122: 283–293. , , , , , .
- 1976. RNA synthesis in fully-grown mouse oocytes. Nature 261: 73–74. , .
- 1974. Role of DNA-dependent RNA polymerases II and III in transcription of the adenovirus genome late in productive infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 71: 3426–3439. , , .
- 2000. Development of porcine oocytes from preovulatory follicles of different sizes after maturation in media supplemented with follicular fluids. Reprod Fertil Dev 12: 133–139. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Chromatin organization during mouse oocyte growth. Mol Reprod Dev 41: 479–485. , , , , .
- 2011. What does it take to make a developmentally competent mammalian egg? Hum Reprod Update 17: 525–540. , , , , .