Patterns & Phenotypes
Diversity and conservation of CELF1 and CELF2 RNA and protein expression patterns during embryonic development
Article first published online: 15 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 242, Issue 6, pages 767–777, June 2013
How to Cite
Blech-Hermoni, Y., Stillwagon, S.J. and Ladd, A.N. (2013), Diversity and conservation of CELF1 and CELF2 RNA and protein expression patterns during embryonic development. Dev. Dyn., 242: 767–777. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.23959
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 15 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAR 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 18 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2012
- NIH. Grant Numbers: 1R01HL089376, 5T32GM008056-28
- 2001. Novel role for RNA-binding protein CUGBP2 in mammalian RNA editing. CUGBP2 modulates C to U editing of apolipoprotein B mRNA by interacting with apobec-1 and ACF, the apobec-1 complementation factor. J Biol Chem 276:47338–47351. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Epidermal growth factor receptor stimulation activates the RNA binding protein CUG-BP1 and increases expression of C/EBPbeta-LIP in mammary epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol 24:3682–3691. , , .
- 2007. Cloning and embryonic expression patterns of the chicken CELF family. Dev Dyn 236:2216–2224. , .
- 2003. Isolation and expression of Napor/CUG-BP2 in embryo development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:448–454. , , , , , .
- 1999. Developmentally-regulated expression of mNapor encoding an apoptosis-induced ELAV-type RNA binding protein. Gene 237:135–142. , , , , .
- 2012. The importance of CELF control: molecular and biological roles of the CUG-BP, Elav-like family of RNA-binding proteins. Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA 3:104–121. , .
- 2011. A high-resolution anatomical atlas of the transcriptome in the mouse embryo. PLoS Biol 9:e1000582. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. In vivo co-localisation of MBNL protein with DMPK expanded-repeat transcripts. Nucleic Acids Res 29:2766–2771. , , , .
- 1992. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. 1951. Dev Dyn 195:231–272. , .
- 2007. Regulation of the promoter of CUG triplet repeat binding protein, Cugbp1, during myogenesis. Gene 396:391–402. , , , , .
- 2004. Competition of CUGBP1 and calreticulin for the regulation of p21 translation determines cell fate. Embo J 23:406–417. , , , , , , .
- 2008. A postnatal switch of CELF and MBNL proteins reprograms alternative splicing in the developing heart. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 105:20333–20338. , , , , , , .
- CUG-BP, Elav-like family (CELF)-mediated alternative splicing in the brain during health and disease. Mol Cell Neurosci. In press (Epub ahead of print, 2012 Dec 14). .
- 2004. Multiple domains control the subcellular localization and activity of ETR-3, a regulator of nuclear and cytoplasmic RNA processing events. J Cell Sci 117:3519–3529. , .
- 2001. The CELF family of RNA binding proteins is implicated in cell-specific and developmentally regulated alternative splicing. Mol Cell Biol 21:1285–1296. , , .
- 2004. CELF6, a member of the CELF family of RNA-binding proteins, regulates muscle-specific splicing enhancer-dependent alternative splicing. J Biol Chem 279:17756–17764. , , , .
- 2005. Dynamic balance between activation and repression regulates pre-mRNA alternative splicing during heart development. Dev Dyn 233:783–793. , , , .
- 2012. Loss of muscleblind-like 1 promotes invasive mesenchyme formation in endocardial cushions by stimulating autocrine TGFbeta3. BMC Dev Biol 12:22. , , , , .
- 2002. Etr-r3/mNapor, encoding an ELAV-type RNA binding protein, is expressed in differentiating cells in the developing rodent forebrain. Mech Dev 112:191–193. , , , , .
- 2001. Genomic organization and isoform-specific tissue expression of human NAPOR (CUGBP2) as a candidate gene for familial arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia. Genomics 74:396–401. , , .
- 2006. BGEM: an in situ hybridization database of gene expression in the embryonic and adult mouse nervous system. PLoS Biol 4:e86. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. A genome-wide in situ hybridization map of RNA-binding proteins reveals anatomically restricted expression in the developing mouse brain. BMC Dev Biol 5:14. , , , , , .
- 1999. Visualization of double-stranded RNAs from the myotonic dystrophy protein kinase gene and interactions with CUG-binding protein. Nucleic Acids Res 27:3534–3542. , , , , , .
- 2003. CUGBP2 plays a critical role in apoptosis of breast cancer cells in response to genotoxic injury. Ann NY Acad Sci 1010:504–509. , , , , , .
- 2008. Novel intestinal splice variants of RNA-binding protein CUGBP2: isoform-specific effects on mitotic catastrophe. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G971–981. , , , , , , , , .
- 2012. NIH Image to ImageJ: 25 years of image analysis. Nat Methods 9:671–675. , , .
- 2000. Vegetal localization of the maternal mRNA encoding an EDEN-BP/Bruno-like protein in zebrafish. Mech Dev 93:205–209. , , , , , .
- 2001. Coexpression of the CUG-binding protein reduces DM protein kinase expression in COS cells. J Biochem 130:581–587. , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. CUG repeat binding protein (CUGBP1) interacts with the 5′ region of C/EBPbeta mRNA and regulates translation of C/EBPbeta isoforms. Nucleic Acids Res 27:4517–4525. , , , .
- 2005. RNA CUG-binding protein 1 increases translation of 20-kDa isoform of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta by interacting with the alpha and beta subunits of eukaryotic initiation translation factor 2. J Biol Chem 280:20549–20557. , , .
- 2006. Age-specific CUGBP1-eIF2 complex increases translation of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta in old liver. J Biol Chem 281:32806–32819. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Standardization of real-time PCR gene expression data from independent biological replicates. Anal Biochem 379:127–129. , , .
- 2010. Differential expression of the Brunol/CELF family genes during Xenopus laevis early development. Int J Dev Biol 54:209–214. , , , .