Patterns & Phenotypes
During Embryogenesis, Esrp1 Expression Is Restricted to a Subset of Epithelial Cells and Is Associated With Splicing of a Number of Developmentally Important Genes
Article first published online: 30 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 242, Issue 3, pages 281–290, March 2013
How to Cite
Revil, T. and Jerome-Majewska, L. A. (2013), During Embryogenesis, Esrp1 Expression Is Restricted to a Subset of Epithelial Cells and Is Associated With Splicing of a Number of Developmentally Important Genes. Dev. Dyn., 242: 281–290. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.23918
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 30 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 DEC 2012 08:32AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 NOV 2012
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research . Grant Number: MOP-102666
- Centre for the Study of Reproduction
- 2012. Compound inheritance of a low-frequency regulatory SNP and a rare null mutation in exon-junction complex subunit RBM8A causes TAR syndrome. Nat Genet 44:435–439, S431–432. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Alternative splicing regulation during C. elegans development: splicing factors as regulated targets. PLoS Genet 4:e1000001. , .
- 2011. Co-regulation of alternative splicing by diverse splicing factors in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nucleic Acids Res 39:666–674. , , , , .
- 2009. Mice with mutations of Dock7 have generalized hypopigmentation and white-spotting but show normal neurological function. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 106:2706–2711. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. CD44 splice isoform switching in human and mouse epithelium is essential for epithelial-mesenchymal transition and breast cancer progression. J Clin Invest 121:1064–1074. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Functional overlap between the mec-8 gene and five sym genes in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics 153:117–134. , , , .
- 2008. Expression cloning in Xenopus identifies RNA-binding proteins as regulators of embryogenesis and Rbmx as necessary for neural and muscle development. Dev Dyn 237:1755–1766. , , .
- 2012. Genome-wide determination of a broad ESRP-regulated posttranscriptional network by high-throughput sequencing. Mol Cell Biol 32:1468–1482. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Syncytin-A and syncytin-B, two fusogenic placenta-specific murine envelope genes of retroviral origin conserved in Muridae. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 102:725–730. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Syncytin-A knockout mice demonstrate the critical role in placentation of a fusogenic, endogenous retrovirus-derived, envelope gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 106:12127–12132. , , , , , , .
- 2011. A pair of co-opted retroviral envelope syncytin genes is required for formation of the two-layered murine placental syncytiotrophoblast. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 108:E1164–E1173. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Transcriptome analysis of early organogenesis in human embryos. Dev Cell 19:174–184. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009. A comprehensive in silico expression analysis of RNA binding proteins in normal and tumor tissue: identification of potential players in tumor formation. RNA Biol 6:426–433. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. ZEB1-responsive genes in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Lett 300:66–78. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2012. TGF-beta drives epithelial-mesenchymal transition through deltaEF1-mediated downregulation of ESRP. Oncogene 31:3190–3201. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. A case of 8q22.1 microdeletion without the Nablus mask-like facial syndrome phenotype. Eur J Med Genet 53:108–110. , , .
- 2001. DiGeorge syndrome phenotype in mice mutant for the T-box gene, Tbx1. Nat Genet 27:286–291. , .
- 2005. Tbx3, the ulnar-mammary syndrome gene, and Tbx2 interact in mammary gland development through a p19Arf/p53-independent pathway. Dev Dyn 234:922–933. , , , , , ,
- 2001. Genome-wide analysis of developmental and sex-regulated gene expression profiles in Caenorhabditis elegans. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98:218–223. , , , , , .
- 2012. Transcriptome landscape of the human placenta. BMC Genom 13:115. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Murine CASK is disrupted in a sex-linked cleft palate mouse mutant. Genomics 53:29–41. , .
- 2012. Gene expression profiling identifies ESRP1 as a potential regulator of epithelial mesenchymal transition in somatotroph adenomas from a large cohort of patients with acromegaly. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E1506–1514. , , , , , .
- 2002. Role of FGF10/FGFR2b signaling during mammary gland development in the mouse embryo. Development 129:53–60. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2012. Hemizygous mutations in SNAP29 unmask autosomal recessive conditions and contribute to atypical findings in patients with 22q11.2DS. J Med Genet published online first December 10, 2012. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Ectoderm, endoderm, and the evolution of heterodont dentitions. Genesis 48:382–389. , , , , .
- 2008. Deep surveying of alternative splicing complexity in the human transcriptome by high-throughput sequencing. Nat Genet 40:1413–1415. , , , , .
- 2012. Snail represses the splicing regulator epithelial splicing regulatory protein 1 to promote epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Biol Chem 287:36435–36442. , , .
- 2010. Alternative splicing is frequent during early embryonic development in mouse. BMC Genom 11:399. , , , , .
- 2011. An EMT-driven alternative splicing program occurs in human breast cancer and modulates cellular phenotype. PLoS Genet 7:e1002218. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Prospective isolation and global gene expression analysis of definitive and visceral endoderm. Dev Biol 304:541–555. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Diverse subtypes and developmental origins of trophoblast giant cells in the mouse placenta. Dev Biol 304:567–578. , , .
- 2008. Early patterning of the chorion leads to the trilaminar trophoblast cell structure in the placental labyrinth. Development 135:2083–2091. , , , , , .
- 2001. fusilli, an essential gene with a maternal role in Drosophila embryonic dorsal-ventral patterning. Dev Biol 229:44–54. , , , .
- 2008. Alternative isoform regulation in human tissue transcriptomes. Nature 456:470–476. , , , , , , , , .
- 2009a. ESRP1 and ESRP2 are epithelial cell-type-specific regulators of FGFR2 splicing. Mol Cell 33:591–601. , , , , .
- 2009b. The epithelial splicing factors ESRP1 and ESRP2 positively and negatively regulate diverse types of alternative splicing events. RNA Biol 6:546–562. , , , .
- 2010. An ESRP-regulated splicing programme is abrogated during the epithelial-mesenchymal transition. EMBO J 29:3286–3300. , , , , , , , , .
- 1990. Expression pattern of the mouse T gene and its role in mesoderm formation. Nature 343:657–659. , , .
- 2004. The identities of sym-2, sym-3 and sym-4, three genes that are synthetically lethal with mec-8 in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics 168:1293–1306. , , .
- 2002. Regulatory phases of early liver development: paradigms of organogenesis. Nat Rev Genet 3:499–512. .