This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
Patterns & Phenotypes
Tissue-specific venous expression of the EPH family receptor EphB1 in the skin vasculature
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 242, Issue 8, pages 976–988, August 2013
How to Cite
Li, W. and Mukouyama, Y.-s. (2013), Tissue-specific venous expression of the EPH family receptor EphB1 in the skin vasculature. Dev. Dyn., 242: 976–988. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.23985
- Issue published online: 17 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAY 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 23 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 NOV 2012
- Intramural Research Program of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: HL005702-07
- 1999. Roles of ephrinB ligands and EphB receptors in cardiovascular development: demarcation of arterial/venous domains, vascular morphogenesis, and sprouting angiogenesis. Genes Dev 13:295–306. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Stepwise arteriovenous fate acquisition during mammalian vasculogenesis. Dev Dyn 240:2153–2165. , , , , .
- 2004. Dosage-sensitive requirement for mouse Dll4 in artery development. Genes Dev 18:2474–2478. , , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Topographic guidance labels in a sensory projection to the forebrain. Neuron 21:1303–1313. , , , , , , .
- 1998. The ephrins and Eph receptors in neural development. Ann Rev Neurosci 21:309–345. , .
- 2004. Haploinsufficiency of delta-like 4 ligand results in embryonic lethality due to major defects in arterial and vascular development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:15949–15954. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Symmetrical mutant phenotypes of the receptor EphB4 and its specific transmembrane ligand ephrin-B2 in cardiovascular development. Mol Cell 4:403–414. , , , .
- 1995. Expression of the fms-like tyrosine kinase 4 gene becomes restricted to lymphatic endothelium during development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:3566–3570. , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Whole-mount immunohistochemical analysis for embryonic limb skin vasculature: a model system to study vascular branching morphogenesis in embryo. J Vis Exp pii 2620. , .
- 2013. Peripheral nerve-derived CXCL12 and VEGF-A regulate the patterning of arterial vessel branching in developing limb skin. Dev Cell 24:359–371. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Sensory nerves determine the pattern of arterial differentiation and blood vessel branching in the skin. Cell 109:693–705. , , , , .
- 2005. Peripheral nerve-derived VEGF promotes arterial differentiation via neuropilin 1-mediated positive feedback. Development 132:941–952. , , , , .
- 2009. Murine epidermal Langerhans cells and langerin-expressing dermal dendritic cells are unrelated and exhibit distinct functions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3312–3317. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Mechanisms of angiogenesis. Nature 386:671–674. .
- 2009. Molecular differentiation and specialization of vascular beds. Angiogenesis 12:139–147. , .
- 2010. Ephrin-B2 regulates VEGFR2 function in developmental and tumour angiogenesis. Nature 465:487–491. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Isolation of arterial-specific genes by subtractive hybridization reveals molecular heterogeneity among arterial endothelial cells. Dev Dyn 233:1589–1604. , .
- 2001. Expression of ephrinB2 identifies a stable genetic difference between arterial and venous vascular smooth muscle as well as endothelial cells, and marks subsets of microvessels at sites of adult neovascularization. Dev Biol 230:139–150. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Lineage tracing demonstrates the venous origin of the mammalian lymphatic vasculature. Genes Dev 21:2422–2432. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Orchestration of angiogenesis and arteriovenous contribution by angiopoietins and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8219–8224. , , .
- 1998. Molecular distinction and angiogenic interaction between embryonic arteries and veins revealed by ephrin-B2 and its receptor Eph-B4. Cell 93:741–753. , , .
- 2010. Ephrin-B2 controls VEGF-induced angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis. Nature 465:483–486. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Ephrin-B2 and EphB1 mediate retinal axon divergence at the optic chiasm. Neuron 39:919–935. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Suppression of Notch signalling by the COUP-TFII transcription factor regulates vein identity. Nature 435:98–104. , , , , , .
- 2002. Abnormal lymphatic vessel development in neuropilin 2 mutant mice. Development 129:4797–4806. , , , , , , .