A Technique to Increase Accessibility to Late-Stage Chick Embryos for In Ovo Manipulations
Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 242, Issue 2, pages 148–154, February 2013
How to Cite
Spurlin, J. and Lwigale, P. (2013), A Technique to Increase Accessibility to Late-Stage Chick Embryos for In Ovo Manipulations. Dev. Dyn., 242: 148–154. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.23907
- Issue online: 22 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 26 NOV 2012 10:04PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 OCT 2012
- NIH. Grant Numbers: EY018050, EY022158
- 1974. A simple procedure for the long-term cultivation of chicken embryos. Dev Biol 41:391–394. , , , .
- 2012. A simple technique for early in vivo electroporation of E1 chick embryos. Dev Dyn 241:545–552. , , , .
- 2005. Dlx gene expression during chick inner ear development. J Comp Neurol 483:48–65. , , .
- 2010. A random cell motility gradient downstream of FGF controls elongation of an amniote embryo. Nature 466:248–252. , , , , , .
- 2005. Ubiquitous GFP expression in transgenic chickens using a lentiviral vector. Development 132:935–940. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Neural crest derivatives in ocular and periocular structures. Int J Dev Biol 49:161–171. , , .
- 2005. Shell-less chick embryo culture as an alternative in vitro model to investigate glucose-induced malformations in mammalian embryo. Rev Diabet Stud 2:221–227. , .
- 2002. Overexpression of Snail family members highlights their ability to promote chick neural crest formation. Development 129:1583–1593. , .
- 1991. A new technique for explanation and in vitro cultivation of chicken embryos. Anat Rec 229:125–128. , , , .
- 2010. New methods for chicken embryo manipulations. Microsc Res Tech 73:58–66. , , , .
- 2011. Embryological and genetic manipulation of chick development. Methods Mol Biol 770:119–137. , .
- 2006. Transplantation of human embryonic stem cells to the chick embryo. Methods Mol Biol 331:137–151. .
- 2012. Analysis of neural crest migration and differentiation by cross-species transplantation. J Vis Exp 7:3622. , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morph 88:49–92. , .
- 1998. The DF-1 chicken fibroblast cell line: transformation induced by diverse oncogenes and cell death resulting from infection by avian leukosis viruses. Virology 248:295–304. , , , , .
- 1973. A biological cell labeling technique and its use in experimental embryology. Dev Biol 30:217–222. .
- 1978. Participation of neural crest-derived cells in the genesis of the skull in birds. J Embryol Exp Morph 47:17–37. .
- 2005. Ex ovo electroporation for gene transfer into older chicken embryos. Dev Dyn 233:1470–1477. , .
- 2008. Other chimeras: quail-duck and mouse-chick. Methods Cell Biol 87:59–74. , .
- 2005. Corneal keratocytes retain neural crest progenitor cell properties. Dev Biol 288:284–293. , , .
- 1999. Expression and function of Gdf-5 during digit skeletogenesis in the embryonic chick leg bud. Dev Biol 206:33–45. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1968. The differentiation of chick embryonic skin: An electron microscopic study with a description of peculiar epidermal cytoplasmic ultrastructure. Exp Cell Res 52:261–283. , .
- 2004. Gain- and loss-of-function in chick embryos by electroporation. Mech Dev 121:1137–1143. , , , .
- New DAT. 1955. A new technique for the cultivation of the chick embryo in vitro. J Embryol Exp Morph 3:320–332.
- 2004. Dlx genes integrate positive and negative signals during feather bud development. Dev Biol 265:219–233. , , .
- 2008. Gain- and loss-of-function approaches in the chick embryo. Methods Cell Biol 87:237–256. , .
- 1974. A quantitative analysis of the effect of excision of the AER from the chick limb-bud. J Embryo Exp Morph 32:651–660. .
- 2008. Thyroid hormone components are expressed in three sequential waves during development of the chick retina. BMC Dev Biol 8:1–20. , , , .
- 1961. An analysis of chick epidermal differentiation in situ and in vitro in chemically defined media. Dev Biol 3:355–389. .
- 2010. Analysis of chick (Gallus gallus) middle ear columella formation. BMC Dev Biol 10:1–12. , , , .
- 2012. Induction of the chick columella and its integration with the inner ear. Dev Dyn 241:1104–1110. , , , , , , .