Laser-mediated cell ablation during post-implantation mouse development
Article first published online: 2 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 242, Issue 10, pages 1202–1209, October 2013
How to Cite
Angelo, J. R. and Tremblay, K. D. (2013), Laser-mediated cell ablation during post-implantation mouse development. Dev. Dyn., 242: 1202–1209. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.24017
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 2 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 JUL 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUN 2013
- NIH. Grant Number: R01 DK087753
- American Diabetes Award. Grant Number: 1-10-BS-178
- 2011. Cell wound repair in Drosophila occurs through three distinct phases of membrane and cytoskeletal remodeling. J Cell Biol 193:455–464. , , .
- 2012. A fate map of the murine pancreas buds reveals a multipotent ventral foregut organ progenitor. PLoS ONE 7:e40707. , , .
- 1998. Metamorphosis of the mushroom bodies; large-scale rearrangements of the neural substrates for associative learning and memory in Drosophila. Learn Mem 5:102–114. , , , .
- 1996. Schwann cell apoptosis during normal development and after axonal degeneration induced by neurotoxins in the chick embryo. J Neurosci 16:3979–3990. , , , .
- 2008. Whole-blastocyst culture followed by laser drilling technology enhances the efficiency of inner cell mass isolation and embryonic stem cell derivation from good- and poor-quality mouse embryos: new insights for derivation of human embryonic stem cell lines. Stem Cells Dev 17:255–267. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Conditional targeted cell ablation in zebrafish: a new tool for regeneration studies. Dev Dyn 236:1025–1035. , , , , , .
- 1999. Impact of node ablation on the morphogenesis of the body axis and the lateral asymmetry of the mouse embryo during early organogenesis. Dev Biol 211:11–26. , , , , .
- 2003. Mechanisms controlling early development of the liver. Mech Dev 120:19–33. .
- 2012. Laser microsurgery in Caenorhabditis elegans. Methods Cell Biol 107:177–206. , , , , .
- 2011. Ablation of Tpbpa-positive trophoblast precursors leads to defects in maternal spiral artery remodeling in the mouse placenta. Dev Biol 358:231–239. , .
- 1981. Early differentiation of the heart in mouse embryos. J Anat 133:235–246. , .
- 2000. Multiple forces contribute to cell sheet morphogenesis for dorsal closure in Drosophila. J Cell Biol 149:471–490. , , , , .
- 2008. Laser surgery of zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos using femtosecond laser pulses: optimal parameters for exogenous material delivery, and the laser's effect on short- and long-term development. BMC Biotechnol 8:7. , .
- 2011. Progenitor cell domains in the developing and adult pancreas. Cell Cycle 10:1921–1927. , , , , , .
- 1998. Conditional lineage ablation to model human diseases. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95:11371–11376. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Patterned femtosecond-laser ablation of Xenopus laevis melanocytes for studies of cell migration, wound repair, and developmental processes. Biomed Opt Express 2:2383–2391. , , , , .
- 2010. Toxin-antitoxin based transgene expression in mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Res 38:e32. , , , , .
- 2005. Divergent regulatory mechanisms governing BDNF mRNA expression in cerebral cortex and substantia nigra in response to striatal target ablation. Exp Neurol 192:142–155. , , , .
- 2009. Phosphorylated-ERK 1/2 and neuronal degeneration induced by rotenone in the hippocampus neurons. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 27:366–372. , , , , , .
- 2011. Effect of co-culturing of half-destroyed and intact 4-cell mouse embryos in varying ratios on subsequent in vitro development. Theriogenology 75:1682–1687. , , .
- 2012. Plectus: a stepping stone in embryonic cell lineage evolution of nematodes. EvoDevo 3:13. , , , , .
- 2005. Development without germ cells: the role of the germ line in zebrafish sex differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 102:4074–4079. , , , .
- 2008. UV laser mediated cell selective destruction by confocal microscopy. Neural Dev 3:11. , , , .
- 2011. Correct patterning of the primitive streak requires the anterior visceral endoderm. PLoS ONE 6:e17620. , , , .
- 2005. In vivo modulation of morphogenetic movements in Drosophila embryos with femtosecond laser pulses. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 102:1047–1052. , , , , , , .
- 2012. Hydroxyurea ablation of mushroom bodies in Drosophila. Cold Spring Harb Protoc 2012:231–234. , , , .
- 2006. Laser-assisted blastocyst dissection and subsequent cultivation of embryonic stem cells in a serum/cell free culture system: applications and preliminary results in a murine model. J Transl Med 4:20. , , , , .
- 2008. Decrease in laser ablation threshold for epithelial tissue microsurgery in a living Drosophila embryo during dorsal closure. J Microsc 232:362–368. , , , , , .
- 1996. Anterior primitive endoderm may be responsible for patterning the anterior neural plate in the mouse embryo. Curr Biol 6:1487–1496. , .
- 2005. Distinct populations of endoderm cells converge to generate the embryonic liver bud and ventral foregut tissues. Dev Biol 280:87–99. , .
- 2004. Neurosurgery: functional regeneration after laser axotomy. Nature 432:822. , , , , , .
- 2012. Laser ablation of the sonic hedgehog-a-expressing cells during fin regeneration affects ray branching morphogenesis. Dev Biol 365:424–433. , , , .